ADVERTISEMENT

What’s Going On At Shelby?

Yep it’s crazy, you remember at HH (Who is running the clock)
Yeah. That lady was on me like sugar on oatmeal. It took me five minutes to figure out it was a woman. She looked like Dusty Rhodes.

Then that 3 foot tall principal. 😂😂. That's far from the worst crazy I have ever been in at a Crest game.

Last edited:
Yeah. That lady was on me like sugar on oatmeal. It took me five minutes to figure out it was a woman. She looked like Dusty Rhodes.

Then that 3 foot tall principal. 😂😂. That's far from the worst crazy I have ever been in at a Crest game.
Dusty Rhodes , tremendous
Safe to say she was not The American Dream if you will !

Last edited:
Reactions: crestrulz
No. It was coach Kirby. He went to Crest. Played for Crest,. Head coach and won 2 rings with the 2003 and 2004 teams. I guess he had his faults like the rest of us. I have no idea what set her off. She just walked onto the field and slapped him. It was sort of sad. He couldn't win no matter how he handled it.
I remember that night her husband got in a fight after game in parking lot both got arrested that night crazy crazy

That wasn’t the last game you went to you crazy son of a gun.

That was when Big Red was at the helm. But that lady ran up to him and jacked his jaw. 😂 I’ll never forget it. 😂😂
Big Red was 1 of the few Coaches that would actually throw Travis Padgett of the team😂 I remember when I was told he was thrown off I was like WTH is he doing over there🤣🤣🤣

Big Red was 1 of the few Coaches that would actually throw Travis Padgett of the team😂 I remember when I was told he was thrown off I was like WTH is he doing over there🤣🤣🤣
Big red didn’t throw Padgett off the team he quit I mean he told me him self big red came to his house twice trying to get him to come back said no I’m concentrate on track

Last season i preached also season about our poor coaching, the shelby faithful told me i was wrong. I also asked multiple times why our starting quarterback had no REAL offers. I was told they would come.....

Listen if you want to win a championship, get national exposure, and eventually go to a D1 college, shelby isnt the school for you.

I'd move my kid to Crest or Kings Mountain, and i'ma shelby graduate!

When ware left, our soul left.

We'll need a new coach to change things.

A young one, these kids aren't buying our tradition anymore.

Get with the times Shelby!
And this horrid conference does Shelby or Burns no favors .

Every year in Cleveland County there is a carousel of kids changing schools....which school has netted the most in the last 10 years? Hard to say...

In regards to Shelby players and getting college exposure, I'd say Shelby has done quite well of late:

Class of 2023
Daylin Lee - Winston-Salem State University
Tyler Boyce - Wofford
Ja'Keith Hamilton - Furman
Jack Berkowitz - Elon
T.J. Griffin - UNC-Pembroke

Class of 2022
Malaki Hamrick - UNC
Santana Hopper - Appalachian State
Sam Baldree - Gardner-Webb
Demetrius Thompson - Winston-Salem State
DeMario Allen - Averett
P.J. Hopper - Averett

Class of 2021
Jack Hollifield - Virginia Tech
Tyler Arrington - Gardner-Webb
Jacari Shell - Gardner-Webb
Shayle Gash - Lenoir Rhyne
Omar Phillips - Jireh Prep Academy

Class of 2020
Ja'Hari Mitchell - Mars Hill
Nick Stites - ECU
Isaiah Bess - Charleston Southern
Spencer Triplett - UNC
Nick Corry - Wingate
Thomas Hougas - The Apprentice School

Class 0f 2019
Jaylon Scott - NC State
Dorian Davis - Western Carolina
Tre Jolly - Western Carolina

Class of 2018
Dax Hollifield - Virginia Tech
Malik McMullens - Gardner-Webb

Every year in Cleveland County there is a carousel of kids changing schools....which school has netted the most in the last 10 years? Hard to say...

In regards to Shelby players and getting college exposure, I'd say Shelby has done quite well of late:

Class of 2023
Daylin Lee - Winston-Salem State University
Tyler Boyce - Wofford
Ja'Keith Hamilton - Furman
Jack Berkowitz - Elon
T.J. Griffin - UNC-Pembroke

Class of 2022
Malaki Hamrick - UNC
Santana Hopper - Appalachian State
Sam Baldree - Gardner-Webb
Demetrius Thompson - Winston-Salem State
DeMario Allen - Averett
P.J. Hopper - Averett

Class of 2021
Jack Hollifield - Virginia Tech
Tyler Arrington - Gardner-Webb
Jacari Shell - Gardner-Webb
Shayle Gash - Lenoir Rhyne
Omar Phillips - Jireh Prep Academy

Class of 2020
Ja'Hari Mitchell - Mars Hill
Nick Stites - ECU
Isaiah Bess - Charleston Southern
Spencer Triplett - UNC
Nick Corry - Wingate
Thomas Hougas - The Apprentice School

Class 0f 2019
Jaylon Scott - NC State
Dorian Davis - Western Carolina
Tre Jolly - Western Carolina

Class of 2018
Dax Hollifield - Virginia Tech
Malik McMullens - Gardner-Webb
Agree with you Bralpa Shelby does put talent on the next level…numerous kids

Reactions: crestrulz
I’ve got Shelby winning a Cleveland county game this fall!

I’d even call it a lock!😜

No way they go 0-3 in back to back years.

I probably should have looked it up first to see if it’s ever happened….but I’ll just go with it without looking….y’all know I love an under dog!😂

Book it!

I’ve got Shelby winning a Cleveland county game this fall!

I’d even call it a lock!😜

No way they go 0-3 in back to back years.

I probably should have looked it up first to see if it’s ever happened….but I’ll just go with it without looking….y’all know I love an under dog!😂

Book it!
So Creek which team will Shelby best this fall in the county ?

• Haha
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Shelby actually went 0-4 last year as they lost twice to Burns.

I'm sure Shelby would love to have the 4th quarter back against Crest and cover Green better.
Ol Green that dude is trouble. He causes defections. I bet yall are over there coaching up a safety and a corner up as you read this. So they can both cover him.

But you’re still going to have 3 more problems to cover. Really 4.

Please dedicate that field house week 3. Please. If y’all win we’ll let our DB coach help you for 4 games. We win we name the field house. We don’t really want your DB coach to help us. I’m sure you know why.

Plus, the one TRUE DYNASTY in N.C. High school football history should be willing to put up a little more while dedicating a 2.5 million dollar field house. In front of their arch rival who can only have weights dumped out of a box truck.

I can talk our people into it. You?

Last edited:
I will admit Crest dedicated their scoreboard and field too didn’t they? Great fireworks show also.

After reading about losing a few kids to other schools this off season and the Crest fans rubbing their noses in it, I contacted a friend connected to the Shelby program. (Not a coach) He confirmed that 6-8 players had transferred out and coaches expect more to leave. He said he thinks kids are chasing rings.

Anyone in the know have details why the Shelby football program seems to be imploding?
why all sudden community talking bout if you want to win a championship u must go to crest?

community not buying shelbys tradition any longer?

why all sudden community talking bout if you want to win a championship u must go to crest?

community not buying shelbys tradition any longer?
No that's not it at all. The Crest fans are running with all this hype and trying to build their program back up. They have not won a third rd game in 8 years and only won one 2nd rd game. It has been really tough on them watching Shelby win four State Championships since their last one and that has took a toll on them.

No that's not it at all. The Crest fans are running with all this hype and trying to build their program back up. They have not won a third rd game in 8 years and only won one 2nd rd game. It has been really tough on them watching Shelby win four State Championships since their last one and that has took a toll on them.
What dates are you at the comedy zone? You funny

We will stick a pin here, and revisit this in the late fall

For your sake you better hope this ages well in the next several months. I will make sure it's part of front page news around here late in the season, especially after your next round 2 exit.

We will stick a pin here, and revisit this in the late fall

For your sake you better hope this ages well in the next several months. I will make sure it's part of front page news around here late in the season, especially after your next round 2 exit.
LOL...... He's very jaded. Trust me.......He already knows and he won't be on here at the end of the season. We're already asking for voulnteers to cut him down out of the tree when the time comes.

i ain’t gotten nothing on crest but they talking like they can fool with the best.

what they got coming on the team to be trash talking hard?

i ain’t gotten nothing on crest but they talking like they can fool with the best.

what they got coming on the team to be trash talking hard?
We don’t anything man. We’re just talking because it’s fun. We got more than Shelby. That’s enough to have fun talking.

We’ll be decent. That’s about it.

Ol Green that dude is trouble. He causes defections. I bet yall are over there coaching up a safety and a corner up as you read this. So they can both cover him.

Please dedicate that field house week 3. Please. If y’all win we’ll let our DB coach help you for 4 games. We win we name the field house. We don’t really want your DB coach to help us. I’m sure you know why.

Plus, the one TRUE DYNASTY in N.C. High school football history should be willing to put up a little more while dedicating a 2.5 million dollar field house. In front of their arch rival who can only have weights dumped out of a box truck.

Nah, we just sent the safety that couldn't cover him over to Crest. We don't have to worry about him covering anyone this year, Crest does:D

You guys had better hope no state legislators read these threads. They’ll be doubling all Cleveland County school’s ADM’s and sending you all to 4A🤣

• Haha
Reactions: BlackKnightNut

I hope they have a Pancake Supper pregame
Week 3 , then dedicate that million dollar field house during halftime.
Please for the love of humanity have this happen.

##SHELBYSUCKS
#HATEUS

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
I hope they have a Pancake Supper pregame
Week 3 , then dedicate that million dollar field house during halftime.
Please for the love of humanity have this happen.

##SHELBYSUCKS
#HATEUS
They don’t have the balls to do that. They’ll dedicate on a sure victory night. When they play the Ray Charles institute or Cherryville

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
They don’t have the balls to do that. They’ll dedicate on a sure victory night. When they play the Ray Charles institute or Cherryville
Probably want have one. Last season we started with a big fancy new scoreboard and nothing was done for it. We just play football at the Blanton.

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
So Creek which team will Shelby best this fall in the county ?
Alright! Penrose….I’ve studied it and it don’t look good on my prediction but I’m sticking with it.

I don’t see any drop off from those 3 Cleveland county teams this fall….for the record…I don’t see any drop off from South Point or West Charlotte either. 3a West will be fun to watch this fall.

Sooo…on paper it don’t look good at all for Shelby…but Im hanging my hat on the fact it’s Cleveland county ball…throw the records out, throw the past out, it doesn’t matter….you just don’t know who might win.

My crazy predictions gives me something to do during the season kinda like all 10 chances I had with West Caldwell last fall.😂

…Imma enjoy watching this prediction play out from afar and for the first time in my life I’ll be pulling for Shelby until they win one!

What have I done?😂😂😂

One thing is for sure…if Shelby loses all 3….imma give ole Shelby Lion pure hell!😉

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT