ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Ledford Sept 24(revised)

Lol i remember a lost to Central Cabarrus a couple seasons ago similar to last night a game we were in but just couldnt finish late in the 4th. Believe we were written off called a "average" team afterwards. We know what that team went on to accomplish. Like i said 1 loss doesnt define your season. 😴😴😴😴😴 fine with playing the underdog whats the definition of a Darkhorse anyway.

Very similar game 34,; we led Central Cabarass (with their Tennessee WE recruit) we led the whole game until late in the 4thk qtr up 8-0, gave up 19 unanswered points to lose the game. What I remember about that game most was how many times we were penalized
The penalization bug hit the Horses again last night and they must clean that up. Unnecessary stuff, time management. This can easily be corrected..I heard our center got injured. EVERY offensive play starts with the center.
In 2019 the sole loss to Central Combatas didn’t stall the DarkHorses. They went on to later play in the eastern championship game!😀😀

😀😀

Last edited:
Yes thats correct Clinton did have success running early Center gets hurt replacement had trouble with some snaps that threw alot of the timing off which led to dome broken plays and procedure penalties. I will give credit where credit is due Ledford did a good job adjusting to the run aswell.......but its over and done with on to Midway

Not the same team but Ledford has been very solid the last 8-10 years and was in the 2AA semis a few seasons ago. They have solid kids, good facilites and community support.
2 or 3 seasons ago they were playing for a 2AA eastern championship lost to North Davidson. Solid program. But apparently some teams losses are good while others are bad lol yeah try and find the logic in that.

You guys would say Clinton losing to Harrells Christian would be a great loss with a lot to learn from it but I guess that would would be attributed to a Clinton guy coaching HCA.

Clinton lost in first round in the spring, Ledford didnt qualify. Not exactly a titanic matchup based on those results. Again, paint it with as big of a brush as you wish. Clinton probably wont lose again in the regular season though.

I also am not convinced of a deep run from West Craven. Anything is possible but I dont know how much confidence I would put in a team that lost to a very, very average Croatan team.

Last edited:
I'm with Fence on Ledford game. I've asked a couple of times does anyone know why would the rating's has Clinton so low. No responses. I'm sure Clinton losing their center had a lot to do with the loss but I thought the dark horses would dominate line of scrimmage.

Reactions: UNC91
Depends on rankings you are using. Simmons and Maxpreps both factor in prior year results for their initial week 1 rankings. Clinton made first round exit to a team that was destroyed the next week.

Fast forward to this year. The three teams Clinton has beaten have a combined record of 1-15. According to Simmons, their strength of schedule in 2A is 86th out of 99 2A teams. Maxpreps gives their SOS at -25.8. Sure, not playing WRH had a negative effect on both. Heck, maybe Clinton beats WRH. Not Clinton's fault on the schedule, but it is what it is.

Playing Ledford will help the SOS but losing to the best team you have played probably will not improve your ranking.

I dont get caught up in the ratings. I am interested in the RPI as that will actually be used to seed the playoffs but dont try to understand them. I am more concerned with winning out and getting into the playoffs. East Duplin has been a thorn in our side for the last five years or so. Kinston will be a big challenge also. It will all shake out in the end.

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91 and dogs79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT