ADVERTISEMENT

Cherokee at Lincoln charter

BravesGWY

Jan 5, 2015
what do we think. Gotta give it to any team still playing. It's gonna be away but cherokee will bring a mass of people. Heard they have a big kid that's skilled. We have no big kids might be a problem.

what do we think. Gotta give it to any team still playing. It's gonna be away but cherokee will bring a mass of people. Heard they have a big kid that's skilled. We have no big kids might be a problem.

I think this will be a great game. You know Cherokee won't quit and continue to push.. I think this will be a very similar score to NS and Cherokee within 10 either way.

Cherokee has to play a complete game to win this one, but I think they have a great chance, especially with the pace and the depth of the bench.

The only thing Cherokee is lacking is size. From what I've heard they start 5 guards and live on quick baskets in transition. I think that Cherokee's main problem for the rest of the way is their lack of size and ability to rebound, having defensive breakdowns (not only do they score 90 PPG but they also give up close to that margin), & their lack of playing a VERY good defensive team yet like Avery who's gave up at most 68 points in 1 game over the past 3 years.

I was about to ask same thing . Surely it will be is there any good sized gyms around them

Yes, the game will be played at North Lincoln High School.

Pulling for you Cherokee. I think this is a good matchup, because they like to play fast and undisciplined as well. The only concern that I see is that they definetly have a quality big guy in the middle and a guard that will be bothered much less than normal by the pressure.

Cherokee did a very good job this when facing a big guy in Kings mountain team and Cottrell from Hayesville. Be interesting to see cause cherokee style is super fast

Pulling for you Cherokee. I think this is a good matchup, because they like to play fast and undisciplined as well. The only concern that I see is that they definetly have a quality big guy in the middle and a guard that will be bothered much less than normal by the pressure.
Alleghany LC is probably the most disciplined team out there. Seriously? They are fundamentally sound a play hard-nosed defense.

Cherokee did a very good job this when facing a big guy in Kings mountain team and Cottrell from Hayesville. Be interesting to see cause cherokee style is super fast

LC big guy is not like Cottrell. Cottrell is a 2 or 3, this guy is a 5. Defensively he hangs around the basic, alters shots and rebounds. Offensively he is all about working around the rim. Everyone from Cherokee will shoot it. If LC plays man then he may have to go to the perimeter where I think he will struggle. I think LC will play a lot of zone.
It should be a good game. I think the two types of defense will decide this game. Cherokee likes to trap full court and as soon as the ball comes in. Lac is more patient and attacks the dribbler. They also run a 1/2 court trap similar to Hayesville's that Cherokee has struggled with at times. LC will be one of the most athletic teams Cherokee has seen. I don't think LC has seen a team as relentless as Cherokee. Should be a good one.

Good Luck to our Braves tonight!!! School is getting out early today and half the town has already left for the game. That town has no idea the traffic coming its way. Safe travels Brave Nation!!!!!!!!

Alleghany LC is probably the most disciplined team out there. Seriously? They are fundamentally sound a play hard-nosed defense.
When I refer to discipline, I was talking about offensive discipline. Honestly I have only saw them play three times, but in those three games, they took lots of no pass and 1 pass perimeter shots, which does not meet my definition of disciplined basketball. My definition of discipline is the way Avery plays.

Either way. Go Braves

Reactions: AHVikingNation
Great game tonight and awesome atmosphere. Yes, Cherokee brought a lot, but Lincoln Charter fan base about matched them. Cherokee has a great basketball team and nothing to feel bad about. They played until the final buzzer. Great win for Lincoln Charter.

Reactions: MDS80
It was great game and a tremendous atmosphere. I just want to thank your student section for waiting until the kids shook hands to wait for the players before celebrating with them. After hearing what our girls went through that was awesome to see. I feel like every player left it all on court for that one. #1 for Lincoln is special

Atmosphere was great. Great game played to the end by both teams. Disappointed that Cherokee coach skipped out on shaking hands with LC coaching staff. Other than that both fan bases were great. Lots of young players on both teams, should bode well for future match-ups?

Didn't see that. Maybe it was just a mistake. Hard played game in about 100 degree gym at a frantic pace. Yes great young players on both teams.

Reactions: EaglePride23
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT