ADVERTISEMENT

What’s Going On At Shelby?

I mean Shelby had the idea have the kids transfer into middle school and still live in Gaffney.

Kid was very transparent, told them it was a football move, and was denied. Good player, too. Sub 4.4 40, 10.9 100 meters. I’m sure he will end up on a college roster as a db, or could easily go for track as a sprinter, rising senior.

Heard he may be coming back to Shelby for his senior season?

After reading about losing a few kids to other schools this off season and the Crest fans rubbing their noses in it, I contacted a friend connected to the Shelby program. (Not a coach) He confirmed that 6-8 players had transferred out and coaches expect more to leave. He said he thinks kids are chasing rings.

Anyone in the know have details why the Shelby football program seems to be imploding?

3 + a middle schooler.

Heard from the horses mouth yesterday...."We are gonna be good!". That's all I needed to hear.

So to answer your question....what's going on at Shelby? Nothing, we are just continuing to be the most successful, sustained, winning program in the history of North Carolina high school football.

Whatever happened to the days where you went to school where you lived, stayed with the friends you made in elementary school, and played sports with the kids you grew up with? I married a Crest girl the first time around and I was adamant that we would live in the North end and that our future kids would absolutely be Bulldogs.
What about the 2nd time around? Or 3rd?

3 + a middle schooler.

Heard from the horses mouth yesterday...."We are gonna be good!". That's all I needed to hear.

So to answer your question....what's going on at Shelby? Nothing, we are just continuing to be the most successful, sustained, winning program in the history of North Carolina high school football.
We going to be good.... I think the people for the Titanic also said something like that. But look now Jack sitting at the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean because Rose wouldn't share some of the door with him. Turn out it wasn't all good 🤣🤣🤣

to the ones wanting too or that have left.. BYE.... The ONLY one that left that bothers me in the least is thompson the middle schooler...

The only thing they are chasing at the stable, is a silver tongued devil promising them the world, and a Coach whilst doing some real good things so far (I really do believe that) The ring they are chasing is the granny beads forming around those numerous chins from the dust in the stable

they seem to forget they have NO DEFENSE ( not as bad as ours, but close) and their best defensive player graduated in Day Day... There aint no Spikes or Ramsuers rolling out on that field this year..... Like last year was Burns year, this year is Crests year and if they dont win it all, EPIC failure, I mean EPIC,..... they wont admit that, but they know it

And there is nothing coming for years to come, Ive seen it first hand, why do you think they are opening their arms to all these Shelby kids and possible KM kids, they have seen what is coming after this year and are "reaching out" trying to stock the cupboard over there...

Shelby will be fine. give that new QB a bit to get comfortable we will be firing on all cylinders...

Last edited:
FALSE!! It’s a parent’s decision to transfer at student..Coach is not poaching
dr-evil-right.gif

to the ones wanting too or that have left.. BYE.... The ONLY one that left that bothers me in the least is thompson the middle schooler...

The only thing they are chasing at the stable, is a silver tongued devil promising them the world, and a Coach whilst doing some real good things so far (I really do believe that) The ring they are chasing is the granny beads forming around those numerous chins from the dust in the stable

they seem to forget they have NO DEFENSE ( not as bad as ours, but close) and their best defensive player graduated in Day Day... There aint no Spikes or Ramsuers rolling out on that field this year..... Like last year was Burns year, this year is Crests year and if they dont win it all, EPIC failure, I mean EPIC,..... they wont admit that, but they know it

And there is nothing coming for years to come, Ive seen it first hand, why do you think they are opening their arms to all these Shelby kids and possible KM kids, they have seen what is coming after this year and are "reaching out" trying to stock the cupboard over there...

Shelby will be fine. give that new QB a bit to get comfortable we will be firing on all cylinders...
SL ,
Please keep an eye out for that JV team at Crest , I wouldn’t want you to wrong in your future assessment but you are.
And here I thought you were a coaching legend in the Upper End.

Reactions: Ifthehorseshoefits
I thought Lee had another year at qb for Shelby. ? Thought he was same year as Lee for Reidsville

SL ,
Please keep an eye out for that JV team at Crest , I wouldn’t want you to wrong in your future assessment but you are.
And here I thought you were a coaching legend in the Upper End.
I ain’t no legend but with a lot of help did a few good things up there over the years I’d like to think and made a bunch of friends across the county because of my time there

I may be wrong in my future assessment but the attempt to combine schools says Otherwise … just my opinion on what I heard on Kings Road Extension lol

Lions on all sorts of pages spreading false sense of securities for you bronzed kittens. I mean. We are loaded this upcoming season. So yeah we should be in contention for a state title. But we didn’t need those transfers to be loaded either. And we’ll be pretty dam# handsome the next 4 years. We definitely ain’t scared of what you got.

Reactions: crestrulz
I’m all over pages just having a good time with y’all … I agree Crest will be loaded this season on offense ! Defense will be weaker than well water !

With all the chirping from down that way anything other than a title win is a complete failure …Billy Jack Jim Bob better have his ring camera charged to catch y’all’s crazies planting the for sale sign in the yard when the loss comes round 3 or 4

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty

Sound like @crestrulz, ya'll sharing accounts now?

So I'm guessing this probably puts an end to the rumor of Elijah tillery going to Shelby 🤣
I do t know how that would of started anyway. That kids not making any throws on teams with speed. Not accurate enough and not enough arm strength. He could not start for Shelby.

Sound like @crestrulz, ya'll sharing accounts now?
First off he does not sound like me. We're two different people. He's a people person and I don't care if anyone likes me much less everyone..

Now what you and I both love is the WHINING, but I like all of the LYING better. What are the lies? Glad you asked.

1, No one has come after their players. They left on their own volition.

2. Our coach hasn’t told them anything that he hasn’t told the players who’ve been there

3. When they say they’re not worried………. They Lie.

4.Crest does not have anything coming up.. That’s a LIE Our J.V team was excellent last year and our middle school team was too

There are more but it’d take all day. They can’t figure out that they videoed their way to all this. Those videos is the best tool we have. We just tell people to watch them. I’ve had Shelby fans on these boards tell me that those videos were atrocious. I’d tell you who but I don’t say I won’t say things and then say them. That would make me a liar.

Now all this moving and crap has been going on for years. They’re just not used to it moving but one way, hence all the WHINING and LYING. But I’m going to digress. There is already a 24 page thread over on the 3A board that covers it all.

But I’m going to leave this little video. No one has to watch it all Just watch it from 58 seconds to 1:03 seconds if nothing else. Watch the kid say I live in Boiling Springs while playing at Shelby. This was a few years ago so I am not lying it has been going on for years. They’re just mad because we’re making fun of them and we do have a lot of things going on at Crest that benefits young football players now.

Last edited:
After reading about losing a few kids to other schools this off season and the Crest fans rubbing their noses in it, I contacted a friend connected to the Shelby program. (Not a coach) He confirmed that 6-8 players had transferred out and coaches expect more to leave. He said he thinks kids are chasing rings.

Anyone in the know have details why the Shelby football program seems to be imploding?
Last season i preached also season about our poor coaching, the shelby faithful told me i was wrong. I also asked multiple times why our starting quarterback had no REAL offers. I was told they would come.....

Listen if you want to win a championship, get national exposure, and eventually go to a D1 college, shelby isnt the school for you.

I'd move my kid to Crest or Kings Mountain, and i'ma shelby graduate!

When ware left, our soul left.

We'll need a new coach to change things.

A young one, these kids aren't buying our tradition anymore.

Get with the times Shelby!

Oh yea, our defense is going to be terrible this year

Sophomore QB

Those 3-4 players that left were starters

My nephew, who I wont mention but i'm sure some know who he is, point blank told me the kids aren't fond of the coach.

They were fond of webber.

That's all ill say.

Shelby faithful tell me i'm wrong. Our coach is the best ever because he won championships with stacked teams!

When in the history of shelby football would our players WANT TO PLAY FOR CREST! Bad sign!

Last season i preached also season about our poor coaching, the shelby faithful told me i was wrong. I also asked multiple times why our starting quarterback had no REAL offers. I was told they would come.....

Listen if you want to win a championship, get national exposure, and eventually go to a D1 college, shelby isnt the school for you.

You are a delight..

Lying lips are abomination to the LORD: but they that deal truly are his delight.

Oh yea, our defense is going to be terrible this year

Sophomore QB

Those 3-4 players that left were starters

My nephew, who I wont mention but i'm sure some know who he is, point blank told me the kids aren't fond of the coach.

They were fond of webber.

That's all ill say.

Shelby faithful tell me i'm wrong. Our coach is the best ever because he won championships with stacked teams!

When in the history of shelby football would our players WANT TO PLAY FOR CREST! Bad sign!
Righteous lips are the delight of kings; and they love him that speaketh right.

Now they're going to tell you to leave with them. They'll eat their own despite what they say. I remember when those 3 dudes who post as one berated Shelby Lion for calling their idiot tendancies out on the 4A board. When they were over there talking about dynasty this and dynasty that getting Shelby laughed at over there.

And they think we have to do anything to get folks laughing at Shelby... Y'all have a real CLOWN show going on over there. A 2million dollar clown show...

You come on. I'll let you sit in my seats... Come one - Come all........

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
I’m all over pages just having a good time with y’all … I agree Crest will be loaded this season on offense ! Defense will be weaker than well water !

With all the chirping from down that way anything other than a title win is a complete failure …Billy Jack Jim Bob better have his ring camera charged to catch y’all’s crazies planting the for sale sign in the yard when the loss comes round 3 or 4
You are exactly right. He better win or all the graveyards and running to the scoreboard want be fun any more. There will be a meeting and he will be told you make the call or we will.

Considering you live out of state, and physically haven’t been to a Shelby game or practice in years, you sure do know and talk a lot. You go overboard with your Shelby bashing. Crest and KM haven’t won anything recently. KM has underachieved for damn 30 years now, and please list these big time power 5 D1 commits either has had in recent years.

As I have said before, Shelby does as well as anyone in the county getting players to the next level. Despite the season Shelby had last year. They still had the following to commit:

Hamilton, Furman (D1 FCS)
Boyce, Wofford (D1 FCS)
Berkowitz Elon (D1 FCS)
Griffin, UNC Pembroke
Lee, WSSU

A few others committed as well, and let’s not even mention Santana, Malaki, and them the previous season.

Last edited:
It’s also interesting seeing how KM’s former coach got so much praise, despite doing nothing with stack teams. I too have been critical of the coaching, but the dude ain’t nearly as bad as you Crest clowns make him out to be, and I actually loved the guy’s pregame speeches. The Reidsville and WRH pregame speeches were some of the best I ever heard. I hear him articulate things in a fashion kids today can relate to. Damn sure doesn’t make him BF2. Sit your old asses down somewhere, and humble yourselves. What about that corny, “saddle up” being said and posted all the time from your coaches.

Last edited:
It’s also interesting seeing how KM’s former coach got so much praise, despite doing nothing with stack teams. I too have been critical of the coaching, but the dude ain’t nearly as bad as you Crest clowns make him out to be, and I actually loved the guy’s pregame speeches. The Reidsville and WRH pregame speeches were some of the best I ever heard. I hear him articulate things in a fashion kids today can relate to. Damn sure doesn’t make him BF2. Sit your old asses down somewhere, and humble yourselves. What about that corny, “saddle up” being said and posted all the time from your coaches.
Why so mad bruh?
#SADDLEUP
#HATEUS

LOL........ You are truly vexed...... I guess it's your world and we're just living in it.

You can do like BF2.............. #HATEUS! #SADDLEUP!

Last edited:
Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
LOL........ You are truly vexed...... I guess it's your world and we're just living in it.

You can do like BF2.............. HATEUS! SADDLEUP!
Man came in in here bashing Shelby, and aroused you to point that you started sounding like Billy Graham or someone. Sheesh!

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
Man came in in here bashing Shelby, and aroused you to point that you started sounding like Billy Graham or someone. Sheesh!
#HATEUS! - LOL - He was your guy and he just told the truth....... Plus you're reaching.... Aroused!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! I'm loving every second of it.

#HATEUS! - LOL - He was your guy and he just told the truth.......
In here capping, as these kids would say. Man ain’t been to a game or practice in years, lives in Atlanta. How much can he know from being on this site, and listening to his nephew, following Shelby Lion’s scoring updates. I’m still waiting on this list of power 5 signees Crest and KM has had recently, since he’s “telling the truth” about KM and Crest getting so much more exposure, and sending kids to the college ranks. I think any program would appreciate that output I listed earlier, let alone 2A schools.

In here capping, as these kids would say. Man, ain’t been to a game or practice in years, lives in Atlanta. How much can he know from being on this site, and listening to his nephew, following Shelby Lion’s scoring updates. I’m still waiting on this list of power 5 signees Crest and KM has had recently, since he’s “telling the truth” about KM and Crest getting so much more exposure, and sending kids to the college ranks. I think any program would appreciate that output I listed earlier, let alone 2A schools.
Foster -Clemson
Zanders - Clemson
Adams ~ Davidson of course not power 5
Richardson GWU
Ruff - Charleston Southern
Among many others

Your butt hurt cause Shelby is getting done to Shelby what has happened to other schools in county for years. Enjoy it.

#SADDLEUP
#HATEUS

Reactions: Ifthehorseshoefits
Foster -Clemson
Zanders - Clemson
Richardson GWU
Among many others

Your butt hurt cause Shelby is getting done to Shelby what has happened to other schools in county for years. Enjoy it.

#SADDLEUP
#HATEUS
Exactly.......

Foster -Clemson
Zanders - Clemson
Richardson GWU
Among many others

#SADDLEUP
#HATEUS
Pettis-The Citidal
Eli Brooks-GWU
Kevyon Lockhart-Livingston
Brandon McCall-GWU
Kohle Crocker-UNC Wesleyan

Last edited:
Foster -Clemson
Zanders - Clemson
Richardson GWU
Among many others

#SADDLEUP
#HATEUS
Hollifield Va Tech
Jack Hollifield Va Tech
Scott NC State
Hamrick UNC
Hopper App State
Triplet UNC
Bess Charleston Southern
Davis Western Carolina
Clark Gardner Webb
“As well as many others”