ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

That wasn’t very nice Fits….

And to think I was prepared to break bread with the famous horseshoe club but I don’t feel welcomed at this point!!! Lol

*****ATTENTION******

There is a thread on the 2A board that is very interesting. It's full of lies and squirming and one Shelby Poster has went off the resrvation and told the truth.......... It's going to get real good. Look at these gems below from that thread.

After reading about losing a few kids to other schools this off season and the Crest fans rubbing their noses in it, I contacted a friend connected to the Shelby program. (Not a coach) He confirmed that 6-8 players had transferred out and coaches expect more to leave. He said he thinks kids are chasing rings.

Anyone in the know have details why the Shelby football program seems to be imploding?
Last season i preached also season about our poor coaching, the shelby faithful told me i was wrong. I also asked multiple times why our starting quarterback had no REAL offers. I was told they would come.....

Listen if you want to win a championship, get national exposure, and eventually go to a D1 college, shelby isnt the school for you.

I'd move my kid to Crest or Kings Mountain, and i'ma shelby graduate!

When ware left, our soul left.

We'll need a new coach to change things.

A young one, these kids aren't buying our tradition anymore.

Get with the times Shelby!

Like Quote Reply

G

gldlion2004

Well-Known Member​

Oh yea, our defense is going to be terrible this year

Sophomore QB

Those 3-4 players that left were starters

My nephew, who I wont mention but i'm sure some know who he is, point blank told me the kids aren't fond of the coach.

They were fond of webber.

That's all ill say.

Shelby faithful tell me i'm wrong. Our coach is the best ever because he won championships with stacked teams!

When in the history of shelby football would our players WANT TO PLAY FOR CREST! Bad sign!

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
We didn't say any of that. That was a Shelby fan.

What a clown show... It's beautiful to watch,,
Some Shelby folks are going off the deep end , infighting , what a spectacle , it’s better than Burns fireworks.
BF2 leash is a lot shorter this coming year.
And when Allen officially retires Shelby takes two steps back , something going on o that side of town.

#HATEUS

Are you talking Shelby QBs who went D1 to actually PLAY QB? If not- throw Chad Holbrook in there as well.
On another note.... all this talk about transferring here and there like it's free agency is terrible for the sport, and ultimately even the programs that feel like they are getting richer for the immediate couple years due to it. If a HS sports program is the driving force for your kid's attendance then you have bigger problems on the horizon at home with that kid - just wait. Don't give me the BS line about certain programs or systems get kids schollys, etc, etc. If lil Johnny has an extra hour per day to do his homework instead of drive the extra 30 minutes to and from out of his traditional school zone, he will be a better human being and productive member of society. If he wants to be guaranteed to get a D1 football scholarship....just be 6'2 or taller or one of the fastest on the field and have other attributes they're looking for in your play..... coaches will find you no matter if you're at Bessemer City or Mallard Creek. 1970s and even 80s in NC...maybe different. We live in the internet age. I know who the best d#mn 8 year old RB in Texas is EVERY year because you can't escape it.

The root of the problem is all the open transfer, the "I stay here now", or "I'm going to choose to play here next year", middle school "signing" days, re-classing .... all of it. I don't know if any group is exempt...although some are more ridiculous than others. Pro sports have all but been ruined. College is well on its way and likely not able to turn back. I hope some public school administrators, ADs, HCs, Principals (whomever it may be that can re-direct this growing problem) grow a backbone and demand transparency on all this BS before public school sports are ruined as well. You can already see the cracks.

Are you talking Shelby QBs who went D1 to actually PLAY QB? If not- throw Chad Holbrook in there as well.
On another note.... all this talk about transferring here and there like it's free agency is terrible for the sport, and ultimately even the programs that feel like they are getting richer for the immediate couple years due to it. If a HS sports program is the driving force for your kid's attendance then you have bigger problems on the horizon at home with that kid - just wait. Don't give me the BS line about certain programs or systems get kids schollys, etc, etc. If lil Johnny has an extra hour per day to do his homework instead of drive the extra 30 minutes to and from out of his traditional school zone, he will be a better human being and productive member of society. If he wants to be guaranteed to get a D1 football scholarship....just be 6'2 or taller or one of the fastest on the field and have other attributes they're looking for in your play..... coaches will find you no matter if you're at Bessemer City or Mallard Creek. 1970s and even 80s in NC...maybe different. We live in the internet age. I know who the best d#mn 8 year old RB in Texas is EVERY year because you can't escape it.

The root of the problem is all the open transfer, the "I stay here now", or "I'm going to choose to play here next year", middle school "signing" days, re-classing .... all of it. I don't know if any group is exempt...although some are more ridiculous than others. Pro sports have all but been ruined. College is well on its way and likely not able to turn back. I hope some public school administrators, ADs, HCs, Principals (whomever it may be that can re-direct this growing problem) grow a backbone and demand transparency on all this BS before public school sports are ruined as well. You can already see the cracks.
Just curious how is middle school signing day a bad thing?

Reactions: smashmouth5
Some Shelby folks are going off the deep end , infighting , what a spectacle , it’s better than Burns fireworks.
BF2 leash is a lot shorter this coming year.
And when Allen officially retires Shelby takes two steps back , something going on o that side of town.

#HATEUS

Jamie Smith- Clemson
Next…
I think your right. He was the QB at Clemson between Deshawn Watson and Trevor Lawrence.

• Haha
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Do you mean cut blocks? Chop blocks are illegal. Cut blocks are football 101.
Also....yall can't be serious about 2a vs. 3a.
In regard to SP - it isn't rocket science. Transitioning coaching staff combined with 1-2 years of either moderate talent from one class, and 1-2 key players getting in trouble from another class and there you have SPs four years in 2a.
Shelby got their licks in while they could, but yall didn't want no more. That last game we played yall at in 2a proved that to be true. It would've only gotten worse for you.

Then you have the last two years back in a regular schedule 3a. You think it's harder to play Dudley or East Gaston? A second round 2a "playoff" team we beat 48-6 and it could've been worse. Speaking of....SP has been real nice to EG over the last ten years especially, but EG won't even play SP anymore after 50 years of what I guess is continuous play. That's right - our supposed rival has taken us off the schedule and refused to play football against us anymore.
Believe me you didn't want no part of Shelby in 2021. Same people for the most part on defense but completely different scheme. On offense you never have been able to stop the pass and we had better receivers and QB than the last year you played. Now that last year 2020 y'all boot stomped us. Since the the old rivalry started back in 2013 I believe Shelby won more than they lost against the MIGHTY MIDGETS. So go feel good about yourself and go play on Goat Island.

Reactions: NC Joker

I personally agree with you 100%, if we can't beat you with who we are supposed to have then we need to work harder. I know I'm going to get blasted by the Crest MORONS, but I've said that for many years.

Reactions: DeBoer31
Yup that Shelby team in ‘21 was nasty good. I'm afraid the midgets would've of been in trouble.

Believe me you didn't want no part of Shelby in 2021. Same people for the most part on defense but completely different scheme. On offense you never have been able to stop the pass and we had better receivers and QB than the last year you played. Now that last year 2020 y'all boot stomped us. Since the the old rivalry started back in 2013 I believe Shelby won more than they lost against the MIGHTY MIDGETS. So go feel good about yourself and go play on Goat Island.
Believe me....you didn't want any part of SP the last two years....ask your new big brother Crest. 3-1 vs. them the last two seasons. It's BS two programs like that had to play twice in two seasons in conf., then playoffs anytime before the western finals, but I digress.
We stopped the pass in the early 90s before the SP-Shelby series broke, and definitely the last two years. Everything isn't the same as it "always" was in regard to defending the pass if you haven't seen SP of recent.
Since it resumed we are 5-5....and you would've lost the last two years too.

Believe me....you didn't want any part of SP the last two years....ask your new big brother Crest. 3-1 vs. them the last two seasons. It's BS two programs like that had to play twice in two seasons in conf., then playoffs anytime before the western finals, but I digress.
We stopped the pass in the early 90s before the SP-Shelby series broke, and definitely the last two years. Everything isn't the same as it "always" was in regard to defending the pass if you haven't seen SP of recent.
In 2021, South Point was blown out by KM who was blown out by Shelby. You split with Crest. South Point would have gotten embarrassed by Shelby. Just be glad you’re relevant again, because in 2A you weren’t. South Point never even got past the 2nd round.

Last edited:

I did'nt know any of you over there knew about throwing a football in the early 90s. What passes were you stopping?

In 2021, South Point was blown out by KM who was blown out by Shelby. You split with Crest. South Point would have gotten embarrassed by Shelby. Just be glad you’re relevant again, because in 2A you weren’t. South Point never even got past the 2nd round.
yeah and looks like Shelby is almost exactly where SP was at during those times we were in 2a....transition with coaches, maybe a rough year or two of talent (even if recruited).
Yall must really not believe what Crest has over there because in one year they are better at doing what yall have been trying to do for over ten years offensively.

I did'nt know any of you over there knew about throwing a football in the early 90s. What passes were you stopping?
Maybe one of Shelby's best athletes ever produced (Robert Williams FL/All purpose off. guy) and a year or two before him #22 (Gray maybe?) I think was the feared FL/WR during that time - a stud. Back then people didn't pass a lot, but the passes were pivotal when thrown... and was what separated Shelby from continuing to play in the playoffs vs. other teams who couldn't pass when they needed to and had to sit at home.

Reactions: Chopper747
yeah and looks like Shelby is almost exactly where SP was at during those times we were in 2a....transition with coaches, maybe a rough year or two of talent (even if recruited).
Yall must really not believe what Crest has over there because in one year they are better at doing what yall have been trying to do for over ten years offensively.
Transition my ass! In 2017, many SP fans were feeling and posting as if that team was arguably your best team ever, even better than your state championship winning 2016 team that was flatlined by Shelby, to the tune of 24-0. You were obviously oust by Shelby in the 2nd round of ‘17, your only loss. Flatlined you guys the last time we played, too, in 2019. You guys have been much safer in 3a.

Last edited:
Put the bottle down. LMAO. Maybe the stupidest post of the year.

• Haha
Reactions: NC Joker
I don’t mean to intrude or take sides in you guys pen-s swinging contest but that KM team that Shelby played in the first game of the 21 season and the KM team that South Point played later that year were two different monsters. KM lost a ton of seniors that previous season and had double digit young players getting their first ever varsity experience in the matchup with Shelby.

I don’t mean to intrude or take sides in you guys pen-s swinging contest but that KM team that Shelby played in the first game of the 21 season and the KM team that South Point played later that year were two different monsters. KM lost a ton of seniors that previous season and had double digit young players getting their first ever varsity experience in the matchup with Shelby.
LA would come out on the short end of the stick in that contest. Per sources

• Haha
Reactions: shutdownD24

Kings Mountain Football Schedule
August 18 - Shelby
August 25 - @ Cox Mill
September 1 - @ Burns
September 8 - bye
September 15- @ Huss
September 22 - N Gaston
September 29 - Forestview
October. 6 - @ South Point
October. 13 - Stu Cramer
October. 20 - @ Ashbrook
October. 27 - Crest

Well, that “different monster” later got destroyed by Crest, another team Shelby also beat fairly handily.🤷🏾‍♂️

Well, that “different monster” later got destroyed by Crest, another team Shelby also beat fairly handily.🤷🏾‍♂️
You guys will have to hold on to that 21 season because it may be a little while before you guys are the kings of the county again 🤷‍♂️

• Haha
Reactions: DeBoer31
You guys will have to hold on to that 21 season because it may be a little while before you guys are the kings of the county again 🤷‍♂️
They want to hold onto that 2021 season due to going 0-4 this past season in county.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT