ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs Ledford Sept 24(revised)

Could be. Google maps indicates that route is right at 2.5 in a car, but I’ve never traveled it.
Don’t know if Google took the route through Fayetteville on 24. Probably took 421 which is a more norther rout and you have to go through Dunn and Lillingto
On 24 through Fayetteville it’s a straight shot and moves easily

Reactions: UNC91
How does a game like this work, in terms of expenses. I know it is Clinton’s home game, and to be honest, Ledford is lucky to have been asked to come play. There are several teams up this way that looked hard for games and couldn’t find one for Friday night…

Would Clinton cover some travel expenses for this game, or is a return trip to Hasty/Wallburg (seriously… the only thing Thomasville about Ledford is their address) in the cards for a future season?

How does a game like this work, in terms of expenses. I know it is Clinton’s home game, and to be honest, Ledford is lucky to have been asked to come play. There are several teams up this way that looked hard for games and couldn’t find one for Friday night…

Would Clinton cover some travel expenses for this game, or is a return trip to Hasty/Wallburg (seriously… the only thing Thomasville about Ledford is their address) in the cards for a future season?
So true. When reporters used to ask Brad Hoover where he was from, he’d say Thomasville. Ask Madison Hedgecock, he’d say High Point. May be closer to High Point city limits than Wallburg, but nobody calls it High Point Ledford. Or calls East Davidson Thomasville East Davidson, even though East is in the Thomasville city limits.

I wouldnt be surprised if something was discussed for Clinton to return the favor and travel up that way next season. Coach Johnson doesnt mind going out West for a game. It seemed like for years we would play basically the same couple teams in non conference play since him and AD Brad Spell have took over seen Central Carabbus,Anson County,and Charlotte Christian(covid ruined that one) on the schedule.

its fun to play against teams you never played before stepping out the comfort zone. I hope we dont have to use C19 as a excuse to schedule games like this more often. Its gonna be a great atmosphere and experience both teams will be better for it win or lose ,but obviously i wanna win lol so GO HORSES!!!!!!!

Madison went to Wallburg and Hoover went to Hasty, which is basically a community school on the outside of Tville. On UNC’s roster Madison was always listed from Wallburg.
It’s somewhat of an unusual situation because Ledford is a rural school but you can have a Winston, HP, Tville or Kernersville address bc of where it’s situated in northeastern Davidson County. But if you’re from the area, you typically say it’s in Wallburg.

Ledford appears to have real nice facilities. Looked impressive on nfhs.
The home side is spacious and nicely arranged. Ledford’s away side is complete trash. A complete death trap. I’m not saying anything that someone from Ledford wouldn’t agree with. The visitor side has decent bathrooms and a concession stand that serves a very decent hot dog. The biggest problem at Ledford is parking. There. Ain’t. None.

If Clinton's got a power running game, that could give Ledford some trouble. Providence Grove had some decent success running between the tackles.
We do have a pretty good sized oline and 6'1 210 pound RB and QB that likes to bust it up the middle. But we have went with a more balanced approach so far this season actually seems like we have thrown it alot more.

I wouldnt be surprised if something was discussed for Clinton to return the favor and travel up that way next season. Coach Johnson doesnt mind going out West for a game. It seemed like for years we would play basically the same couple teams in non conference play since him and AD Brad Spell have took over seen Central Carabbus,Anson County,and Charlotte Christian(covid ruined that one) on the schedule.
It would be hard to do, unless we're experiencing the same Covid problem next season. Teams are usually locked in on two year a home and away agreement for nonconference games, and this would be the first year of the agreement. I don't think that would change because of Covid.

It would be hard to do, unless we're experiencing the same Covid problem next season. Teams are usually locked in on two year a home and away agreement for nonconference games, and this would be the first year of the agreement. I don't think that would change because of Covid.
We have had 1 year deals before with the some teams i just mentioned. CC,Anson,JF Webb,Pamlico County....yes most the time its a home and home deal but i wouldnt be surprised if EE Smith was a 1 year deal and we could slip Ledford in that slot next fall if applicable.

Would be pretty cool for Clinton N.C. to play Clinton S.C. home/away over two seasons; maybe even play at Presbyterian College and Campbell U. In August before their college teams start their home schedules. Chance for some of these kids to get to take a road trip/stay in a hotel, play at a college stadium, and experience another part of the Carolinas region.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
We haven’t been tested to this point. It’ll be interesting to see how we react when we get hit in the mouth. I’ll say this though, Coach Johnson will have our boys excited/prepared to play.
They will definitely be prepared and ready. This is what it's all about!
If Clinton's got a power running game, that could give Ledford some trouble. Providence Grove had some decent success running between the
And hopefully next fall the World will be in a much better state hopefully and we can go back to scheduling a 11th game(endowment game)
I don’t think we will ever see anymore endowment games. The association probably never wants to hear the word endowment again

Would be pretty cool for Clinton N.C. to play Clinton S.C. home/away over two seasons; maybe even play at Presbyterian College and Campbell U. In August before their college teams start their home schedules. Chance for some of these kids to get to take a road trip/stay in a hotel, play at a college stadium, and experience another part of the Carolinas region.
That would be a super matchup. Two very similar schools or they were in 2004 when I attended my nieces South Carolina playoff basketball game they played at a neutral site in Clinton and I was amazed how similar the two school/facilities looked. Things may have changed though. The Campbell & Presbyterian sites would be cool. I’ve always wanted this matchup. Driving time 4 hours but intestate the whole way
Each team could house each other in their gyms (sleeping bags)/ cafeteria.
Could draw a lot of regional media attention and would be a learning experience in more ways than one
FYI: Clinton SC is 4-0 and ranked #12 in South Carolina’s AAA

Last edited:
Reactions: daagoob
Clinton JV won at Hobbton JV tonight , 22-8, Good ballgame.
Nydarion Blackwell is going to be special. Once he really gets into a offseason program and starts to grow into that frame weight wise. Great athlete but i really see him making his mark on the defensive side of the ball at either CB or saftey great instincts really attacks the ball has great anticipation. 3 INTs last night 1 returned for a TD i think he is up to like 5 or 6 in 3 games. Also had a receiving TD.

Reactions: sam and UNC91
Clinton should be fine - Ledford not that strong this year - they haven’t been tested at all. Thomasville tied them in a scrimmage this year but all of Ledford’s scores were on 2nd defense

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
1st play of the game Clinton's Jakwon Wilson takes it 80 yards for score. 2 point conv no good 6-0

Interception by Clinton's Samir Register Clinton takes back over 8:35 in 1st quarter leading 6-0

End of 1st quarter Clinton 12 Ledford 7. Clinton offense goes 3 in out will be punting to begin 2nd quarter

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT