Clinton vs Reidsville for the Ship

Who wins?

• Clinton

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lol y’all sure are laying on us thick, rightfully so I guess. One note about the offense what we ran most of the game wasn’t our base offense up until the last couple games we operated out of 3 wide sets and were decently balanced so I wouldn’t totally judge this offense by the last 2 games.

I guess the one thing that upset me more then the loss obviously was the fans that left the game early. If it wasn’t medical or work related no excuse. You support the team thru the wins and the losses kids worked they butts off to get to that game it’s not to much to ask for you to stay atleast watch our guys get their awards.

Back to Tampa i go bout to catch my 2nd flight of the day lol y’all have fun. Go Horses!!!!!

Lol y’all sure are laying on us thick, rightfully so I guess. One note about the offense what we ran most of the game wasn’t our base offense up until the last couple games we operated out of 3 wide sets and were decently balanced so I wouldn’t totally judge this offense by the last 2 games.

I guess the one thing that upset me more then the loss obviously was the fans that left the game early. If it wasn’t medical or work related no excuse. You support the team thru the wins and the losses kids worked they butts off to get to that game it’s not to much to ask for you to stay atleast watch our guys get their awards.

Back to Tampa i go bout to catch my 2nd flight of the day lol y’all have fun. Go Horses!!!!!

To be fair, I always try to beat traffic if i can win or lose.

Yea I was disappointed in those fans as well. We have lost as well in heartbreaking fashion and true fans stay til the end no matter the outcome. You seem like a cool dude bro. I could see me hanging with you at a game down the road .

Yea I was disappointed in those fans as well. We have lost as well in heartbreaking fashion and true fans stay til the end no matter the outcome. You seem like a cool dude bro. I could see me hanging with you at a game down the road .
You told me that this team was loaded and dangerous. Man where they I enjoyed the game.

Reactions: Rammer16

I was trying to find you at the game bro! Clinton fans came deep out there it was hard to see into the crowd,and Reidsville fan showed up deep also. Hate this time of the year since the season has to end.

It's incredible that a school can continue to field championship caliber teams year-after-year. Reidsville just seems to reload when the graduation losses seem impossible to replace.
Congratulations to Reidsville on the 23rd state title in 30 all-time championship game appearances. Since 2002, the Rams have made it to the final game 13 times and won 10. Amazing record.

Unsung heroes tonight: Reidsville's offensive line, which includes just one senior. QB Al Lee had plenty of time to throw and there were some huge holes for Jariel Cobb to run through for close to 150 yards against one tough defensive team.

It's incredible that a school can continue to field championship caliber teams year-after-year. Reidsville just seems to reload when the graduation losses seem impossible to replace.
Congratulations to Reidsville on the 23rd state title in 30 all-time championship game appearances. Since 2002, the Rams have made it to the final game 13 times and won 10. Amazing record.

Could be just as good next season

I have a whole deck to play. History says we beat you the next 3 times we play. 2025 we will be in the same classification with no way for Reidsville to dodge us. Gonna make it much easier to catch and pass you.

We don't win them all....we just win more than anyone else. Congrats on this season. Can't wait for August 2024.

Reidsville and Shelby both have a lot to look forward to in 2024

If we go back and add 30 years earlier say....1972....how many does that add to Reidsville's mark?

Couldn't make the trip today but Congrats to the Horses. Great season but probably their best chance of winning has evaporated. Talent won't be at that level again.

Good observation . We were scratching our heads and the unforced errors and penalties. A perfect storm. I’m not taking a single thing from
Reidsville, they were clearly the better team, the DarkHirses are better than that, honestly I think you could only see glimpses of that.
Just my opinion but… when Cory was on the Scotland coaching staff and they played Dudley (forget what year) in the Championship game, Dudley came out in the Wing-T and totally befuddled the Scot’s defense. In talking with the Scotland defensive coaches after the game they were in total shock and felt very unprepared as it never appeared on film the entire season. (Apparently Dudley practiced it all season long and called it the Scotland package) I think that stuck with Cory as a then defensive guy and he was trying to recreate what Dudley did to them….. just my opinion I could be wrong. I agree he should have got out of it sooner but, everyone has a plan till they get hit in the mouth.

I wanted to see y’all this week in this game . I think we all knew Clinton had nothing against this rams team. They are a good team but you have to be able to throw to win against this years rams team
We are a year away 24. We will be very good these next few years. We have two highly regarded freshmen coming up. One is a quarterback and the other is a rb. I’m actually trying to not get so excited but it’s hard when you know how good these players are. When Clinton lost their rb and top receiver it really changed things. Without him they just weren’t the same. They were much more dominant with him in the backfield and he was Blackwells top target.

We are a year away 24. We will be very good these next few years. We have two highly regarded freshmen coming up. One is a quarterback and the other is a rb. I’m actually trying to not get so excited but it’s hard when you know how good these players are. When Clinton lost their rb and top receiver it really changed things. Without him they just weren’t the same. They were much more dominant with him in the backfield and he was Blackwells top target.
no excuses though dagoob but you are correct, next year will be NE year in the East and you best start preparing to play Reidsville.

I have been saying this for years literally. It seems that any team east of CHarlotte has never heard of a forward pass. That one dimensional offense hurt Tarboro and Clinton, The 3a game I believe 71st was the better team just to be able to keep the game as close as it was, But their overly conservative and outdated offensive scheme, IMO, was the difference.
Whole mule, Clinton threw the ball a whole lot this year, there were just factors that wasn’t in the game plan. Ask our 15 opponents

I thought Clinton’s fans showed tremendous support. It been a long day for most beginning with a early morning Christmas parade Because of GoFan they know exactly how many fans showed up for the game and I would dare say Clinton had the largest crowd of any of the 4 classifications, at least that what I heard through the media, but I’m not going to quibble I’ve some leaving early. The coaches themselves some of community support at the game as outstanding
Whst I was disappointed in was the associations handling of the game. Not opening the gates until an hour before game time. Only access to toilets outside the gate was two pots Johns that I savand used. I just think they do a sorry job of the playoffs to many do’s and don’t, over controlling the event. I know all about public safety but when it comes to this association it’s ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$

Who scheduled Disney on Ice at PNC arena at the same time as the game at Carter-Finley? Nightmare traffic. Some fans may miss the opening kickoff.
The traffic situation was abysmal. Following the directions from Wade avenue put me in a dead standstill 30 minutes before the game. They were putting up cones blocking and discouraging parking at pnc arena. After hardly moving for 30 minutes we turned into pnc arena parking despite security saying it would be $40 to park there. Never saw anyone taking up money so we parked closest to the stadium and walked over just in time to miss the first 5 plays. How the heck they handle the crowd for a Wolfpack game I will never understand. Must have underestimated the crowd.

I thought Clinton’s fans showed tremendous support. It been a long day for most beginning with a early morning Christmas parade Because of GoFan they know exactly how many fans showed up for the game and I would dare say Clinton had the largest crowd of any of the 4 classifications, at least that what I heard through the media, but I’m not going to quibble I’ve some leaving early. The coaches themselves some of community support at the game as outstanding
Whst I was disappointed in was the associations handling of the game. Not opening the gates until an hour before game time. Only access to toilets outside the gate was two pots Johns that I savand used. I just think they do a sorry job of the playoffs to many do’s and don’t, over controlling the event. I know all about public safety but when it comes to this association it’s ALL ABOUT THE $$$$$$$$$$$$
I don't know it was possible to schedule 2 championship games at 3 and 7 while also having Disney on Ice at the exact same two times. We couldn't get out nor could Weddington fans get in our lot. Imagine it was the same for you guy. I've said it a million times, host the games at places like Elon, UNCC, Simeon Stadium, Campbell. You guys brought a huge crowd. Congratulations on a great year.

No not really, a lot of penalties and unforced errors on Clinton
Penalties:
Clinton 12 for 87 yards
Reidsville 10 for 57 (2 TDs called back)

Only turnover was the mishandled kickoff return that Reidsville didn't take advantage of.

Reidsville turned the ball over on downs three times in the red zone:
2nd quarter at the 8
3rd quarter at the 9
4th quarter at the 11

Actually a fourth time when they reached the 10 in the final minute before going into victory formation.

That's a credit to the Clinton defense for stopping the Rams short of the end zone three times.

Really? Well it wasn’t, go back to math class. Winning isn’t good enough for you.You better thank goodness your team didn’t have that attitude or it may have gone the other way
Umm… you’re wrong. The players know they kept getting robbed of stripped balls that would be TDs and 2 other Tds called back on bogus holding calls. The players truly believe and believed during the game they were 40 points better. Trust me on that. The game was not close. Don’t even act like it was. Never once after kick off did you even think they had a chance. Told you all week y’all wouldn’t stop the pass and if you did con would run all over you. You on the other hand said y’all can run or pass. Whichever one the defense allowed . Defense gave you nothing. Y’all had to earn every yard. I’d believe that people on here would say I know the rams better than you do the dark horses.

Really? Well it wasn’t, go back to math class. Winning isn’t good enough for you.You better thank goodness your team didn’t have that attitude or it may have gone the other way
Winning is good enough. I’m just glad those garbage refs didn’t lose us the game. 1 call went against Clinton. No call on PI. But literally 4tds were taken off the board from Reidsville. 2 fumbles and 2 runs By Cobb. Not to mention the offsides they kept calling on Reidsville but refused to call it on big boy 10 for Clinton. Also what about the clear PI on last drive of the half by Clinton in the endzone. Those calls or no call kept Clinton within 20 whole game. Whoever don’t see that is blind

Reactions: rock8687
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT