ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at St. Pauls Oct 12th

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob and UNC91
No way we’re beating St Paul’s, NE can’t stop that Baldwin kid or whatever his name is. I can promise you that this is one Bulldog team we don’t want to see in our bracket. Hopefully they get matched up against Wrh or East Duplin.

• Haha
Reactions: sam and dogs79
No way we’re beating St Paul’s, NE can’t stop that Baldwin kid or whatever his name is. I can promise you that this is one Bulldog team we don’t want to see in our bracket. Hopefully they get matched up against Wrh or East Duplin.
Northeastern seems like they would be built to beat a team like st Paul’s

Reactions: UNC91

Sandbagger at its best....

Reactions: olddog77 and dogs79
Go back to 17 and see what Javonte did to us, actually just go back to the spring and look at what that rb for Reidsville did to us. I think it was #10 but I’m not sure. He high stepped his way all over us that night. That kid from St Paul’s may just end up being better than them both. He’s got our attention up here, damn that kids good

I hope the Horses get a rematch in the playoffs, that could be a month away. Don't forget the DarkHorses were leading in the 4th qtr. It's not like they had no chance to win the game.
Oh that's right most of you posters weren't at the game; okay I get it, and I know the stats too!

Last edited:
Most teams don’t realize st.paul not heavy run team.They pass the ball well.Just happen Clinton could not stop Baldwin.

• Haha
I hope the Horses get a rematch in the playoffs, that could be a month away. Don't forget the DarkHorses were leading in the 4th qtr. It's not like they had no chance to win the game.
Oh that's right most of you posters weren't at the game; okay I get it, and I know the stats too!
Good post Wiz, I think if the Darkhorses were to play at St Paul’s again that they may very well win. I’m sure the defensive coaches at Clinton would make the needed adjustments to contain that running attack. I know the sr qb Blake will do his part, so they just need a few changes on defense. You guys have a good one at Qb.

Never said Clinton couldn’t beat St. Paul’s

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
It is some 2a schools getting some d1 interest. Shelby has 2. Paylor from Cummings , knotts Monroe. Etc
I think Darkhorse34 was referring to the mostly rural small schools. They're small plus rural, which he thinks counts against them. Monroe and Shelby are in the Charlotte metro, Cummings, like Reidsville is in the Triad region which are also very close to Wake Forest, State, UNC, Duke. Plus Clemson, GaTech, Georgia, USC are close proximity to places like Ashville and Charlotte gives them 'fertile' ground for games.

I do think scout budget comes into play. If you have 80+ 2 to 5 star recruits in one area, you're more likely to go there than fly/drive out into the rural towns for 1 or 2 guys.

I remember watching a game outside Houston, back around the Johnny Manziel days, and A&M(they beat Alabama this past weekend) was looking to give a whole defense from ONE high school opportunities to play for them. Often times proximity/population concentration plays a part.

Last edited:
Funny….share a couple negative views and your not a real fan lol…..funny how all the positive shit I say gets skipped over……I think we can agree that you can love your respective teams to death and not be in love with a performance right? I mean I’m sure we all wether it’s high school,college,or pro have questioned or shared negative thoughts about a game….does that make you any less of a fan? I don’t think so but apparently speaking your mind is overrated these days Thought one of the reasons for this site and these threads was for fans to vent and share thoughts and opinions. Nope i guess we are suppose to shit rainbows and spit up candy……sorry just had to vent real fast

I think Darkhorse34 was referring to the mostly rural small schools. They're small plus rural, which he thinks counts against them. Monroe and Shelby are in the Charlotte metro, Cummings, like Reidsville is in the Triad region which are also very close to Wake Forest, State, UNC, Duke. Plus Clemson, GaTech, Georgia, USC are close proximity to places like Ashville and Charlotte gives them 'fertile' ground for games.

I do think scout budget comes into play. If you have 80+ 2 to 5 star recruits in one area, you're more likely to go there than fly/drive out into the rural towns for 1 or 2 guys.

I remember watching a game outside Houston, back around the Johnny Manziel days, and A&M(they beat Alabama this past weekend) was looking to give a whole defense from ONE high school opportunities to play for them. Often times proximity/population concentration plays a part.
Remarkably written

Baldwin has the states attention just as this Lion has NatGeo's attention. I just dont know if St Paul's future opponents can handle the attention this whole program is producing - It is causing true eruption, disruption, and interruption during the game.

I wish all the opponents much success....

Imagine being a Clinton fan and hanging your hat on conference championships. Man. Times have changed. I expect more.

I do think with the right draw they can still win the East. Definitely have to tighten things up and have a ball bounce their way in the playoffs.

Imagine being a Clinton fan and hanging your hat on conference championships. Man. Times have changed. I expect more.

I do think with the right draw they can still win the East. Definitely have to tighten things up and have a ball bounce their way in the playoffs.
ball bounce their way in the playoffs

Never doubt!…..the Wizard!

sounds like a reignition of the hype train

sounds like a reignition of the hype train
8f0f118d4072a63f98fda1aeba3d0e2c.jpg

I guess this is the part where I’m suppose to step in and defend but a fairweather fan only speaks good when the team is winning right? Sorry still getting use to this never been one before
We can form a support group if you'd like. Maybe a post game zoom call when Kanye Roberts runs for 375 yds in the playoffs. :)

We can form a support group if you'd like. Maybe a post game zoom call when Kanye Roberts runs for 375 yds in the playoffs. :)
Well as a fairweather fan I would have to agree with you. We haven’t shown any consistency in stopping a good rushing attack. #5 and #9 hurt us in the Spring and #5 wasn’t even fully healthy.QB was very successful running on us as well. So this team hasn’t shown me anything leading me to believe we would be successful in stopping that combined WRH rushing attack.

now the cheerleader “Yes man” true fan who withholds logic and objectiveness and your own opinions based off your observations has to say No one can beat Clinton we will win by 3 TDs

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Hey @UNC91 , I thought you were the only fair weather fan up here 😂. I saw the back and forth between you and another swo poster in regards to the coaching.
Nope apparently not disregard all the good things I had to say after we lost only the negatives are taken into consideration……pretty sure I posted the same way 2009-2011 when we were getting beat like a drum but nope I’m not a real true fan

Total disclaimer if people that know me really know haven’t picked up on it no I’m sharing my true thoughts or feelings in regards to my love of Clinton football…..For some reason people like to read my post only looking for the negative things I say lol which I find extremely funny. So they wanna read em im going to give ‘em something to read. Enjoy

Nope apparently not disregard all the good things I had to say after we lost only the negatives are taken into consideration……pretty sure I posted the same way 2009-2011 when we were getting beat like a drum but nope I’m not a real true fan
I listened to that entire game and I honestly thought Clinton was going to win. I remember the announcers saying in the 4th quarter with Clinton driving that if the Darkhorses scored most likely the Bulldogs would score again to take the lead because neither defense could stop the other. I think there was like 6 minutes left. They seemed concerned that St Paul’s would pretty much run the clock mostly out with a td scoring drive.

Total disclaimer if people that know me really know haven’t picked up on it no I’m sharing my true thoughts or feelings in regards to my love of Clinton football…..For some reason people like to read my post only looking for the negative things I say lol which I find extremely funny. So they wanna read em im going to give ‘em something to read. Enjoy
Dont feel bad, I get attacked from all sides and the fence lol. I just speak my true thoughts and get attacked or ridiculed quite often. I think the Wrh Kinston game is a toss up, everyone thinks I’m crazy.

I listened to that entire game and I honestly thought Clinton was going to win. I remember the announcers saying in the 4th quarter with Clinton driving that if the Darkhorses scored most likely the Bulldogs would score again to take the lead because neither defense could stop the other. I think there was like 6 minutes left. They seemed concerned that St Paul’s would pretty much run the clock mostly out with a td scoring drive.
Great running game will wear down defenses. Passing attacks can have same effect on o line trying to pass block. That's why Baldwin had 30 or so carries. Darkhorses were gassed. I think if that game is played again in playoffs, Clinton wins

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
Which why I said hey I think we are a good team we showed a lot of fight we have a good offense…..good team not great gotta play defense to be great. I guess I’m not singing our praises enough

Great running game will wear down defenses. Passing attacks can have same effect on o line trying to pass block. That's why Baldwin had 30 or so carries. Darkhorses were gassed. I think if that game is played again in playoffs, Clinton wins
I agree John

Dont feel bad, I get attacked from all sides and the fence lol. I just speak my true thoughts and get attacked or ridiculed quite often. I think the Wrh Kinston game is a toss up, everyone thinks I’m crazy.
This isn’t a wild guess or prediction it happened everyone saw it. A good defense doesn’t allow 511 yards rushing 402 of those to one player. Last 3 games we given up 35,35, and 56 but I’m not suppose to comment on that only talk about the good lol but I’m a fairweather fan tho that’s what i do lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT