ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton at St. Pauls Oct 12th

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
How bout some Tuesday night football!!!!! And a big one going down at G.S. Kinlaw Stadium as St. Pauls Bulldogs 4-0(2-0) host the Clinton Darkhorses 4-1(2-0). I think it's safe to say winner of this game will be the Southeastern Athletic conference champion so alot at stake Tuesday night as far as seeding goes aswell. For St. Pauls this will be their 3rd game in a week played Midway last Tuesday and played West Bladen tonight. Bulldogs have been thru 2 covid pauses and have kind of been under the radar cause they just haven't been on the field much but have quickly reminded us why they played for a State Championship this past Spring season with good size a host of athletes and a explosive offense. For Clinton we should be well rested and well prepared last played on Oct 1st vs Midway. A golden opportunity for the Darkhorses to not only take the first step in claiming a conference crown but to put their name in conversation of top 2A teams in the East. After falling to Ledford and lackluster performance late vs Midway we have kinda fell into that grey area between contenders and pretenders. I see some posters using the terms overrated,overhyped and i cant really muster a argument. Tuesday night have a opportunity to fall deeper into that spectrum or break out. This has all the makings of a shootout and teams are almost mirrors of each other good size,lots of athletes, explosive and balanced offenses and defenses that arent exactly bad but can definitely be scored on. Turnovers,penalties,field position,which defense can get stops,and coaching wheover checks the most boxes at the end of the night is probably the winner. Turnovers tho will be HUGE in a protential offensive shootout stealing a couple of possessions can change the game.

A little background on history between the two teams going back to a playoff meeting in 2000 and being conference members 2001-2004(Tri-six conference) of course it goes without saying this has no barring on what will happen Tuesday night just giving some background.

2000 1st round playoff game Clinton 35-St.Pauls 12
2001-Clinton 52 St. Pauls 8
2002-Clinton 60 St.Pauls 0
2003-Clinton 14 St. Pauls 0
2004-Clinton 42 St. Pauls 13

Not sure if our match up history goes back further still waiting on Mr.Hughes to rebuild thay database any older Clinton or St. Pauls fans or Southeastern HS football gurus know of any more meetings please feel free to input.

For Clinton offensively i think we need to establish the run from the start. Everyone saw Midway run the ball to the tune of 302 rushing yards Tuesday evening and most would say running the ball isnt a Midway strength. I think Clinton comes out with a similar plan of attack. Doing this helps us control tempo and helps our defense who have had its troubles these last 2 games keep that explosive Bulldog offense on the sideline as much as possible. Hoping for a big Jakwon Wilson and Blake Smith rushing performance. Defensively i forget at times we have as many as 5-7 sophomores and freshmen starting or playing majority of snaps so my criticism is a little bit too harsh we are young on that side of the ball and mistakes will be made. We are in good position majority of the time just have to finish the play nothing that cant be fixed. Tuesday have to try and limit St. Pauls big plays 11 men to the ball and just execute when in position to make a play make it a missed tackle vs these guys isnt going to end and just a first down its probably going to be a touchdown.

St. Pauls after beating West Bladen tonight 50-6 will go into Tuesday contest averaging 53 points while giving up a avg of 16 thru 4 games. Head Coach is Mike Setzer 4th season at the helm really stabilized the program has won atleast 8 games every year as Bulldog head man. Players to watch for St. Pauls QB #1 M. Breeden RB#23 K. Baldwin ATH #5 Eddrick James #10 WR J Ortiz and WR/DB #4 E. Powell

Last edited:
For Clinton we come into this game averaging 41 points while giving up a avg of 19 thru 5 games. Head Coach Cory Johnson in his 4th season has 3 consecutive conference championships and Coach of the year to his credit has really put his twist to the culture of Clinton football always produces a tough blue collar football team. Key players to watch for Clinton QB #2 Blake Smith WR #5 Patrick Morrissey RB/LB #24 Jakwon Wilson OL #77 Theo Bennett OL/DL #62 Jon Blackmon

Will for sure tune in Tuesday night for this one. From what I saw against Midway Clintons run D will have to step up in this one. Pass D looked pretty good. #5 is real good for the pass, and 24 is a hoss, with a little blocking will grind it out. I was suprised @ #62 kicking, a good size boy who will kick it to you and then put you in the dirt on the return.

GOOOOO DARKHORSES

Will for sure tune in Tuesday night for this one. From what I saw against Midway Clintons run D will have to step up in this one. Pass D looked pretty good. #5 is real good for the pass, and 24 is a hoss, with a little blocking will grind it out. I was suprised @ #62 kicking, a good size boy who will kick it to you and then put you in the dirt on the return.

GOOOOO DARKHORSES
Yes definitely they have some explosive offense weapons and they really thrive off the big play we have had a lot of time to scout this team hopefully we are prepared and make the plays we need to make to win this game

Reactions: UNC91
Yes definitely they have some explosive offense weapons and they really thrive off the big play we have had a lot of time to scout this team hopefully we are prepared and make the plays we need to make to win this game
DH34 I had the chance to meet SWO-#1. Great guy and a veteran. He asked about you. Became a fan of SWO after meeting him. There are actually some Good people on this board. I’ve met a few of them.

Otis, Dogs79, SWO-#1, yes even Goob lol.

DH34 I had the chance to meet SWO-#1. Great guy and a veteran. He asked about you. Became a fan of SWO after meeting him. There are actually some Good people on this board. I’ve met a few of them.

That’s cool I’m like him now following the team from afar hoping to make it home for atleast one game this season.

Even Goob? I’m not the boogey man or some bad dude. I just back my team to the fullest and always call things the way I see them. In person I talk the same crap but I keep it clean. In my eyes 👀 I don’t think anyone with the exception of Reidsville can beat NE. Now someone will complain because I posted something about NE on a non NE thread. I love you guys at Clinton, I also love the stadium as well.

Even Goob? I’m not the boogey man or some bad dude. I just back my team to the fullest and always call things the way I see them. In person I talk the same crap but I keep it clean. In my eyes 👀 I don’t think anyone with the exception of Reidsville can beat NE. Now someone will complain because I posted something about NE on a non NE thread. I love you guys at Clinton, I also love the stadium as well.
Think he was just joking with you

Reactions: Maiden Creek

Yea man, your as passionate about your team as anyone. You guys find a kicker yet? LoL

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
Yea man, your as passionate about your team as anyone. You guys find a kicker yet? LoL
Unfortunately no. We definitely won’t look like the same team that played you guys a couple seasons ago. We had one heck of a kicker. How can I listen to
The game online tomorrow night?

• Haha
Monday Night JV football Clinton JV gets the win over St. Pauls JV 20-6…….Nydarion Blackwell had a TD reception,Ran a kickoff back,and had a rushing TD. Think it’s only a matter of time before they start working him in on varsity

Reactions: dogs79
I know what I'm about to say wont be popular with alot of the posters on here. I'm not so sure that reidsville comes out of that tough west bracket this yr. Watchout for shelby or maiden. Possibly Salisbury. Reidsville is good no doubt. This reidsville team is not last yrs. No big time running back that one man cant tackle. Great respect for their program- just think this is the yr NE could get em if they make it out of the west. This yr reminds me alot of the 2017 season. Not trying to ruffle feathers- jmo

Reactions: daagoob
Monday Night JV football Clinton JV gets the win over St. Pauls JV 20-6…….Nydarion Blackwell had a TD reception,Ran a kickoff back,and had a rushing TD. Think it’s only a matter of time before they start working him in on varsity

He looks the part.

I know what I'm about to say wont be popular with alot of the posters on here. I'm not so sure that reidsville comes out of that tough west bracket this yr. Watchout for shelby or maiden. Possibly Salisbury. Reidsville is good no doubt. This reidsville team is not last yrs. No big time running back that one man cant tackle. Great respect for their program- just think this is the yr NE could get em if they make it out of the west. This yr reminds me alot of the 2017 season. Not trying to ruffle feathers- jmo

You're right. But, our running back is really good.

You're right. But, our running back is really good.
I'm sure he is or he wouldn't be starting for such a stellar program. Last yr u guys were dominant in every phase. Playing field more level this yr. Yal will definitely be in the mix. Just think unlike last yr, other teams have a chance this yr.

How about NFHS? I'll be at our game but I'll keep tabs on this one as well.
Not on nfhs, and it's a damn shame. Don't know all the particulars about schools gaining access to nfhs, but it pisses me off that certain big name programs don't subscribe

Reactions: Otis4411
Thinking Clinton's defense is a little better. Be high scoring but Clinton makes a couple of stops to get the win.

@olddog77 you can see just how popular your post was because nobody liked it except myself 🤣 . I honestly love hanging out with John,black dog,Mr Merle,and yourself. I think we’ll be seeing each other soon, and I don’t mean the Kinston game although I’ll be there

Reactions: dogs79
Thank you, looking forward to listening to this game.
Just use the link I posted because I think without the www prior to the link DH34 posted it won’t actually take u anywhere.

34 could get to it in his sleep, just making sure you aren’t fishing for it tonight and it be something as simple as that.

just in case again it’s:

www.Mixlr.com/oldies1170

Just use the link I posted because I think without the www prior to the link DH34 posted it won’t actually take u anywhere.

34 could get to it in his sleep, just making sure you aren’t fishing for it tonight and it be something as simple as that.

just in case again it’s:

www.Mixlr.com/oldies1170
Really appreciate that, can’t wait for it. I love high school football, it doesn’t matter to me who’s playing. It’s Tuesday night lights, I wish I was closer because Id go to it. Im going to watch that shootout in Kinston Friday night, I think that games going to be off the charts good. I think Kinston will win and Im interested in listening to your game tonight because I know nothing about St Pauls. It’s going to be a great week of Nc High school football 🏈.

• Haha
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT