ADVERTISEMENT

2A Clinton Basketball

Darkhorse#34

Jul 30, 2006
Both Clinton teams fell at Goldsboro Tuesday Evening...Clinton girls lost a tough one 80-63 falling to 11-4(2-1) while the boys lost 77-68 record now stands at 8-7(1-2).......Darkhorses return home Friday where they will host Spring Creek

Goldsboro ladies must be for real. Boys always play hard for Davis, just not enough athletes like in years past.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
Goldsboro ladies must be for real. Boys always play hard for Davis, just not enough athletes like in years past.

I have a co worker who is a ref and warned me that they were pretty good.....Whats scary is East Duplin's girls team...beat Goldsboro in a good game 49-41....but they also beat a tough Midway team yesterday 60-36

Clinton split with Spring Creek Friday night girls winning 59-23 boys losing 70-64

This is saying much but I heard Friday night that ED’s girls beat Hobbton earlier in the year like 58-2.

Hobbton made 1 FT in first half and 1 FT in seconds half. No made FG’s. Idk which was the culprit. Hobbton that bad (likely) or ED that good.

This is saying much but I heard Friday night that ED’s girls beat Hobbton earlier in the year like 58-2.

Hobbton made 1 FT in first half and 1 FT in seconds half. No made FG’s. Idk which was the culprit. Hobbton that bad (likely) or ED that good.

According to maxpreps they beat a 7-7 Ashely team 30-28 not sure how good Ashley is compared to other 2A teams but if Clinton comes out and plays a good game and ED makes mistakes we have a chance

Congrats Clinton's Ashlynn Williams and Jalen Owens McDonald's All-American nominees

Owens for AA? Did his dad nominate him or something? He is a good player but he has struggled this year. Best of luck to him but I can’t imagine he has any shot what so ever, Atleast not from the few games I’ve attended. But I don’t know how those things work.

Not sure what the selection process includes but i think its more than just a simple nomination from a Coach....only 10 boys nominees in the state of NC which many consider the "Hoop state" so just to be among those selected is a honor.... his on court stats may not jump out at you they may consider some off court activities(grades,leadership,community service etc) as factors aswell.....he more than likely wont be selected for the game but we are definitely proud of him for making the list

Yes, they continue, but we all know it's very difficult to win anything at East Duplin unless they're run out of the gym early in the game.

Lol yeah i actually work with one of the refs that did our game last night and i joked with him he is a Wallace alumni(Duplin County native) when i found out he was calling the game i said i guess we dont stand a chance now

Big game vs JK tomorrow night......the future is looking good the JV boys team has been hot as of late won 6 in a row currently 11-5....Clinton bball wont be down for long

Big game vs JK tomorrow night......the future is looking good the JV boys team has been hot as of late won 6 in a row currently 11-5....Clinton bball wont be down for long
That's great! The girls team is ok as well, but there has to be more than Ashlyn and Isa scoring-more players have to step up.

Clinton split with JK last night.....girls won 69-35 while the boys fell 64-33.....girls now 14-5(5-2) currently in a 3 way tie for 2nd in conf with(Midway and Goldsboro).....Boys now 9-10(2-5) currently 6th place.....boys will need to string together some wins or could be in danger of missing the postseason

Been watching from afar, and yes Clinton boys has a bright future. Me being a JK alumni do you think we can have your JV coach. He's a JK alumni and we definitely need him back home for our kids!!!... I'm smiling but I'm so serious!

More sad news Clinton related....i seen where Mikayla Boykin has yet another ACL injury and will miss the remainder of her redshirt freshman season at Duke

Clinton girls defeat Midway girls tonight 70-61 to improve to 15-5(6-2)....Ashlynn Williams and Jalen Owens were honored after the girls game for their McDonald's All American nominations

Clinton boys defeat Midway 57-49 to get back to .500....Boys record now 10-10(3-5)...tough game for both teams on Tuesday as they host Goldsboro

Clinton girls scored a big victory tonight defeating Goldsboro 55-35 to improve to 16-5(7-2) to move into 2nd place in the ECC behind East Duplin

Clinton boys lost a tough one to Goldsboro 71-53 now 10-11(3-6).....boys will definitely need to win out to improve playoff hopes.....next game vs conference leader Spring Creek on Friday

Clinton girls scored a big victory tonight defeating Goldsboro 55-35 to improve to 16-5(7-2) to move into 2nd place in the ECC behind East Duplin
I see that LDH has Sha'Nyia Nurse back. I can't remember where she transferred, but I'm sure she has been welcomed back with open arms. She provides another scoring option, scoring 14 against Midway.

Clinton boys lost a tough one to Goldsboro 71-53 now 10-11(3-6).....boys will definitely need to win out to improve playoff hopes.....next game vs conference leader Spring Creek on Friday

That was a tough game. Clinton played so hard in first half but just couldn't score. Goldsboro played bad in first half but hung around because of clintons inability to score, then the 3Q started and clinton had 10 turnovers in that quarter alone, 16 in second half. Can't win if you can't score. Never seen coach Davis that frustrated because he has some kids who can play but they just make some mental mistakes they can't make up for with raw athleticism like the last few years athletes.

Yeah tough season on the boys side but it was gonna be hard replacing all that talent from last years team.....i see X is doing well again at 71st......good news for Coach Davis and company still have 3 regular season games left and the conf Tournament maybe hopefully we can pull off some upsets.......and of course its the future to look forward to JV boys have done well this season

Friday night Clinton split with Spring Creek.....girls won 69-30 improved to 17-5(8-2) boys lost 67-47 dropping to 10-12(3-7)....both teams travel to Wallace Tuesday with only 2 games left in regular season

Looking at the projections Clinton boys really need to win these last 2 games and hope to maybe win a game or 2 in the conf tourney....right now on the outside looking in only 32 spots and we sitting at 34 in the first four out section

JV boys won also improving to 15-6(10-1)......girls won also improving to 18-5(9-2)

Last edited:
If boys win Thursday vs East Duplin will finish 4th in conference and maybe a win in the tourney will be enough to sneak into the playoffs.......big game for the girls as they take on undefeated East Duplin who pretty much have the regular season conf title won ED comes in ranked #3 on NC Preps poll and #9 on maxpreps

Off subject but i was looking at Farmville Central boys and girls teams both are undefeated boys 22-0 girls 18-0 how many schools can say that....not many i bet

That is for sure a tall task, for both to be undefeated. Mtn. Heritage is very close. Heritage boys dropped the 1st 2 games of the year, mainly due to a 3rd round football run in the playoffs and now are on a 17 game winning streak. 17-2. Varsity girls are 21-0 and #1 in the state.

Also the JV boys at Mtn. Heritage are currently 16-0. That makes the total between the 3 teams 54-2 on the year.

Off subject but i was looking at Farmville Central boys and girls teams both are undefeated boys 22-0 girls 18-0 how many schools can say that....not many i bet

Seems like Kinston had a its girls and boys win the title in the same year not to long ago. Not sure if both were undefeated or not. Kinston men always play some stiff competition early in the season so some of their losses can be skewed from year to year early on.

North Surry almost did it a few years ago but our girls beat them and there boys got beat by Northside-Jax....still quite a accomplishment to have both teams make it to State......Kinston is just a basketball factory both teams seem to be in the mix year in and out

Reactions: Heritage 84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT