Clinton vs Reidsville for the Ship

Who wins?

• Clinton

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It was 7-7 at halftime and Reidsville took 2nd half kickoff into field goal range and then the big turning point came with the blocked kick. ED aded a field goal to go up 17-7 but Reidsville came back on the Lee TD pass to McCain to make it 17-14. ED then scored on the Brown to Kennedy pass to go up 24-14. Neal returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD to set the final margin at 24-21 with 2:03 left. Rams recovered the onsides kick but the ball only went 9.5 yards before being touched. ED then ran out the clock.
Them there are the facts ... it was a close game all the way. Total yards: Reidsville 291, ED 289.
Also, Gaby ran the ball 37 times for 186 yards -- what an amazing workhorse performance.

You're correct on the score. It was 17-7 ED after three and then 24-14 when Reidsville scored on a kick return with around two minutes remaining.

East Duplin also "fumbled" the ball in the redzone just before the half. A would be score would have made it 14-0 ED.

As I said, there are things that happened, breaks that went against both teams. The feeling from inside the stadium was that ED was in control for a majority of the game, dominating the LOS. You guys were AWFULLY humble after the game because you didn't think there was any chance ED was gonna show up and pound your ass like they did. You'd think a lesson would have been learned and you wouldn't be overlooking the Darkhorses, but here we are.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're correct on the score. It was 17-7 ED after three and then 24-14 when Reidsville scored on a kick return with around two minutes remaining.

East Duplin also "fumbled" the ball in the redzone just before the half. A would be score would have made it 14-0 ED. The fumble came on a 3rd-and-9 play from the 19, Hall picked up the first down before fumbling and Reidsville took over with 2:43 left in the half. Reidsville then drove the length of the field and scored on the last play of the half.
As I said, there are things that happened, breaks that went against both teams. The feeling from inside the stadium was that ED was in control for a majority of the game, dominating the LOS. You guys were AWFULLY humble after the game because you didn't think there was any chance ED was gonna show up and pound your ass like they did. You'd think a lesson would have been learned and you wouldn't be overlooking the Darkhorses, but here we are.

I cannot pull for the Sampson County Correctional Facility so I hope you get to come back next week and rub this in all our faces, but I fear that will not be the case.
Just to set the record straight because this rehash has nothing to do with this year's Reidsville-Clinton game ... here are the scoring plays from last December (I'm going by the official stats, not memory):
7:58 first quarter - Gaby 1 yard run (Bonilla kick) ED 7-0
0:00 second quarter
- Neal 1 yard pass from Lee (Dejong kick), tied 7-7
9:19 third quarter
- Moore 82-yard blocked field goal return (Bonilla kick), ED 14-7
5:15 third quarter -
Bonilla 26-yard field goal, ED 17-7
7:25 fourth quarter -
McCain 40-yard pass from Lee (Dejong kick), ED 17-14
2:16 fourth quarter -
Kennedy 5-yard pass from Brown (Bonilla kick), ED 24-14
2:03 fourth quarter -
Neal 83-yard kickoff return (Dejong kick), ED 24-21

We really don't care about last year's title game other than it could have easily been there instead of ED. This year's Clinton team is much better and much more prepared

I do agree way too much discussion on that. It’s surprising we haven’t played since 1998

Actually, you imagined something. I imagine they will play in theee
I just thought about something... Harrison and Neal are about to be 0-3 in State Championships. East Duplin, Farmville Central, and soon to be Clinton!
Actually, you imagined something. I imagine they will play in three, and win two. It also obvious, you don't know much about basketball either.

East Duplin also "fumbled" the ball in the redzone just before the half. A would be score would have made it 14-0 ED.

I cannot pull for the Sampson County Correctional Facility so I hope you get to come back next week and rub this in all our faces, but I fear that will not be the case.
Likewise will never in life pull for ed

Reactions: Wizard of the East
@oldway55 can you please teach @EDPanther99 how to be a decent person. Enough is enough man. @EDPanther99 you really should stop saying the whole correctional facility and prison stuff. Not only are you being disrespectful to our high school kids and school but you being a poster representing East Duplin you are making your own team and school look bad. Most of all though your making yourself look very bad and ignorant. I am sure a lot of us would agree how your sounding. There is a word for it but I am not going to say that one. Anyway I am sure if your Coaches actually know you they would ask you to stop saying that mess. I don't care how much our posters get on your nerves. Your a grown man I think, hard to tell with someone saying stuff like that about high school kids. Honestly though how would you like people saying comments like that about your kids or team? I doubt you would like it. From one grown man with a kid on the team at Clinton to another grown man I am going to ask you to start being a little more respectful towards my kid and his team. We do appreciate your comment though saying they shouldn't over look the Dark Horses cause your right they shouldn't. They over looked a very good ED team and see where that got them. The Dark Horses are just as strong if not stronger than the ED team they faced last year. Anyway I am not going to argue with you about my post. You don't owe me a thing but put yourself in my shoes and respect why I am asking you to have more respect for yourself, your team and our kids and team. Have a good day!

Still didn’t talk trash lol I dont know yet about next week. This run I watch film then make predictions. Been deadly accurate so far even when rams were underdogs. I like our chances as does Clinton fans. Rams will be underdogs with Clinton being ranked 1 all year
Cal Preps make Reidsville 7 seven-point favorite at neutral site.
Likewise will never in life pull for ed
i pulled for them last year to finally win a championship after 100 years but never again!

@oldway55 can you please teach @EDPanther99 how to be a decent person. Enough is enough man. @EDPanther99 you really should stop saying the whole correctional facility and prison stuff. Not only are you being disrespectful to our high school kids and school but you being a poster representing East Duplin you are making your own team and school look bad. Most of all though your making yourself look very bad and ignorant. I am sure a lot of us would agree how your sounding. There is a word for it but I am not going to say that one. Anyway I am sure if your Coaches actually know you they would ask you to stop saying that mess. I don't care how much our posters get on your nerves. Your a grown man I think, hard to tell with someone saying stuff like that about high school kids. Honestly though how would you like people saying comments like that about your kids or team? I doubt you would like it. From one grown man with a kid on the team at Clinton to another grown man I am going to ask you to start being a little more respectful towards my kid and his team. We do appreciate your comment though saying they shouldn't over look the Dark Horses cause your right they shouldn't. They over looked a very good ED team and see where that got them. The Dark Horses are just as strong if not stronger than the ED team they faced last year. Anyway I am not going to argue with you about my post. You don't owe me a thing but put yourself in my shoes and respect why I am asking you to have more respect for yourself, your team and our kids and team. Have a good day!
Man I don't even know who 99 is and that's the truth. I really don't know who any of the ED posters are other than one and he's never on here. As for Battle I suspect he thinks all of this is stupid that's just how he is. I understand what you are saying because back a while I had a son out there too and there was lots of things said that really bothered me too by other fan bases and even some of our own. So I understand where you coming from but no matter what I think or don't think I can't tell a grown man what to say or do and just not going to. And yes sometimes Wiz bragging probably gets under my skin but he's been doing the same thing since the internet was invented and that's just him. I can post stupid things myself and probably some don't like it either. This was a really hard post for me and don't know if I said exactly what I meant to but I hope Clinton wins Saturday and I mean that. Now next year I hope ED rolls Clinton. Good luck

Man I don't even know who 99 is and that's the truth. I really don't know who any of the ED posters are other than one and he's never on here. As for Battle I suspect he thinks all of this is stupid that's just how he is. I understand what you are saying because back a while I had a son out there too and there was lots of things said that really bothered me too by other fan bases and even some of our own. So I understand where you coming from but no matter what I think or don't think I can't tell a grown man what to say or do and just not going to. And yes sometimes Wiz bragging probably gets under my skin but he's been doing the same thing since the internet was invented and that's just him. I can post stupid things myself and probably some don't like it either. This was a really hard post for me and don't know if I said exactly what I meant to but I hope Clinton wins Saturday and I mean that. Now next year I hope ED rolls Clinton. Good luck
Yeah man I didn't mean it as for you to tell him. I meant it as you have always been a respectful poster from what I can tell and he could use some pointers from you. Calling a high school team a correctional facility or even speaking about a kids football team referring to prison is just going too far. I admit all teams have some posters that may take it a little too far. I only mentioned you because you are a ED poster too and have always been decent. I appreciate your compliment about my son in other post. I was going to respond and had to take care of something so just now getting back to it. You will probably see me at some ED games next year. I have mentioned before I have ties there in Beulaville also. I know a young man who will be on the JV team for ED this coming year and his family has been very supportive of my son and actually been to a lot of Clinton games this year so I plan to do the same in return next year.

Yeah man I didn't mean it as for you to tell him. I meant it as you have always been a respectful poster from what I can tell and he could use some pointers from you. Calling a high school team a correctional facility or even speaking about a kids football team referring to prison is just going too far. I admit all teams have some posters that may take it a little too far. I only mentioned you because you are a ED poster too and have always been decent. I appreciate your compliment about my son in other post. I was going to respond and had to take care of something so just now getting back to it. You will probably see me at some ED games next year. I have mentioned before I have ties there in Beulaville also. I know a young man who will be on the JV team for ED this coming year and his family has been very supportive of my son and actually been to a lot of Clinton games this year so I plan to do the same in return next year.
Like I said I understand. If that kid is coming in from middle school he's coming in with a really good group. Just telling the truth about your son . Thanks and maybe I will see you sometime maybe even Saturday

Like I said I understand. If that kid is coming in from middle school he's coming in with a really good group. Just telling the truth about your son . Thanks and maybe I will see you sometime maybe even Saturday
I hear it was a very good middle school team. I unfortunately couldn't make it to any of the middle school games.

Reactions: oldway55
I hear it was a very good middle school team. I unfortunately couldn't make it to any of the middle school games.
Both middle schools were loaded with talent. Best we may have ever had. Don't know if it shows on JV because I would expect several are going straight to variety. But I won't hijacked this tread anymore more about that. Good luck again Saturday.

Lmao… if you don’t like what I have to say, place me on ignore. Otherwise, get bent because the shit I’ve taken from Clinton fans this year has been far worse than ANYTHING I’ve said in kind.

NOTHING I’ve said has been directed towards any of your kids. It’s ALL been for the boastful braggadocios asshats that have run their mouth ALL YEAR. If you have an issue, clean up your own house.

In fact, there’s a saying about glass houses.

Last edited:
Lmao… if you don’t like what I have to say, place me on ignore. Otherwise, get bent because the shit I’ve taken from Clinton fans this year has been far worse that ANYTHING I’ve said in kind.

NOTHING I’ve said has been directed towards any of your kids. It’s ALL been for the boastful braggadocios asshats that have run their mouth ALL YEAR. If you have an issue, clean up your own house.

Alright man. You just keep doing what you do. I tried to help. I probably shouldn’t have said anything cause knew what I said was wasting my time. Trust me there is nothing in my house that needs cleaning up. I have been respectful all year. Everyone can see what I was talking about though. You won’t hear anything else out of me and it won’t be because your on ignore. I am not worried about these forums anymore after Saturday either way. Have a good one. Like I said keep being you. I won’t lose any sleep over it. I’m sure you won’t either.

Reactions: PackHorses
Alright man. You just keep doing what you do. I tried to help. I probably shouldn’t have said anything cause knew what I said was wasting my time. Trust me there is nothing in my house that needs cleaning up. I have been respectful all year. Everyone can see what I was talking about though. You won’t hear anything else out of me and it won’t be because your on ignore. I am not worried about these forums anymore after Saturday either way. Have a good one. Like I said keep being you. I won’t lose any sleep over it. I’m sure you won’t either.

Help me? No you didn’t try to help me. You tried to make this about something it’s not. You tried to bring kids into a FAN FORUM. And it would be one thing if I was talking shit about the kids (which I would never do) but I wasn’t. I was simply trying to get under the skin of the FANS reading this forum. If you take ANYTHING away from this forum and let it affect your daily life, that’s a you problem. So spare me the holier than thou attitude and stop making this about something it’s not.

Good luck next week. You’re gonna need it.

Well back to football. Does anyone remember what the projection was last year? How many points Reidsville was picked to win by? I believe Reidsville was favored to beat East Duplin in the projections also but that didn’t work out very well. I was happy to see East Duplin win it. Sorry West teams I am an Eastern NC guy so I will always cheer for the East.

A quick review of the stats shows Clinton to be more balanced than last years ED team. However, I wonder if Clinton runs Williams and plays ball control to dominate time of possession as ED did last year. (Clinton has at least two 1000 yard rushers not named Williams). To this point, other than last week, Williams has not been the rushing focal point. ED limited Reidsville to under the 17 minutes of possession and then, somehow,
neutralized Reidsville’s speed and air attack.

Don't be nice f--k that mf he just a hater but I wished ed would have stayed longer so we could have put them in the dirt as well.

Last edited:
A quick review of the stats shows Clinton to be more balanced than last years ED team. However, I wonder if Clinton runs Williams and plays ball control to dominate time of possession as ED did last year. (Clinton has at least two 1000 yard rushers not named Williams). To this point, other than last week, Williams has not been the rushing focal point. ED limited Reidsville to under the 17 minutes of possession and then, somehow,
neutralized Reidsville’s speed and air attack.
Reidsville loses the time of possession nearly every game. Because when the offense gets the ball they waste very little time getting in the end zone.

Reactions: Rammer16
Help me? No you didn’t try to help me. You tried to make this about something it’s not. You tried to bring kids into a FAN FORUM. And it would be one thing if I was talking shit about the kids (which I would never do) but I wasn’t. I was simply trying to get under the skin of the FANS reading this forum. If you take ANYTHING away from this forum and let it affect your daily life, that’s a you problem. So spare me the holier than thou attitude and stop making this about something it’s not.

Good luck next week. You’re gonna need it.
Nah yall needed it maybe u would be playing saturday

Well back to football. Does anyone remember what the projection was last year? How many points Reidsville was picked to win by? I believe Reidsville was favored to beat East Duplin in the projections also but that didn’t work out very well. I was happy to see East Duplin win it. Sorry West teams I am an Eastern NC guy so I will always cheer for the East.
I will to except for ed. I'm gonna always go west when it comes to them

Last edited:
Lmao… if you don’t like what I have to say, place me on ignore. Otherwise, get bent because the shit I’ve taken from Clinton fans this year has been far worse than ANYTHING I’ve said in kind.

Are you coming to sit with Reidsville Saturday lol

• Haha
Reactions: Rammer16
As you should.

Me and Run it Up Dogs watched Clinton-NE game and i will say this Clinton will have to play a lot better than they did Friday night, looked like they were just going through the motions. If Clinton plays the same way Reidsville wins by at least 3 tds.

Reactions: DogsRunItUp and sam
Well no crow for me, it was chori pollo. I told you it would last four quarters.

I said to those around me, will battle shock the world and throw it on fourth and goal?

Not blaming the refs for the loss but I do wish they had less say in this game. Flags were the only thing to stop duplin in the first half. Flags seemed to hinder everything the rams did in the second. I may have been the only person in the stadium who felt they got the fumble call and the pass interference call right. I hated the pass interference call , but after the replay, you are going to get that call every time in high school.

At times the game just felt like it was destiny, for every setback, duplin caught a break.

The Rams had a great season and lost to a better team today. Two months ago I was telling a friend the next game I would see is the third round of the playoffs. He said, you may not see them play again this year. The rams proved both of us wrong.

So I guess I will put the cold gear away again and anxiously await Clinton vs Reidsville at Carter-Finley next year.
Read through last year’s championship game thread and look what I found. Pay close attention to the last sentence from ReidsvilleRam90.

Read through last year’s championship game thread and look what I found. Pay close attention to the last sentence from ReidsvilleRam90.

He's usually spot on. I remember him being pretty worried about East Duplin, of course he had seen them in person as well.

I watched the NE game. Credit to Clinton D. 55 is a dude. 10 finds a hole and falls forward for 5. Question for NE posters....how many unforced errors did you guys have

I paid even closer attention to the rest of the post above his prediction. A passionate fan who I'm sure has his own biases, but still able to take a rational and balanced view as to why his team lost. . If he has a "face made for radio" like me, you could do worse than having him and the Clinton former coach previewing and calling the game on Saturday.
For me, I'm just pulling for both teams to finish their season with a "perfect" game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT