Bunker Hill 2-0, 0-0
Maiden 1-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 1-1, 0-0
East Burke 0-2, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-2, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-2, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-2, 0-0

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Bunker Hill. Don't know about Randleman I'm just going for one of our CVAC teams.
East Burke picks up a good win. Patton shows up after the game to challenge Draughn..lol
East Lincoln but it's going to be close.
Watauga, Blue puts up a fight but they just aren't going to have enough
Newton Conover. Turns it around this week.
Hibriten. But I think West Caldwell trys to make this close.
West Lincoln, by as much as they want

I’m on a hot hand and boys I’m gonna call em. Someone post the standings of us pickems’ I just wanna see myself up top ha ha just playing but post em’

Randelman- I’m going with this based off of their 2 victories and the Hill barley beating a Freedom team that although didn’t impress me much Freedom is decent considering new coach and all but the Hill allowed them to score often. Hard call but going with the Randleman.

East Burke- a game they better get the passing game right and practice up. Can’t see Draughn being who they were the past 2 years due to the tallent lost but EB lost a lot too but not as much as the Draughn crowd.

East Lincoln- be a closer one for Lincolnton than last week but those mustangs just seem to have the edge. Prob by 2 TDs

Watauaga- CVAC game of the week I called it. Hey if they pulled one off on Mallard Creek and got some of that tallent back from that team then it obviously won’t be enough. Who’d a thought back in the 90s and some of the 2000s Maiden would be an underdog in a matchup like this lol.

Newton- out on a limb on this one tney pull off a 3 or 5 pt thriller. ER seem to be superstars once every 5 or 6 years but this may not be one of those

Hibriten- ah the ole black and blue. Definitely not the energy in this one that many of the old matchups carry but at least something positive for fans on both sides with struggling or somewhat struggling times.

West Lincoln- ehhh farm boy rivarly I guess but West just has it and so far Foard don’t. Another good breather game for the cat square warriors

-Draughn at East Burke: The Cavaliers have played a couple of good teams and I'd like to see them win, but I'll have to go with Draughn by 6

-East Rutherford at Newton-Conover: I like both teams from days gone by. The Cavaliers got my attention when they played TC Roberson close. East Rutherford by 7

-West Lincoln at Foard: Normally, I would have some wiseass quip about West Lincoln since they're an intra-county school, but a couple of weeks ago I learned that their athletic director is a young man that I've known since he was a child and he is truly a fine person, so in deference to him, I won't...West Lincoln by 12

-West Caldwell at Hibriten: If I'm right about how it would look on a map, the guys on the East side of town (Hibriten) over the guys from the west side of town (West Caldwell), by at least 21...I also think Hibriten could beat a lot of teams, and this has little to do with them besting us in a recent scrimmage.

-Bunker Hill at Randleman: Both are top ten teams in the 2A polls, and BH has to make the long trek to the center of the state. Might be the game of the week. Bears over the Tigers by 8

-Maiden at Watauga: If the Blue Devils pull this one off, AMD will crow like a big rooster, but if the Pioneers win he'll lapse into a deep lethargy, and we'll all have to poke and prod and pull at him to get him back to normal. If any of us in the CVAC could beat Watauga it's probably Maiden or Bunker Hill, unfortunately, they're a 4A school and more than not it makes a difference, Watauga by 10

East Lincoln at Lincolnton: Khuhh, they're back. Lincolnton by 1

#Favored teams are in bold.

-Draughn at East Burke: The Cavaliers have played a couple of good teams and I'd like to see them win, but I'll have to go with Draughn by 6

-East Rutherford at Newton-Conover: I like both teams from days gone by. The Cavaliers got my attention when they played TC Roberson close. East Rutherford by 7

-West Lincoln at Foard: Normally, I would have some wiseass quip about West Lincoln since they're an intra-county school, but a couple of weeks ago I learned that their athletic director is a young man that I've known since he was a child and he is truly a fine person, so in deference to him, I won't...West Lincoln by 12

-West Caldwell at Hibriten: If I'm right about how it would look on a map, the guys on the East side of town (Hibriten) over the guys from the west side of town (West Caldwell), by at least 21...I also think Hibriten could beat a lot of teams, and this has little to do with them besting us in a recent scrimmage.

-Bunker Hill at Randleman: Both are top ten teams in the 2A polls, and BH has to make the long trek to the center of the state. Might be the game of the week. Bears over the Tigers by 8

-Maiden at Watauga: If the Blue Devils pull this one off, AMD will crow like a big rooster, but if the Pioneers win he'll lapse into a deep lethargy, and we'll all have to poke and prod and pull at him to get him back to normal. If any of us in the CVAC could beat Watauga it's probably Maiden or Bunker Hill, unfortunately, they're a 4A school and more than not it makes a difference, Watauga by 10

East Lincoln at Lincolnton: Khuhh, they're back. Lincolnton by 1

#Favored teams are in bold.

Gotta chime in on my mans picks here. Let’s see.

Draughn over EB- not taken into account what Draughn lost to graduation and last years Draughn JVs. Their jvs lost many games and by big margins. EB JVs was fair but not super. East Burke kept Freedom out the endzone played good defense better defense than Bunker Hill by the looks of the score. They shoulda upset Freedom if they didn’t have a blown coverage seconds before the half. Not a good pick(patting you on the back) but I still love ya ha ha.

East Rutherford- well you choose very wisely. I already posted my pick and can’t take it back. I jacked up that one lol. If TC Rob hung with Watauga and ER hung with TCR then this pick is a no brainer. I lost my hot hand on this one. I looked at MaxPreps. Good pick Lincolnton. ER may actually have one of their better years. I’ll be pulling for Newton for the upset and for my hot hand pick to stay alive.

West Lincoln- common sense man

Bunker Hill- you got a 50/50 on that one. Same goes for me but after that 28-0 Randeleman over Thomasville, and TVille always pretty good or real good, I had to go with the Randel.

Watauga- we know how those boys roll, good coach and always reloading. Some years slightly better than others but as long as the energy and that coach is there expect great things from this team for years to come. I hope years to come, HS ball may be a mystery down the road if elections don’t go well. Too bad they won’t meet Hickory in the playoffs. Boone boys oughta be close to 3A numbers prob not off of that by much

Lincolnton- hey the boys got a chance, I just went with East due to how they usually are and Lincolntons recent defeats.

Hibriten- common sense

Last edited:
Good thing about this week CVAC brethren is it alittle more unpredictable. Just alittle and with rivalry it makes it even more interesting.

East Burke defense may be the key for us this year. If they improve on moving the chains they may manage a few more wins than last year. Sure are missing our RBs of last year that’s gonna hurt. Much of our starters of last year are playing something at the next level 2 of which are D1 in track

Lol since I'm trolling people up today let's go with another one 🤣. How much of an embarrassment it should be for Newton-Conover players,coaches, parents and alumni. And I'm not talking about the 34-0 first QTR. Anybody's ever played sports or been a fan knows that ass whipping is always going to come at some point and that's not the reason of embarrassment. The fact that after the first quarter being delayed that the team decides to just quit and go home is a true embarrassment. That decision last night is the epitome, the guilty on all charges, and caught red handed moment. That proves and shows everyone that our opinion of Newton over the years was exactly spot on. To quote a former coach "they are who we thought the were". When times are tough and adversity comes, the quit and give up. As much as that brings a smile and warm feeling to me, this is more honesty than hate. Lol I feel like I'm on one of my old school posts from the past here, no PC just spitting the uncensored truth
This week will define Newton season in my opinion. If they lose its pretty much over and players will mentally check out

BFR, I studied on Draughn at East Burke, for awhile. If the Cavs whip Draughn, then that’s a loss I’ll gladly take.

By the way, we have to come up to EB, this season. Last time there, we had to fight for our lives to eek out a win.
Gotta say, though, it’s a nice place to take in a game. I sat in the stands after the Wolves fans had left, just enjoying the night air and the solitude. A member of the stadium staff came by and asked if I was ok. Told her I was waiting for the traffic to thin out. I appreciated her asking.

This week will define Newton season in my opinion. If they lose its pretty much over and players will mentally check out
Heard the Newton City Council might be considering an ordinance (or as my Father used to say, an audience) barring you from coming in the city limits except for work, and even then you're not allowed to make any observations of or comments on anything. Oh, and neither are you allowed to blow the horn on your vehicle, or make contemptible hand gestures, or hang your heard out of the vehicles window to cuss or insult anyone. That's pretty stiff, AMD.☺️

Heard the Newton City Council might be considering an ordinance (or as my Father used to say, an audience) barring you from coming in the city limits except for work, and even then you're not allowed to make any observations of or comments on anything. Oh, and neither are you allowed to blow the horn on your vehicle, or make contemptible hand gestures, or hang your heard out of the vehicles window to cuss or insult anyone. That's pretty stiff, AMD.☺️
Unfortunately my nephew plays at the middle school so I'll have to make a few trips there. 😂 At least until I get him away from that place 🤣🤣

Small crowd at HHS Friday night!

BFR, I studied on Draughn at East Burke, for awhile. If the Cavs whip Draughn, then that’s a loss I’ll gladly take.

By the way, we have to come up to EB, this season. Last time there, we had to fight for our lives to eek out a win.
Gotta say, though, it’s a nice place to take in a game. I sat in the stands after the Wolves fans had left, just enjoying the night air and the solitude. A member of the stadium staff came by and asked if I was ok. Told her I was waiting for the traffic to thin out. I appreciated her asking.
We good people that looks out for one another

Unfortunately my nephew plays at the middle school so I'll have to make a few trips there. 😂 At least until I get him away from that place 🤣🤣
Now, is he the 12 year old when asked what his current goals were, said “I want to grow a beard and join the demolition circuit, like my uncle AMD” ?
You’re a good influence AMD, a true-to-form role model.

Lol. That's good stuff. Hey they already trying to hire more part time deputy's to patrol the Food Lion and Walmart fire lanes. Giving them power to make a citizen arrest

Schedule
Bandys bye
Bunker Hill at Randleman
East Burke vs Draughn
Lincolnton vs East Lincoln
Maiden at Watauga
Newton Conover vs East Rutherford
West Caldwell at Hibriten
West Lincoln at Foard

Standings
Bandys 2-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 2-0, 0-0
Maiden 1-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 1-1, 0-0
East Burke 0-2, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-2, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-2, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-2, 0-0
Bunker
EB
East
Watauga
East Ruth
Hibriten
West Lincoln

CVAC Pick ‘em
15 games

BoSoxGuy5 - 15
BunkerHillBear12 - 15
Burkeforreal - 15
EB1977 - 15
LTown Wolves - 15
WNCSportyguy95 - 15
amaidendevil - 14
Beamer24 - 14
Dadof23 - 14
Maiden Creek - 14
Lincolnton - 13
Wolf4Lyfe-12
AlwaysAWolf - 11
BlueDevil96 - 11
BigRedRKO - 10

Devils-24Blue - 7….I didn’t see your week 2 picks.

Reactions: Burkeforreal
CVAC Pick ‘em
15 games

BoSoxGuy5 - 15
BunkerHillBear12 - 15
Burkeforreal - 15
EB1977 - 15
LTown Wolves - 15
WNCSportyguy95 - 15
amaidendevil - 14
Beamer24 - 14
Dadof23 - 14
Maiden Creek - 14
Lincolnton - 13
Wolf4Lyfe-12
AlwaysAWolf - 11
BlueDevil96 - 11
BigRedRKO - 10

Devils-24Blue - 7….I didn’t see your week 2 picks.
Appreciate ya. I’m still alive and toward the top but ehhh that Newton pick is gonna mess me up. But I’ll be even with Lincolnton with his Draughn pick ha ha.

But hey stranger things happen, like the EB Freedom game of 98’ Long story short Freedom DESTROYED teams that shut out EB the weeks prior then Freedom barley got out of that game alive with a real close win. Newton boys, don’t lemmie down lol

For the record…JV score from last week.

St. Stephens 20 Bunker Hill 6

Now!….

Bunker Hill travels 100 miles to Randleman. Last time they did that the Bears got beat. Of course…it was Reidsville. Tough road trip right here….the trip back sure would be sweeter with a victory. Randleman is tough but I’ll take the Bears in a squeaker.

Ole Draughn put it on the Greenville Hurricanes…sooo…I had to check them out first. The Canes did beat Thomas Jefferson last week…I know them….saw where the Canes beat Highland Tech last year…I know them too. Just for fun…I went back another year and saw where the Canes lost a game 6 to 4…do what? How rare! Yep…a team from Columbia, SC…the “New Hope Leadership Academy Gladiators” beat ‘em 6 to 4. 😂 Go figure!
I’ll take East Burke

I noticed East Lincoln 14 Forestview 0….and it’s posted as a win…but the game was stopped for lightning. Will the game be completed?…its eerily similar to CSD’s game. I guess there are many who just couldn’t figure it out. I’m taking the Mustangs.

The proverbial….Maiden by 1…can’t wait…I always enjoy a trip to Boone

East Rutherford is ranked and moving on up. I’ll take them over Newton.

Hibriten rolls.

West Lincoln rolls too.

Good luck! Fellers!

Last edited:
For the record…JV score from last week.

St. Stephens 20 Bunker Hill 6

Now!….

Bunker Hill travels 100 miles to Randleman. Last time they did that the Bears got beat. Of course…it was Reidsville. Tough road trip right here….the trip back sure would be sweeter with a victory. Randleman is tough but I’ll take the Bears in a squeaker.

Ole Draughn put it on the Greenville Hurricanes…sooo…I had to check them out first. The Canes did beat Thomas Jefferson last week…I know them….saw where the Canes beat Highland Tech last year…I know them too. Just for fun…I went back another year and saw where the Canes lost a game 6 to 4…do what? How rare! Yep…a team from Columbia, SC…the “New Hope Leadership Academy Gladiators” beat ‘em 6 to 4. 😂 Go figure!
I’ll take East Burke

I noticed East Lincoln 14 Forestview 0….and it’s posted as a win…but the game was stopped for lightning. Will the game be completed?…its eerily similar to CSD’s game. I guess there are many who just couldn’t figure it out. I’m taking the Mustangs.

The proverbial….Maiden by 1…can’t wait…I always enjoy a trip to Boone

East Rutherford is ranked and moving on up. I’ll take them over Newton.

Hibriten rolls.

West Lincoln rolls too.

Good luck! Fellers!
And this is the week yall pull ahead cause I picked Newton. I’m just used to ER not doing so well but that bit me, didn’t do my research and will hit me in the CVAC pick ems’

We’ll see how ole ER holds up when they take on North Lincoln in 2 weeks. If they can hold off Wingate they have a chance. Wingate looks like one of the bigger backs around and has speed to back it up, might not be track speed but he did finish 100M I think at around 11.7 or something like that. Pretty good.

Last edited:
Schedule
Bandys bye
Bunker Hill at Randleman
East Burke vs Draughn
Maiden at Watauga
West Lincoln at Foard

Standings
Bandys 2-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 2-0, 0-0
Maiden 1-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 1-1, 0-0
East Burke 0-2, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-2, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-2, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-2, 0-0
Bunker by 5
EB by 1
East by 7
Watauga by 7
Newton by 14
Hibriten by 30
WL by 14

Same with Newton got to get there an hour early for some old dude playing security guard has to dig through everybody's pocketbook and then wand them down

Same with Newton got to get there an hour early for some old dude playing security guard has to dig through everybody's pocketbook and then wand them down
unfortunately there are those who have a foreboding atmosphere, and I hate to tell you but you might be one of them, In case you’re wondering how I know, I’m one, too. Perhaps it’s some kind of aura, not sure.

Here’s a for instance, suppose you and GDevil, and Cheerduck, along with Maiden creek, are going to a game and are entering the gate, and people are being checked randomly. There’s a pretty good chance these guys I named aren’t going to be checked, but you, your ass is getting wanded. It’s a minor intrusion, get used to it.

unfortunately there are those who have a foreboding atmosphere, and I hate to tell you but you might be one of them, In case you’re wondering how I know, I’m one, too. Perhaps it’s some kind of aura, not sure.

Here’s a for instance, suppose you and GDevil, and Cheerduck, along with Maiden creek, are going to a game and are entering the gate, and people are being checked randomly. There’s a pretty good chance these guys I named aren’t going to be checked, but you, your ass is getting wanded. It’s a minor intrusion, get used to it.
Doesn't mean they don't have to get a ear full while causing me this intrusion.

• Haha
Reactions: Lincolnton
Schedule
Bandys bye
Bunker Hill at Randleman
East Burke vs Draughn
Maiden at Watauga
West Lincoln at Foard

Standings
Bandys 2-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 2-0, 0-0
Maiden 1-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 1-1, 0-0
East Burke 0-2, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-2, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-2, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-2, 0-0
Bunker
Draughn
Lincolnton Wolves
Watauga
East R.
Hibriten
Cowtown (Vale Campus)

Schedule
Bandys bye
Bunker Hill at Randleman
East Burke vs Draughn
Maiden at Watauga
West Lincoln at Foard

Standings
Bandys 2-0, 0-0
Bunker Hill 2-0, 0-0
Maiden 1-0, 0-0
West Lincoln 1-1, 0-0
East Burke 0-2, 0-0
Lincolnton 0-2, 0-0
Newton Conover 0-2, 0-0
West Caldwell 0-2, 0-0
Randleman
East Burke
Lincolnton
Watauga
East Rutherford
Hibriten
West Lincoln

@CHEERDUCK hey can you go into a little more detail on that Newton game Friday night. If Newton decided not to continue you shouldn't go down as a forfeit 2-0 score. I wouldn't think enough time had elapsed in the game to make it official.

@CHEERDUCK hey can you go into a little more detail on that Newton game Friday night. If Newton decided not to continue you shouldn't go down as a forfeit 2-0 score. I wouldn't think enough time had elapsed in the game to make it official.
The game is official and the score of 34-0 is the recorded final score. Apparently both sides felt the best option was to stop the game , at that point, and accept the outcome as it was. The game was ended one play into the 2nd quarter.

TEAMCONF WCONF LCONF %OVR WOVR LOVR %
BUNKER HILL 🐻 000.0%20100.0%
BANDYS ⚔️000.0%20100.0%
MAIDEN 🔱000.0%10100.0%
WEST LINCOLN000.0%1150.0%
LINCOLNTON000.0%020.0%
NEWTON000.0%020.0%
EAST BURKE000.0%020.0%
WEST CALDWELL000.0%020.0%

TEAMPFPAAPFAPAAVG DIFF
MAIDEN30030.00.030.0 🔱
BUNKER HILL833541.517.524.0
BANDYS672633.513.020.5
WEST LINCOLN662733.013.519.5
EAST BURKE7383.519.0-15.5
WEST CALDWELL337416.537.0-20.5
LINCOLNTON266913.034.5-21.5
NEWTON338516.542.5-26.0

The game is official and the score of 34-0 is the recorded final score. Apparently both sides felt the best option was to stop the game , at that point, and accept the outcome as it was. The game was ended one play into the 2nd quarter.
Okay one of the reasons I was wondering is some of the kids from Newton we're telling their parents, That the coaches said they had no say in it. And the Newton coaches were supposedly telling everybody they were mad that they didn't get this complete the game. So in a nutshell they were telling everybody they had no choice in the final decision that it was made for them. 🤷🏼‍♂️🤔

@Big Red RKO so did coach Wilson agree that the game should be called official cannot continue ?? You go ahead and quit and move on to next week ??

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT