ADVERTISEMENT

Cleveland County

It wouldn’t be fun without you realville. I’m just glad you like Mayo. 🤷‍♂️ I was more to speaking of the present to the future. Don’t forget we had a coach that literally only ran 3 plays for 5 years. Probably could’ve made a state or 2 if not for that particular coach. It is easier in 2A than 3A. Not taking anything away from your college accomplished players. I know some of them and am proud of them. But here and now things are changing and leaning our way. Along way from August though.
It's not always easier in 2A, there have been years when we've played 2A teams that were better than any 3A we played and you have to remember the 3A teams we play usually make deep runs in the play offs.

It's not always easier in 2A, there have been years when we've played 2A teams that were better than any 3A we played and you have to remember the 3A teams we play usually make deep runs in the play offs.
I agree, not sure a blanket statement of blankA is tougher then blankA, i would venture to say each year a lower A team could find a team in the next classification up they could beat.

I do believe that the 2A and 3A are probably more competitive and closer to the same abilities than the 1A would be to the 2A or the 3A would be to the 4A. The realignment that is possibly coming and creating more classifications may even those out a little.

How come every time someone mentions Shelby Lion its ALWAYS about eating 29 cheeseburgers, too much bbq, too many slices of pizza etc?

Well I aint saying it aint true, but I have feelings people... LMAO

overweight-fat-boy-eat-junk-food-watching-tv-alone-home-overweight-fat-boy-eat-junk-food-watching-tv-alone-home-196205743.jpg

SHELBY LION, ASKING HIMSELF WHY ALL THE FOOD REFERENCES
Skinny Lion!😜

Exactly. I mean SP is the perfect example. Ask Burns how easy 2A is.

Your conference does you no favors at all

you are correct it seems the 2A conference that Shelby and Burns are in does not do any favors for them, I am genuinely curious to how Shelby carried the number 1 seed in the state, season before last with such a weak conference?

we can speculate all we want but I wonder how that Crest team that was beat by Burns last season would have played against that “weak 2A” salisbury, Monroe, or Reidsville team.

in my opinion Burns fans shouldn’t be hurt that bad if a big bad team such as crest comes across town and beats them as the bigger 3A school should be expected to do that.

I could see it being a lot worse if say a team in their 2A conference came down from Rutherford county and beat both Shelby and Burns, and I’m going to be honest with a little money spent it could very well be the case here in a few years, when the “ lottery” system that is applied at certain schools decides it would like to have a winning season and an entire football team with 4.2+ GPA‘s it probably will.

Reidsville= Visor Boy , Walmart Guy , Livermush man and Marlboro Man DADDY !!

Just when thought I knew who all those nicknames where assigned to, I think I may be confused again lol.

Hunter Huss got to move up because they were 50 kids away from 3a,
Rule is u can not move up in less within 50 kids of 3a numbers.
Shelby been nowhere close to those numbers in years..
We want to move up, but afraid we will be nowhere close for while

I believe you mr supper club secretary, you usually has the golden kitty inside scoop.

Last edited:
Exactly. I mean SP is the perfect example. Ask Burns how easy 2A is.

I mentoined before, it was harder for SP in 2A because most 2A teams have more experince with SP offense so they scheme better against it. 3A doesn't see that offense much and it's harder when you dont see it at all in a higher classification.

I mentoined before, it was harder for SP in 2A because most 2A teams have more experince with SP offense so they scheme better against it. 3A doesn't see that offense much and it's harder when you dont see it at all in a higher classification.
I disagree with your assessment Chopper. Crest and Shelby have played SP a lot over the last 10 years and both still struggle stopping the redbone. With skilled linemen that offense usually gives anyone fits, regardless of classification.

I disagree with your assessment Chopper. Crest and Shelby have played SP a lot over the last 10 years and both still struggle stopping the redbone. With skilled linemen that offense usually gives anyone fits, regardless of classification.
And a chop block here and there don’t hurt SP and makes it’s hard to stop.

• Haha
Reactions: SPRaiders78
Maybe, if it wasn't for Shelby maybe they would have won some I dont know. At the same time, the more familiar you are with a team's offense you play better defense against it, especially when you play a few teams with similar styles.

Been a while since I been on here but for the last person in charge of the pony’s didn’t give a reason to chat about anything but the one in charge now has brought a hole meaning of high school football love what he’s doing

Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
I believe you mr supper club secretary, you usually has the golden kitty inside scoop.
I' run Shelby supper club, not Secretary,
Don't worry you never get to be a part of it, even though we know u a undercover lover..
Sad though your not a part of a school or team, all u get to do is play on here

• Wow
Reactions: BIGSAUSAGES
I' run Shelby supper club, not Secretary,
Don't worry you never get to be a part of it, even though we know u a undercover lover..
Sad though your not a part of a school or team, all u get to do is play on here
yes it's said I dont have aspirations of being supper club president gossiping with a bunch of old ladies who look like Buddy Garity types from Friday Night Lights.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
You're right it doesn't, but there isn't a thing we can do about that. We are not close enough in numbers to 3A to move up. It's like in the John Wick movies we have rules, it's what separates us from the animals. Oh, wait a minute you Crest morons are a bunch of animals anyway, never mind and y'all have never followed the rules.

Thanks bro, I know we all hate each other in season, but we all need to set good vibes for these kids,
The world is changing and not in a good way.
I know what you mean, but I don't hate anyone. I just poke fun becuase it's what we do. I don't want Shelby to fold up and I'm not stupid enough to think they ever will. I do not know a lot, but one thing I do know is if everyone is hating on a football program it's probab'y becuase it's handed out a bunch of beat-downs.

Before I go back to poking I must come clean on one thing. I would never pull for Russia or the Taliban to beat Shelby. I'm not real sure but I might be on Shelby's side in a war with midgets (cough cough)......... as hard as that would be for me....

And a chop block here and there don’t hurt SP and makes it’s hard to stop.
Do you mean cut blocks? Chop blocks are illegal. Cut blocks are football 101.
Also....yall can't be serious about 2a vs. 3a.
In regard to SP - it isn't rocket science. Transitioning coaching staff combined with 1-2 years of either moderate talent from one class, and 1-2 key players getting in trouble from another class and there you have SPs four years in 2a.
Shelby got their licks in while they could, but yall didn't want no more. That last game we played yall at in 2a proved that to be true. It would've only gotten worse for you.

Then you have the last two years back in a regular schedule 3a. You think it's harder to play Dudley or East Gaston? A second round 2a "playoff" team we beat 48-6 and it could've been worse. Speaking of....SP has been real nice to EG over the last ten years especially, but EG won't even play SP anymore after 50 years of what I guess is continuous play. That's right - our supposed rival has taken us off the schedule and refused to play football against us anymore.

In regard to SP - it isn't rocket science. Transitioning coaching staff combined with 1-2 years of either moderate talent from one class, and 1-2 key players getting in trouble from another class and there you have SPs four years in 2a.
Shelby got their licks in while they could, but yall didn't want no more. That last game we played yall at in 2a proved that to be true. It would've only gotten worse for you.

Then you have the last two years back in a regular schedule 3a. You think it's harder to play Dudley or East Gaston? A second round 2a "playoff" team we beat 48-6 and it could've been worse. Speaking of....SP has been real nice to EG over the last ten years especially, but EG won't even play SP anymore after 50 years of what I guess is continuous play. That's right - our supposed rival has taken us off the schedule and refused to play football against us anymore.
East Gaston is probaly getting tired of the chop-blocks...

Just hope you keep this energy up later in the season !

Reactions: crestrulz

[/QUO1st I've heard and yes we have been playing each other for 50 years.

March 15 5.30 meeting at the Chargers ranch for the summer calendar gearing up so let’s Saddleup

March 15 5.30 meeting at the Chargers ranch for the summer calendar gearing up so let’s Saddleup
Location? Lunch room? Do we still come in the side door where busses park?

Ill be there.. tell the Horseshoe crowd my eligibility has run out, I dont need a house and my parents dont need a job, but I would like a burger at least for showing up...

Thank you

Ill be there.. tell the Horseshoe crowd my eligibility has run out, I dont need a house and my parents dont need a job, but I would like a burger at least for showing up...

Thank you
So you are saying you are in the portal ?
SL has the best gig , food from all county schools , Shelby fan , Upper Cleveland coaching legend and now wants to be at Crest. Can’t blame him

Thank you
No food no job and no house and no country club Barney peep

Reactions: Shelby Lion
So you are saying you are in the portal ?
SL has the best gig , food from all county schools , Shelby fan , Upper Cleveland coaching legend and now wants to be at Crest. Can’t blame him
Nah no portal I just wanna witness in person the mass influx of overall wearing shoeless swagger that is the horseshoe club meeting !They’re so nervous about Shelby they are even trying to combine Springmore , Boiling Springs and Number 3 to try and compete with the Shelby Lion city park team!!They see what Shelby is bringing the next 6.8.10 years and are trying to create a juggernaut to stop em

Well that’s just the word on the street anyway

Don't matter the facts are the facts. We can all make excuses

Nah no portal I just wanna witness in person the mass influx of overall wearing shoeless swagger that is the horseshoe club meeting !They’re so nervous about Shelby they are even trying to combine Springmore , Boiling Springs and Number 3 to try and compete with the Shelby Lion city park team!!They see what Shelby is bringing the next 6.8.10 years and are trying to create a juggernaut to stop em

Really do not think being nervous about Shelby is the reason.
And would that be Gidney Street ?

Reactions: Shelby Lion

😂 😂 😂 Lion must be drinking that special burger sauce called “Martin sauce.” That Martin sauce will make anybody full of 💩! I bet half those park teams are crest district players anyways.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT