Who wins?

• Clinton

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • Reidsville

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
right-dr-evil.gif

From what I saw from the Elizabeth City game, Amarais Williams took the lead role in the Clinton rushing game. I don't think he's been the featured back all season and his recruitment is as a 6-foot-3, 265-pound defensive end. I'm wondering if he played both ways last night? Wiz? Anybody?
And by the way, congrats to Elizabeth City for being the only team to hold Clinton to under 40 points all season.
No he didn’t play both ways last night but he very well can. He’ll play where and when he’s needed

Reactions: Maiden Creek
From what I saw from the Elizabeth City game, Amarais Williams took the lead role in the Clinton rushing game. I don't think he's been the featured back all season and his recruitment is as a 6-foot-3, 265-pound defensive end. I'm wondering if he played both ways last night? Wiz? Anybody?
And by the way, congrats to Elizabeth City for being the only team to hold Clinton to under 40 points all season.
And along with WRH scored 22 on Clinton defense.

All nonsense aside, Im looking forward to 0 for the Rams and 10 for the Horses, hopefully matchup and hit each other at full speed... thats two grown men right there
You’re right about that. Sometimes I wonder when they call Kendre for a penalty if it’s for child abuse.
Hopefully that don’t offend anyone.

That statement, like do many comparisons, is unknown and unknowable.
Clinton had big leadin halftime the ED game but that stud back they had brought them back in the 2nd half. Game went into OT ED went first score and made kick extra point. Clinton scored but went for 2 and for the win and extra point pass was tipped before open receiver could get to it in the endzone of that Clinton group are back with 22 seniors

Have you faced a dominate passing team who also rushes for 180 a game with a D1 running back ? Didn’t thinks so
Oh so you think those superlatives give the hordes no chance
This game will be very very ciach; I think it may come down to how good is Reidsvkees defense; I know how good the DarkHirses can defend

What went wrong is you got your ass handed to you physically and got beat by a surperior team led by a group of hardened seniors. ED offensive line dominated for much of that game and the Defense layed the lumber on those albeit younger receivers and QB. You were actually very fortunate (great play) to get the 2nd quarter strip fumble that kept the game close. Also, putting Gaby in wildcat was a nice twist you were not ready for. Finally, the 11 am start didn't help you guys as well. Country boys get up early! Good luck against Clinton however it will not be a walk in the park. Can't wait to see it.
Reidsvilke better be prepared to play smash out physical football as ED used on the Rams

I understand Reidsville is star studded but Clinton has more than a couple future college players aswell. I know Josiah McLaurin and Amaris Williams dominate the attention with their offers but Alex Evans #7 has collected a good amount of offers himself solid DB that isn’t afraid to lay some wood had several big hits on Northeasterns star RB. #3 Jakarrion Kenan recruitment is going to pick up a lot this winter/spring aswell. And like wiz said we do have a solid pass rush Josiah Dwyer will be playing at a power 5 school in 2 years aswell.

I understand Reidsville is star studded but Clinton has more than a couple future college players aswell. I know Josiah McLaurin and Amaris Williams dominate the attention with their offers but Alex Evans #7 has collected a good amount of offers himself solid DB that isn’t afraid to lay some wood had several big hits on Northeasterns star RB. #3 Jakarrion Kenan recruitment is going to pick up a lot this winter/spring aswell. And like wiz said we do have a solid pass rush Josiah Dwyer will be playing at a power 5 school in 2 years aswell.
When y’all say pass rush. Who have y’all played that passes dominantly to really test that theory? We pass so much that it wears down the Dline and even the secondary

There is a lot of revisionist history being passed around this thread.

I don’t know why we’re talking about last year but since those western boys seem hell bent on it, I’ll indulge.

There were things that happened in that game that went against both teams. CHAMPIONSHIP teams overcome those things. The Panthers DOMINATED the LOS on both sides of the ball. Rushing for almost 300 yards. The score was 24-7 before a couple of late touchdowns tightened things up and raised every heart rate in Beulaville.

I’m not going to debate this years Clinton team vs last years East Duplin team. That’s pointless. I really really don’t want to pull for Clinton because some of their fans are unbearable for various reasons. But if anyone on this forum thinks Reidsville is going to beat Clinton by 21 points, I suggest you lay the crack pipe down because that’s not gonna happen. IF this Reidsville team is as good as some of y’all believe they are, this will be a great game that Clinton will likely win. If they’re not that good, Clinton will beat them like a dog.

Good luck to both teams. It’s hard to win a championship.

Reactions: sam
So many misspelled words I can’t keep up
Go be a colle professor , those board types are always a nusience
When y’all say pass rush. Who have y’all played that passes dominantly to really test that theory? We pass so much that it wears down the Dline and even the secondary
uh what do you want me to say, this DarkHorse defense doesn’t have a chance? And how many possessions do you anticipate the Rams will have
I can assure you this, the Rams haven’t played anyone like the DarkHorses, the ones that have lost securely, but you’re still one of those people think no one plays good football down East. This will BE a very lhysical team contest

Clinton has been ranked No. 1 in 2A all season for a reason ... no a lot of reasons. Reidsville will have to bring A game to pull this one out. The Rams had the A game against Shelby so maybe they can keep it up.

There is a lot of revisionist history being passed around this thread.

I don’t know why we’re talking about last year but since those western boys seem hell bent on it, I’ll indulge.

There were things that happened in that game that went against both teams. CHAMPIONSHIP teams overcome those things. The Panthers DOMINATED the LOS on both sides of the ball. Rushing for almost 300 yards. The score was 24-7 before a couple of late touchdowns tightened things up and raised every heart rate in Beulaville.

I’m not going to debate this years Clinton team vs last years East Duplin team. That’s pointless. I really really don’t want to pull for Clinton because some of their fans are unbearable for various reasons. But if anyone on this forum thinks Reidsville is going to beat Clinton by 21 points, I suggest you lay the crack pipe down because that’s not gonna happen. IF this Reidsville team is as good as some of y’all believe they are, this will be a great game that Clinton will likely win. If they’re not that good, Clinton will beat them like a dog.

Good luck to both teams. It’s hard to win a championship.
Tell the facts right. The score was never 24-7.

Reactions: tarheel fan1
Go be a colle professor , those board types are always a nusience

uh what do you want me to say, this DarkHorse defense doesn’t have a chance? And how many possessions do you anticipate the Rams will have
I can assure you this, the Rams haven’t played anyone like the DarkHorses, the ones that have lost securely, but you’re still one of those people think no one plays good football down East. This will BE a very lhysical team contest
I just asked a simple question but you won’t answer. What team have you played that you was able to test the pass rush against? Not that hard of a question

Reidsville by 21 or more I just think they a little bit better both have great coaches so they even there but I just think Reidsville have a better team but that's why we play the game ....but I want the east to 🏆 ✌️
21 points is not a “little bit better” Jdogg

Interesting to note that this is the only one of the four championships that has No. 1 East seed playing No. 1 West seed.
The others have:
4A - 1 West Weddington vs. 3 East Hoggard
3A - 2 West Hickory vs. 2 East Seventy-First
1A - 2 West Mt. Airy vs. 1 East Tarboro

I’m going off memory so I may be mistaken but it was very close to that and Reidsville was never in the game until late. Anyone who says otherwise is just being dishonest.
It was 7-7 at halftime and Reidsville took 2nd half kickoff into field goal range and then the big turning point came with the blocked kick. ED aded a field goal to go up 17-7 but Reidsville came back on the Lee TD pass to McCain to make it 17-14. ED then scored on the Brown to Kennedy pass to go up 24-14. Neal returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD to set the final margin at 24-21 with 2:03 left. Rams recovered the onsides kick but the ball only went 9.5 yards before being touched. ED then ran out the clock.
Them there are the facts ... it was a close game all the way. Total yards: Reidsville 291, ED 289.
Also, Gaby ran the ball 37 times for 186 yards -- what an amazing workhorse performance.

Last edited:

No, realistically they choked, you all barely won and you had to PASS the ball near the goal line to do it.

Great game plan but don't act like you blew them out.
I didn't say we blew them out. I said we physically dominated them. Albeit we had a ton of seniors and they had a lot of underclassmen in prominent roles. However, any objective football fan watches that game and they will say ED ran the ball down their throat. 59/291/4.9. We only attempted 2 passes and won. That is the exact definition of physically dominating the line of scrimmage.

Clinton will pound the ball down Reidsville's throat and limit their possessions by burning the clock. I don't think Clinton can stop Reidsville's pass game. A turnover by either side will determine the game. It's going to be a good one. BTW I talk a little crap every now and then but it's all in fun. I know both communities are excited!

Y’all were lucky on blocked fg , we literally handed them the ball and still lost by 3. So no Reidsville was not dominated
Yes, blocked field goal return for TD was huge shift in momentum. However, you conveniently forget ED comes out and goes right down the field to start the game with no resistance. Then shuts down Reidsville, followed by another dominating drive that ended on the 3 yard line strip fumble. We were going in to be up 14-0. That was another huge shift which left us tied 7-7 at half after having pretty much dominated play. Last post on subject as it bothers me how you you West boys cling to the almighty spread and your perceived dominace when it is a much riskier system. Clinton will dominate you physically again.

It was 7-7 at halftime and Reidsville took 2nd half kickoff into field goal range and then the big turning point came with the blocked kick. ED aded a field goal to go up 17-7 but Reidsville came back on the Lee TD pass to McCain to make it 17-14. ED then scored on the Brown to Kennedy pass to go up 24-14. Neal returned the ensuing kickoff for a TD to set the final margin at 24-21 with 2:03 left. Rams recovered the onsides kick but the ball only went 9.5 yards before being touched. ED then ran out the clock.
Them there are the facts ... it was a close game all the way. Total yards: Reidsville 291, ED 289.
Also, Gaby ran the ball 37 times for 186 yards -- what an amazing workhorse performance.
This guy is a moron. He is clueless . Saying Reidsville was never in the game. Lol what a joke

Yes, blocked field goal return for TD was huge shift in momentum. However, you conveniently forget ED comes out and goes right down the field to start the game with no resistance. Then shuts down Reidsville, followed by another dominating drive that ended on the 3 yard line strip fumble. We were going in to be up 14-0. That was another huge shift which left us tied 7-7 at half after having pretty much dominated play. Last post on subject as it bothers me how you you West boys cling to the almighty spread and your perceived dominace when it is a much riskier system. Clinton will dominate you physically again.
Won’t happen

Reactions: Wizard of the East
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT