Clinton vs Reidsville for the Ship

Who wins?

• Clinton

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Congratulations to Reidsville for the big 2A State Championship win. Hats off to Clinton for a good run they had.

Reactions: Rammer16
Really after watching all 3 championships games the East teams need to be more balanced on offense… just running the ball isn’t going to win big games .. sometimes maybe but most of the times no
I have been saying this for years literally. It seems that any team east of CHarlotte has never heard of a forward pass. That one dimensional offense hurt Tarboro and Clinton, The 3a game I believe 71st was the better team just to be able to keep the game as close as it was, But their overly conservative and outdated offensive scheme, IMO, was the difference.

Coach Johnson is a very young coach and this was his first experience in a SC game. Coach Teague is a bit older and has worked under his father. Battle is over 50 and had a lifetime under Jack. I have never met Coach Johnson but he may have over thought this one, I don’t know. He is only going to get better with experience. (Not to say he isn’t good now, but experience is the master teacher)

Posters, please quit with the “score could have been” mess. There is a scoreboard just for that purpose. It never lies.

Good season WIZ but don’t ever try to make it out like this team could throw the ball. They got 1Good play off it. Should be able to rematch it next year same time

Clinton clearly played to keep the game close. Riedsville was more athletic and better coached. Nothing wrong with running your offense in a phone booth but you can’t have pre snap and delay the game penalties. Defense for Clinton adjusted fairly well after 1Q but seemed not to know how to adjust to Riedsville’s defensive changes.

For y’all Westies watching Clinton for the first time, this isn’t the offense they’ve been running all year. Bizarre. They did get more conservative after the Maryland commit broke his ankle, but nothing like this.
Good observation . We were scratching our heads and the unforced errors and penalties. A perfect storm. I’m not taking a single thing from
Reidsville, they were clearly the better team, the DarkHirses are better than that, honestly I think you could only see glimpses of that.

Good season WIZ but don’t ever try to make it out like this team could throw the ball. They got 1Good play off it. Should be able to rematch it next year same time
Look for Northeastern to be the favorite in the east heading into next season. We will be loaded and return a lot. I keep seeing western posters saying the eastern teams are to one dimensional and are run heavy. Northeastern is an exception and I’d go as far as say that we throw the ball more than most western teams We have a rising sophomore qb who is going to be a star and all of us are excited about the next 3 years.

Reactions: dogs79 and FACT24
Not quite....you left some words out.

Broadcast crew said Reidsville was the self proclaimed football capital. The other commentator laughed when he said it. It was epic and hilarious!!! But true.
I done told you for years. You will never catch the rams. Only thing you ever said is we can’t win a unified title. Well you wrong so now you just go hide because you have no cards left to play

Reactions: kingbluedevil
Damn 24, ease up on my guys 😂. Old Dogg and I both called this one, we saw it coming. Reidsville is just better than most even in down years.
I wanted to see y’all this week in this game . I think we all knew Clinton had nothing against this rams team. They are a good team but you have to be able to throw to win against this years rams team

I wanted to see y’all this week in this game . I think we all knew Clinton had nothing against this rams team. They are a good team but you have to be able to throw to win against this years rams team
Definitely didn't have to throw to beat last years Rams. Lol

IMO this is a very different game if McLauren plays. But to be honest I was disappointed with all the penalties from Clinton. They played like they had never been there before or maybe just sub par coaching.

Reactions: FACT24
Clinton is reminding me of Salisbury a few years ago cant play dead on offense and cant stop a pass to save their lives.....and the defense everyone has bragged about is just decent....not great....

This offense is an absolute joke,,, How in gods name did they beat the rest of you Eastern teams....

Of course Reidsville is good but come on..... this is embarrassing...
Helga gonna dance on tables tonight!

I done told you for years. You will never catch the rams. Only thing you ever said is we can’t win a unified title. Well you wrong so now you just go hide because you have no cards left to play
I have a whole deck to play. History says we beat you the next 3 times we play. 2025 we will be in the same classification with no way for Reidsville to dodge us. Gonna make it much easier to catch and pass you.

We don't win them all....we just win more than anyone else. Congrats on this season. Can't wait for August 2024.

I have a whole deck to play. History says we beat you the next 3 times we play. 2025 we will be in the same classification with no way for Reidsville to dodge us. Gonna make it much easier to catch and pass you.

We don't win them all....we just win more than anyone else. Congrats on this season. Can't wait for August 2024.
Actually you don’t win more than anyone else. Stop lying 🤥

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT