ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton vs E.Randolph 1st Round

Wow thread with ER in title and it has made it to four pages. Would like to thank all that have made this possible. Darkhorse04 for starting it. Goober for bringing his NE bias (which is impressive as well as over the top). At least a couple of Ram supporters who dropped by (sorry I think we don’t have any potential MVP transfers at this time 😂) I am sure I’m leaving a few out but appreciate everyone’s contributions.
Dang so this is how Reidsville and Shelby feel every week huh???

Well i guess this all doesnt matter we are all playing for 2nd place to some Western team anyway smh. That disrespect shown to Eastern programs is ridiculous. I get it the west has dominated State title games in recent years but to act like the East has not quality teams is ridiculous they say were stuck in a bubble i believe some folks out west are. I dont usual get mad at some of the mess said up here and i could care less about polls and rankings but as a former player i dont like someone to blatantly disrespect my program.

Last edited:
Well i guess this all doesnt matter we are all playing for 2nd place to some Western team anyway smh. That disrespect shown to Eastern programs is ridiculous. I get it the west has dominated State title games in recent years but to act like the East has not quality teams is ridiculous they say were stuck in a bubble i believe some folks out west are. I dont usual get mad at some of the mess said up here and i could care less about polls and rankings but as a former player i dont like someone to blatantly disrespect my program.
See ER kinda like Reidsville when it comes to this. Depending on how numbers shake out they go either east or west. In baby boys four years of three sports we played almost literally from Murphy to Manteo. We are like the NC version of Switzerland. We are in the middle...

Looks like Clinton and ER do similar things offensively honestly aslong as yall dont run wing t i think we will be ok just struggled against that so far this year seems we are better suited playing teams that spread it out.

@DuplinCountyTiger this is alil off current subject but something i noticed when we played yall. Why does Avant stick with that tight formation. I would of just spread teams out and let #1 make plays. He was a great athlete but i felt like he and the backs were limited in that tight formation line wasnt gettig much push and backs struggled finding the holes if their were any. Yall just looked more comfortable spread out thats when #1 got us with a couple big runs. Just something i hope yall do more next year.

@DuplinCountyTiger this is alil off current subject but something i noticed when we played yall. Why does Avant stick with that tight formation. I would of just spread teams out and let #1 make plays. He was a great athlete but i felt like he and the backs were limited in that tight formation line wasnt gettig much push and backs struggled finding the holes if their were any. Yall just looked more comfortable spread out thats when #1 got us with a couple big runs. Just something i hope yall do more next year.
First off I will start by say Avent knows FAR more about coaching and football than I ever will so this is only my best guess at it. I’m guessing his thought process is that this past years team was very inexperienced, and didn’t have the type of speed that is needed for him to feel comfortable in spreading it out and he probably thought that his best chance at winning would be to control the clock and just run from his tight formation. He has had success in that formation in the past and it is fairly simple to run and for the kids to understand. In a limited season he may have felt it was best to just keep the offense simple. #1 is a good athlete but in my opinion I have always thought the team would be better off if he moved to receiver or running back, but again I am not the coach and could be very far off.

Orange/blue team in PAC7 is similar offensively.
Not sure what Clinton runs on other side of ball.
ER may want to press our receivers. If they give them soft coverage it will be a long night for your secondary. Our receivers also have size, 6’4, 6’3 and 6’2. Defensively not sure what we run, but our secondary is pretty good with a 6’3 safety. As DH#34 stated, we have had trouble with the wing-t, but conventional formation as we have little toe leaves with

Eastern Randolph is strictly line it up in the I formation and run downhill 3 yards and a cloud of dust style. With the athletes and talent they have and also the recent questions at quarterback this is what I would expect to see out of them. Look back at recent years even against Brevard a few years ago in the playoffs. The cute and the flashy goes away come playoff time and it'll be a grind it out style of ball. Cates only got away from that style of ball for one generation and that was with Scott Riddle at the helm; even then the running was there.

Reactions: UNC91 and thekidd12
ER may want to press our receivers. If they give them soft coverage it will be a long night for your secondary. Our receivers also have size, 6’4, 6’3 and 6’2. Defensively not sure what we run, but our secondary is pretty good with a 6’3 safety. As DH#34 stated, we have had trouble with the wing-t, but conventional formation as we have little toe leaves with
ER DBs are comparable in size to those WRs. Game hopefully is a good one. Playing at home is usually a huge advantage for young men if teams are closely matched.

Sounds like these are evenly matched opponents. Games like this come down to the small things special teams,turnovers,field position(which i guess ties in with special teams) and execution. Team that makes the least mistakes wins.

Sounds like these are evenly matched opponents. Games like this come down to the small things special teams,turnovers,field position(which i guess ties in with special teams) and execution. Team that makes the least mistakes wins.
Yes sir. That seems to work In every sport. Fun part is this thread has been a very civil one where we just kinda exchange scouting reports and hope it’s a good game and nobody gets hurt.
Kinda miss old goob...
Think I’ll go over to NE thread and stir him up...

Yes sir. That seems to work In every sport. Fun part is this thread has been a very civil one where we just kinda exchange scouting reports and hope it’s a good game and nobody gets hurt.
Kinda miss old goob...
Think I’ll go over to NE thread and stir him up...
Yeah im not a big trash talker (back when i played different story lol) i let the kids and the pads do all the talking. I like discussion i like learning about different teams especially if im not familiar with them. Wiz sent me a entire breakdown of the 1983 playoff game between these two that was some history lesson. Overall i know how these playoff games can go so not overlooking anyone of course im confident in my team and in the coaching staff. Last time i kinda overlooked a first round opponent 2016 North Lenior and they gave us everything we wanted and more that night. Ugh that was a ugly game. The goal is to just be prepared and try and come out 1-0 for the week. Looking forward to this game excited i think its going to be a great ballgame

/
Yeah im not a big trash talker (back when i played different story lol) i let the kids and the pads do all the talking. I like discussion i like learning about different teams especially if im not familiar with them. Wiz sent me a entire breakdown of the 1983 playoff game between these two that was some history lesson. Overall i know how these playoff games can go so not overlooking anyone of course im confident in my team and in the coaching staff. Last time i kinda overlooked a first round opponent 2016 North Lenior and they gave us everything we wanted and more that night. Ugh that was a ugly game. The goal is to just be prepared and try and come out 1-0 for the week. Looking forward to this game excited i think its going to be a great ballgame
we must remember this year there’s only 4 rounds to the championship game so in essence this isn’t a 1st round game, everyone has drawn what is equivalent to a 2nd round game.

Just can’t call them by proper name...
Thank you for explaining which team I meant...
It feels wrong somehow for me to quote a post with their name in it...
I’m going to have to shower now...😂
Redheaded step-brother felines? They will always be second after refusing to play Eastern in 1983 so that they could go unbeaten after ER beat them in 81 and 82

Redheaded step-brother felines? They will always be second after refusing to play Eastern in 1983 so that they could go unbeaten after ER beat them in 81 and 82
Now now...
Even though it’s true and even though that “team” would have to win like twenty in a row to even series up we don’t hold it against...
Ok maybe we do...😎

Reactions: Maiden Creek
If eastern Randolph wants to win this game, you’ll have to find a way to stop Clinton offensively. It has been done for a half but not a full game. IF a team finds a way to do that, it’ll be a long night but for now, if our D is struggling we will just try and out score you. If our D is playing well it’ll be a long night for you. Either way, this will be a great game I’m sure.

If eastern Randolph wants to win this game, you’ll have to find a way to stop Clinton offensively. It has been done for a half but not a full game. IF a team finds a way to do that, it’ll be a long night but for now, if our D is struggling we will just try and out score you. If our D is playing well it’ll be a long night for you. Either way, this will be a great game I’m sure.
ER has been pretty stout defensively this season as well. Tough to tell with no non conference games though. Even against orange/blue team, that several people are picking to come out of east 2AA, there was only one.scoring drive. Other TD was a 15 yard pick six. This game could be a low scoring affair.
Or a shootout...
Think I covered myself there enough???

He's referring to Randleman. Aka , defending 4 time conference Champions they have not beat since 2016. I think Kidds shower is probably to wash off the feeling of despair. Hope that wasn't to uncivilized.

Sorry Kidd, you opened the door. I still wish you all the best this friday.
It’s good.
Was hoping maybe you would come out of woodwork...

Y’all like Dook to me.
I’ll pull for you in playoffs as long as we ain’t playing...

And that was actually kinda funny..
Who knew orange/blue backer had it in him..
Good luck Friday.

Who is the orange blue team? Not familiar with the West
And also orange/blue team went east this year. Much like ER and Reidsville they get sent different ways depending on how playoffs shake out. Think they played a Duplin team a couple years back.
Travel is the price you pay for living in the best part of NC 😁

And also orange/blue team went east this year. Much like ER and Reidsville they get sent different ways depending on how playoffs shake out. Think they played a Duplin team a couple years back.
Travel is the price you pay for living in the best part of NC 😁
Yes they played East Duplin a couple years back. Being where I’m from anything west of Raleigh is considered west. To each it’s own you love your part of NC and I love my part. Safe to say there are few places better than NC

Yes they played East Duplin a couple years back. Being where I’m from anything west of Raleigh is considered west. To each it’s own you love your part of NC and I love my part. Safe to say there are few places better than NC
Yeah we got mountains, beaches, Piedmont and two HS that both claim they are the best in state. I’m not implying they aren’t but do enjoy their “discussions”. Needed to post on thread. Be nice to get to fifth page...

Game day...
Sportstone.net beginning broadcast at 6:31
Glad my Reds are back home! That West Coast swing was rough! Got the Indians tonite.... that’s always a good one! Might stay home and watch it ...instead.
Good luck to your boys tonight! Kidd.....that goes for you too! 34.
Hoping y’all get to the 5th page!

Reactions: thekidd12
Glad my Reds are back home! That West Coast swing was rough! Got the Indians tonite.... that’s always a good one! Might stay home and watch it ...instead.
Good luck to your boys tonight! Kidd.....that goes for you too! 34.
Hoping y’all get to the 5th page!
Reds???
Wow that’s almost as sad as I was last year. Been a Red Sox fan ever since Fred Lynn’s rookie year. At least theyw winning this season a little. Thank goodness for the Orioles.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT