ADVERTISEMENT

Clinton/Northeastern

I was told Groupers across from the museum.Never been to EC but once and that was last week, the wife driving, I'm dozing and she turns on US17 after we ate in Williamston. I aroused and saw a sign 20 miles to Elizabeth City so we cruised through on our way, (out of the way) to OBX. Never ever been to EC and now twice in one week! I think we're going to get there early and take a look at some things before we go over to the stadium and see the DarkHorses win! :cool:

Reactions: BigBird12
The time is near,less than 15hrs till kickoff in the Eagles quest to win the 2a c'ship. If the Eagles win by less than 28, I will swallow my pride and make a public apology on here.If they win by more, well will just have to wait and see:):):)

A win is a win. No need to apologize for anything. Both teams have their full rosters. Our conference is weak. NE is overrated. lol

Reactions: daagoob
Well all i can say is well see ,just how many they win by 28 i doubt it goob ..maybe 10 to 14 point window ...

Your the number 1 team in the east undefeated D1 prospects all over the field top 10 on everything in Maxpreps.....your suppose to win right?....if you wanna pound your chest over beating a 6-5 team be my guest it will be nothing to be said tonight at 11pm besides good game

Reactions: dogs79
And lets stop the whole conference is weak argument......you can have a strong team and be in a weak conference look at Reidsville and that conference...... it really doesn’t matter

35, I think it does matter who you play. Clinton will be the best team by far NE will have played . Clintonmay nit be good enough but the Horses have played some very good competition. They know what it will take. Someofmy friends are from Teidsville in fact I was born 11 miles from there but I’m concerned about Reidsville this season . The conference was pitiful. They didn’t have Cummings to push them. How good they are against some really good competition this year is a question to me. I hope they win the west

I suspect when you have a very good team in a very weak conference, then you have some very effective recruiting in place. Just my opinion

Didnt seem to hurt Reidsville last year or this year
it only matters as far as how your team will react to adversity. as far as how good a team is, i agree with you. who a team plays has no bearing on how good that team is. like you alluded to, Reidsville is in a weak conference, but all they do is win championships!

Reactions: dogs79
Well see, I'm just basing my prediction off the 1 game I saw them play. I'll take a 10 pt win, wouldn't be upset, shocked maybe, but it is the playoffs
someone said Clinton will be the toughest team you have played this year. i dont buy that. who do you think is the toughest team you have played so far this year?

35, I think it does matter who you play. Clinton will be the best team by far NE will have played . Clintonmay nit be good enough but the Horses have played some very good competition. They know what it will take. Someofmy friends are from Teidsville in fact I was born 11 miles from there but I’m concerned about Reidsville this season . The conference was pitiful. They didn’t have Cummings to push them. How good they are against some really good competition this year is a question to me. I hope they win the west

Clinton is nowhere near the best team we've played this year. Not even close- Edenton, Norview, DH Conley, and I would even argue for Hertford County.

mistake wise that FF game was probably the worse game we played this season hope your not judging us solely on that one game........much better than what they showed last week

Lets hope tonight we leave our gun with unlimited ammo here in Sampson County.......dont think I ever seen a team shoot them selves in the foot as much as we have this year.....big play on one play then next play fumble or a penalty.....that cant happen tonight

Edenton defense isnt what it use to be neither is dh conley defense which both these schools still have bragging rights u wont be good all every year at one side of the ball u can be good offensively and be terrible or average on d .as far as playing weak comp it does hurt u i dont care i played basketball aau in cali when i was 17 and 9 teams we played were horrible it hurt our team when we played a team that beat us by 28 points iin the regional championship game all because we didnt think that team was good becausevof what we played during our season. Now i said that to say this all competion u play u should learn something about your team if ur more superior then u should win but never underestimate the who u play overconfidense will ruin u at the wrong time and so will playing weak competition. Thats just my 2 cents!! Everyone else may look at it differently

Last edited:
Can't remember the last time a Clinton thread had 8 pages to it. Hope the game lives up to the thread it has had previewing it. IMO, clause has to be the difference on offense for Clinton, throwing and running. Defensively, well.......things aren't gonna change much it seems schematically anyways. So hopefully we can just control the clock on offense, and bend but not break on Defense. Safe travels. We are pulling out at 3.

Can't remember the last time a Clinton thread had 8 pages to it. Hope the game lives up to the thread it has had previewing it. IMO, clause has to be the difference on offense for Clinton, throwing
and running. Defensively, well.......things aren't gonna change much it seems schematically anyways. So hopefully we can just control the clock on offense, and bend but not break on Defense. Safe travels. We are pulling out at 3.

That's cause I'm up here upsetting everyone,LOL:D:D GO EAGLES!!!!!!
OH, HOLD UP A SECOND ---- 28++++:D:D

Can't remember the last time a Clinton thread had 8 pages to it. Hope the game lives up to the thread it has had previewing it. IMO, clause has to be the difference on offense for Clinton, throwing and running. Defensively, well.......things aren't gonna change much it seems schematically anyways. So hopefully we can just control the clock on offense, and bend but not break on Defense. Safe travels. We are pulling out at 3.

Made a post earlier about key guys i felt needed to step up if Clinton is going to pull off the impossible and Clause is on that list on offense and defense

Don’t forget To listen man, provide some feedback for us if u don’t mind.

For sure 04, I'm hoping I'm not playing a match, if so I'm not going to be able to listen. I'm ready though, counting the hours down now. I have my phone charged and ready!!! You guys be safe and most importantly just have fun. You'll like the venue if you've never been, a lil old but very nice

For the poster i would never belittle a win but when u have a subpar defense like conley that gave up 55 points that means your defense is horrible,and on the flip side if your defense cant stop anybody then what. I know who won the game if both teams marching up and down the field on each other then ya d needs work .. I will always stick by this saying Defense Wins Championships!!! Not throwing stones at anyone just saying what i saw from what i saw from the a game a close win is a good win and a close lost is good for noone lol.. I dont think conley or NE gave up that many points to anybody else...

Goob how many games u have to play the whole weekend or just two days...hope ya win..

I'm currently playing in the 9-ball event right now, but tomorrow it's a whole other event that I'll be playing in. That event is eight ball. These are some of the top amateur players across the Northeast and Midwest. There is a lot of gambling going on in this place, it's crazy.

I'm the only player in the field out of North Carolina. They ran me up in the Calcutta this morning because of where I'm from.

I think you should read my post again. Reading comprehension. Sound it out if you have to.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT