CVAC 2024 - Week 5 🏈🏈🏈

flyrod5518

Aug 5, 2019
Schedule
Bandys at West Lincoln

Bunker Hill vs Lincolnton
East Burke at Maiden
Newton-Conover vs West Caldwell

Bold - Flyrod's game of the week. Tempted to do NC and WC.

Standings
🛶Bandys 3-0, 0-0
🧸Bunker Hill 2-1, 0-0
Ⓜ️Maiden 2-1, 0-0
🤠West Lincoln 2-1, 0-0
⚔️East Burke 1-2, 0-0
🐺Lincolnton 0-3, 0-0
👹Newton-Conover 0-3, 0-0
🚾West Caldwell 0-3, 0-0

Last edited:
Schedule
Bandys at West Lincoln

East Burke at Maiden

Standings
🛶Bandys 3-0, 0-0
🧸Bunker Hill 2-1, 0-0
Ⓜ️Maiden 2-1, 0-0
🤠West Lincoln 2-1, 0-0
⚔️East Burke 1-2, 0-0
🐺Lincolnton 0-3, 0-0
👹Newton-Conover 0-3, 0-0
🚾West Caldwell 0-3, 0-0
Look at Bandys! I think you made a good choice for game of week…Flyrod.

Heck!… all of them will be good games though.

Hey y’all….I think I saw Kendre eating breakfast at Brookwood this morning.😂😂😂

Should have let some other people make their choices first before breaking that 🤣🤣
I'm not involved in the pickem...but I can stir the pot

snoop dogg smile GIF by VH1

Schedule
Bandys at West Lincoln

East Burke at Maiden

Standings
🛶Bandys 3-0, 0-0
🧸Bunker Hill 2-1, 0-0
Ⓜ️Maiden 2-1, 0-0
🤠West Lincoln 2-1, 0-0
⚔️East Burke 1-2, 0-0
🐺Lincolnton 0-3, 0-0
👹Newton-Conover 0-3, 0-0
🚾West Caldwell 0-3, 0-0
Bears by 5
Bandys by 5
Maiden by 24
Newton by 14

It's getting serious now..
Bandys
. Should be the big game of the week
Bunker Hill. will be a tight game. Lincolnton is battle tested
Maiden. If Maiden struggles stopping the run like the did against Saint it will be a long night. But they will be fine. Too many athletes.
Newton Conover.Finally gets that needed 1st win. We are battle tested.

Speaking of Area 51….not taking away from the heavy weights over there….but the Catawba county vs Iredell county showdown between Foard-St. Stephens versus North and West Iredell the next 2 weeks is gonna be fun to watch.

That’s prime time right there!

Let’s go! Foard!

SSAW!…show ‘em.

Bandys
Maiden. If Maiden struggles stopping the run like the did against Saint it will be a long night. But they will be fine. Too many athletes.
Idk what you're threshold is from decent run defense to struggling to stop it...but according to our stat guys, Saint had 69 yds rushing 1st half and 61 yards second half...for 130 total rushing for the game.

I think that's pretty good.

I also believe allowing, on average, 10 points a game so far is pretty good and should bode well against a team that's averaging only 6 points a game.

Idk what you're threshold is from decent run defense to struggling to stop it...but according to our stat guys, Saint had 69 yds rushing 1st half and 61 yards second half...for 130 total rushing for the game.

I think that's pretty good.

I also believe allowing, on average, 10 points a game so far is pretty good and should bode well against a team that's averaging only 6 points a game.
Gaither for St. Stephens is a baller.

Bandys
Getting your doors blown off does not mean you are battle tested. It usually means you just got your doors blown off.

Speaking of Area 51….not taking away from the heavy weights over there….but the Catawba county vs Iredell county showdown between Foard-St. Stephens versus North and West Iredell the next 2 weeks is gonna be fun to watch.

That’s prime time right there!

Let’s go! Foard!

SSAW!…show ‘em.
Better get that conference win in these matchups for sure.

I'm gonna go out on a limb this week and say maiden offense clicks and we put up 45+ pts.
I always love your enthusiasm…well…most of the time. 😜

I won’t mention the Christ School score which wuddn’t nowhere near 45 points….but East Burke held Freedom to 12 points….the Bears didn’t…. Just saying.

I’ll take a 1-0 win…with our new kicker pulling us through on a penalty kick!😉

Go! Blue Devils

Let’s get it cooking’

Bandys over West Lincoln- a close matchup, should be oughta be, but Bandys be alittle too athletic for the rebuild at WL. Prob 2 score game

The Hill over Ljnconton- battle tested I can believe it, but Willis gets it done. If they hung close to Randleman then this is a no brainer but hoping for a close but safe game

Maiden over EB- only 1 EB win over Maiden which was the 1st time these 2 met in 07’ and obviously without Shatley EB just can’t compete with em’. It will be a battle test for Cavs to see how much adversity they can overtake and will be their hardest game of season. Keeping Freedom to just 2 scores is no easy task so EB even though big underdogs in this one they’ll show they’re not pushovers but reality is Maiden is just too much.

Newton over West Caldwell- time for the boys to showcase what they got and get a much needed win. Newton played a whopper of an East Rutherford team so talk about battle tested. North Lincoln pulled off a sizzler on those boys with a 1 point victory barely escaping with a win.

Other close area HOT games :
(No predictions)
Hickory at EL- battle for supremacy but Hickory shows their stuff and EL, well we shall see how they hold up against a powerhouse

Statesville at North Lincoln- that’s were I’m gonna be or may be if I’m a gamer. I enjoyed that light tshow they got set up. Game wise HUGE battle for 2nd place, respect, and playoff seedings.

Kinda off CVAC but is Bazzel back?

I'll say this. East Burke boys look tough on film. That defense is a nuisance, as designed, linebackers play aggressive and smart.

East Burke will be a tough game for anyone.
Defense is their key and Hernandez, that fella I think I found my fav defensive player. Prob didn’t get that many stats yet cause he’s double blocked or ball released early. One of the many reasons this defense can hold.

Defense is their key and Hernandez, that fella I think I found my fav defensive player. Prob didn’t get that many stats yet cause he’s double blocked or ball released early. One of the many reasons this defense can hold.
So do you think y'all can keep our receivers in check this year ? And what's the deal with the two lineman that got hurt last week

Reactions: Maiden Creek
So do you think y'all can keep our receivers in check this year ? And what's the deal with the two lineman that got hurt last week
Well I don’t have a status report, usually BurkeCountyMan has stuff posted like that but I think he went peace out. Been 2 weeks I think they should be back in action, can’t see why not.

Receivers you kidding me, that’s been EBs weakness for years covering receivers especially track speed that get quick separation. Had 2 defenders last year that if healthy did a pretty good job of that get hurt and didn’t go in a lot of the season and now they running D1 track.

We’re EB will get stiff on D is up front. They throw off a QB rhythm them covering those guys downfield is easier but if no penetration then it’s a nasty night for the D backfield. What bothers me is this was Draughn yall, improved and well coached but a far cry from Maiden and they wasn’t getting to or disrupting their QB as often as I figured they would. Still a low score game, that score came on a long throw while an OLineman PULLED down our DT in plain view and no call otherwise that mighta been a sack or an early release not getting to the WR making it goose egg for the night for Draughn. 2 weeks off EB should have a fired up D ready to play at least for alittle bit til the other team that being y’all Friday night begins to pull away.

Bandys at West Lincoln: I'll start off with Flyrod's game of the week, and it's a good pick, and for me, a hard one: I just don't know, but since West played North Lincoln close think I'll go with them. Here's, a disclaimer, one of these years the Trojans are going to shock us all. Remember who told you. West by 7.

East Burke at Maiden: This may be the year the Cavs beat the Wolves, but not the Devils. Sorry BFR. Maiden by 10.

Lincolnton at Bunker Hill: All of a sudden I feel tired. Things don't get any easier for us, this week. Saw these guys play Randleman on NFHS, even though they lost, they're pretty darn good. The difference from last year's semifinalist is they don't have the big left-handed quarterback. Their offensive line was impressive and of course, they're well coached. Got a feeling this is gonna come down to a grand finale in Maiden, sorry for the digression. Wolves by 1.

West Caldwell at Newton-Conover: NC by 12

Schedule
Bandys at West Lincoln

East Burke at Maiden

Standings
🛶Bandys 3-0, 0-0
🧸Bunker Hill 2-1, 0-0
Ⓜ️Maiden 2-1, 0-0
🤠West Lincoln 2-1, 0-0
⚔️East Burke 1-2, 0-0
🐺Lincolnton 0-3, 0-0
👹Newton-Conover 0-3, 0-0
🚾West Caldwell 0-3, 0-0
Bandys
Bunker Hill
Maiden
NC

I'll say this. East Burke boys look tough on film. That defense is a nuisance, as designed, linebackers play aggressive and smart.

East Burke will be a tough game for anyone.

Still here offense has got to step up. As for the EB defense it is the best I have seen at that school in a few years!!Ready to get back to play. Ready for conference play some teams have had some tough non conference games for sure!

Still here offense has got to step up. As for the EB defense it is the best I have seen at that school in a few years!!Ready to get back to play. Ready for conference play some teams have had some tough non conference games for sure!
Well you've had two weeks to prepare for us with your new coach...you thinking he stays with the shotgun full bore or are we still gonna get a heavy dose of that heavy left/heavy right?

Feels like shotgun Burke is here to stay.

TEAMCONF WCONF LCONF %OVR WOVR LOVR %
Bandys ⚔️ 000.0%30100.0%
West Lincoln000.0%2166.7%
Maiden000.0%2166.7%
Bunker Hill000.0%2166.7%
East Burke000.0%1233.3%
West Caldwell000.0%030.0%
Lincolnton000.0%030.0%
Newton000.0%030.0%

TEAMPFPAAPFAPAAVG DIFF
Bandys1023234.010.723.3 ⚔️
West Lincoln934831.016.015.0
Maiden7230 🔱24.010.0 🔱14.0
Bunker Hill104 🐻7034.7 🐻23.311.3
East Burke19456.315.0-8.7
West Caldwell4111213.737.3-23.7
Lincolnton4012113.340.3-27.0
Newton4814716.049.0-33.0

TeamPlayerQB RatPass YdsComp%Pass TDINT
BandysB. Swett140.8 ⚔️ 636 ⚔️63.2%7 ⚔️0 ⚔️
NewtonL. Adair123.143361.5%41
MaidenG. Lawing104.535961.5%42
LincolntonR. Lynch (11)80.215563.9% 🐺21
West LincolnG. Allan70.68833.3%23
Bunker HillJ. Willis Jr.59.53153.8%00 🐻
West CaldwellJ. Blankenship42.030747.4%36
East BurkeC. Bennett31.218846.8%03

TeamPlayerRush YdsYPCRush Tds
Bunker HillJ. Willis Jr.501 🐻8.17 🐻
BandysT. Stewart3527.33
West LincolnG. Ponder32523.2 💥7 💥
LincolntonT. Bost3217.53
MaidenK. Roberts1464.32
East BurkeZ. Newman1433.00
NewtonJ. Smith634.80
West CaldwellJ. Logan613.21

TeamPlayerRec YdsRecRec TDs
BandysK. Henrickson270 ⚔️164 ⚔️
MaidenR. Misher223133
NewtonM. Sifford18392
Bunker HillJ. Willis163101
LincolntonR. Lynch (6)13517 🐺1
West LincolnJ. Rowe8832
West CaldwellJ. Maxwell8141
East BurkeB. Shook5550

I heard knee issue but heard he could play Friday also lol. Abundance of caution (flashback 2020) 🤣🤣
To my knowledge that is correct. He was back the following Monday at practice just taking it easy. Newton took some physical beating in that game for sure. Don't think there are anymore on the injuries to my knowledge.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT