ADVERTISEMENT

2A Clinton Basketball

Clinton JV boys finish up the season 16-6(11-1) ECC Conference Champs bright future mens basketball program wont be down for long

Not 100% sure if this is correct or a final score but maxpreps has Clinton girls 59-51 over East Duplin.....if this is true what a huge victory over a undefeated and top ranked team

Confirmed now Clinton girls defeat previously undefeated East Duplin girls 59-51 to end the regular season 19-5(10-2) huge momentum going forward.....if Spring Creek girls can pull off a miracle against ED tomorrow Clinton will be co champs but i doubt it Spring Creek girls 1-19

Clinton boys win 53-32 finish regular season 4th place in ECC 12-12(5-7) they will play WRH first round of ECC tourney Tuesday....girls wont play till Wednesday vs Spring Creek

Girls game wasn’t as close as final score. Clinton was up by 10 at half. And at one point 20 points.

Boy finally played defense coach Davis has been preaching all year. 2 wins in a row. Carson Ellis had a career night with 20 points.

Reactions: Darkhorse#34
ED girls wrapped up the regular season conf title tonight beating Spring Creek 68-13....for Clinton girls take care of business next week and maybe we get a chance to take the conf tourney from them.....on the boys side Clinton still on the outside looking in according to the latest projections a win or 2 in the conf tourney could help our case but i believe we seriously need to win out and win the conf tourney to get in

X is doing really well at 71st dropped 22 vs Jack Britt last night glad he is doing good over there definitely could use some of that here

Any chance Nick Smith gets moved up to varsity for the this final push???

Nah. I would assume last thing Coach Davis wants to do with as many seniors as he has is to bring up a JV player that hasn’t played a second on Varsity only to take someone’s minutes. However, he may move him up to play in mop up time but really clinton will have to beat WRH and then win another game or 2 to get in playoffs. So idk how much possible “mop up” time will be available.

Nah. I would assume last thing Coach Davis wants to do with as many seniors as he has is to bring up a JV player that hasn’t played a second on Varsity only to take someone’s minutes. However, he may move him up to play in mop up time but really clinton will have to beat WRH and then win another game or 2 to get in playoffs. So idk how much possible “mop up” time will be available.

I dont see it hurting anything if they were to use him...aslong as its not Lawson,Owens,Rayner,or Ellis minutes being limited i see him helping more than hurting anything gonna need all the help you can muster to pull off the upset against Goldsboro in the next round i believe we can handle WRH but Goldsboro seems to have hit their groove winning 11 of their last 13 one of those loses coming against a really good Kinston program

I agree, what could it hurt. If moved up I’m sure Coach has a plan, and that plan includes the future not just now. If he can play, let him play. I do get your point about seniors minutes but I’m sure he knows what he is doing.

Kid has some skills averaged 13 a game on JV had a 30 point game good size at 6'3-6'4 like i said we could use all the help we can get if we gonna pull this off....and if we lose hey you giving a freshman a guy thats gonna be around the next 3 years some valuable experience

Latest projections have Clinton boys in the playoffs by the skin off our teeth....a win tonight and aslong as no other teams behind us pull upsets we could sneak into the playoffs

Sorry i originally posted Clinton girls play Wednesday night but they are playing today at 6pm vs Spring Creek Clinton boys play Wednesday vs WRH at 8:30 all games at James Kenan

Clinton girls defeat Spring Creek 71-48 to advance to the next round of the ECC tournament girls now 20-5(10-2)

I think with the right seeding the Clinton girls can make a very deep run in the playoffs! Especially beating East Duplin has boosted their confidence!

Clinton boys in action tonight vs WRH in the ECC tourney...definitely must win inregards to making the postseason....who knows what could happen these conf tournaments breed upsets.

Clinton boys beat WRH in double OT 69-62 advance to take on top seeded Goldsboro in next round of ECC tournament...boys now 13-12(5-7)

Tough situation for Clinton boys after playing a late game last night that went to 2 OTs now have to turn around and play a really good team in a early 5:30 tip off

Tough situation for Clinton boys after playing a late game last night that went to 2 OTs now have to turn around and play a really good team in a early 5:30 tip off

This conference tournament set up really is bizarre. Should have higher seed host the first round with the semi's at the host school. The corresponding games don't mirror the times in the bracket as it progresses.
I think Clinton is better off with the early game. Kids ain't getting anymore rest until tonight. So if you win you get an early start home. Two late games in a row would be brutal Friday.
Clinton really is starting to play well. Coach Davis represents Clinton well.

Clinton boys lost to Goldsboro 65-53 falling to 13-13(5-7) we now have to sweat it out till the brackets come out...hopefully we done enough to squeeze in...if we do definitely gonna be against a really high seed and on the road

Clinton girls lose a heartbreaker to Midway 63-61.....girls pretty much assured a playoff spot so no worries on their end....was looking forward to seeing them get another game with East Duplin....Midway girls have a good team that was a big win for them....Clinton girls came in hot and riding high hopefully they refocus and get ready for a final push next week in the playoffs i would think they will get atleast 1-2 home playoff games depending on seeding

Looks like Midway gave ED a good game but just not enough ED girls win ECC tournament 46-40.

Goldsboro boys defeated Spring Creek for the Tournament championship on the boys side 78-72. Congrats to Goldsboro boys and East Duplin girls on the championships.

Preliminary brackets have Clinton boys in!!!!!......bad news we get a rematch of the Eastern Title game vs #2 seeded Greene Central

Clinton girls getting the shaft somewhat as they draw a #12 seed and host #21 Midway who just beat them the other night....all these brackets are preliminary and could change but it looks like tough matchups for both teams.....girls will be at home boys obviously on the road

Girls bracket has been finalized Clinton hosting Midway....winner probably heading to beuaville to take on East Duplin who is playong Wheatmore in round one

Brackets now final

Boys #30 Clinton at #3 Goldsboro

Girls #12 Clinton vs #21 Midway

So both Clinton teams play conference opponents in the first round...not sure if thats good or bad....me personally i dont like it.....NCHSAA been doing it to us in football and basketball this year

Game day 1st round of 2A playoffs....Clinton at Goldsboro at 7pm(boys) Clinton host Midway at 7pm(girls)

Tale of the tape: Clinton vs Goldsboro Clinton 0-3 vs Goldsboro this season losing 77-68,71-53, and 65-53

Clinton vs Midway Clinton is 2-1 vs Midway this year winning games 71-67,70-61 and losing 63-61 last week in the conf tourney

Both games should be good hopefully biys can pull off the upset and the girls can get alil revenge for that heartbreaker last week....good luck to both teams...GO HORSES

Clinton boys fall to Goldsboro 69-59 game was alot closer than final score indicates Clinton actually led going into the final quarter and this was a single possession game with just over a min left.....i didnt attend the game but sounds like Clinton biys gave one helluva effort definitely nothing to hang your head about this program is definitely in good hands with Coach Davis....dont expect them to be down for long good season fellas

Reactions: swampstomp
Clinton girls advance 76-66 win over Midway to avenge the loss in the ECC tourney....Clinton earns a another match up with East Duplin...the teams split their meetings during the regular season

Looks like Clinton girls have defeated East Duplin 43-42 to move on to the third round. They will be playing at NC School of Science and Math.

Looks like Clinton girls have defeated East Duplin 43-42 to move on to the third round. They will be playing at NC School of Science and Math.

Huge win in hostile territory....nothing better than going down to Beaulaville in the playoffs and coming away with a win.....Clinton girls had to play the final 1:23 without Ashlyn Williams...great win for Coach Owens and company

Clinton girls have a tall task Saturday as they travel to the School of Science and Math who is undefeated 31-0 this season

Clinton girls season ends today with a loss against a very good NC School of Science and math team 62-46

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT