ADVERTISEMENT

Charter Schools

I appreciate his effort, the time he spent on this, and his passion but please do not make mistakes such as, "So, how does it work for a Charter/Magnet school? We will use two schools, Winston Salem Prep, and Bishop McGuiness for examples, just to give us an idea." After this sentence I scanned the rest of it but to list BM as a Charter/Magnet was a huge miss early in the writing. There are a few other statements later in the work that probably have some opinion and fact mixed together.

I appreciate his effort, the time he spent on this, and his passion but please do not make mistakes such as, "So, how does it work for a Charter/Magnet school? We will use two schools, Winston Salem Prep, and Bishop McGuiness for examples, just to give us an idea." After this sentence I scanned the rest of it but to list BM as a Charter/Magnet was a huge miss early in the writing. There are a few other statements later in the work that probably have some opinion and fact mixed together.
You must have scanned that statement also he said that BM is exactly what they are a non boarding parochial catholic school or at least that is what mine said.

You must have scanned that statement also he said that BM is exactly what they are a non boarding parochial catholic school or at least that is what mine said.

No, I read it and see where he went further in the paragraph but the introductory sentence of the paragraph sets the tone.

I should not be nitpicking at it. He put huge effort into it and I commend that but some of the things I noticed would cause many to dismiss him and the work. When you go to battle with the power structure everything will fair game.

In the article, this statement is made:
"If the run that Union Academy (made) in Varsity football is any indication of what is to come then it is not far off."

What is he talking about? Union Academy is usually a sub- .500 team, and has only made it past the first round of the playoffs once if I remember correctly.

Agree. They are not in the mix late in the season. The schools in Union County are pretty good which makes it a little tougher for them. Wonder where most of their kids come from.

I think he may have them mixed up with Thomas Jefferson which smoked UA or the team that beat then the next week, Community School of Davidson.

Reactions: BK13T-$
The first thing that needs to be done is to get the GOP out of running our state government. I am a Republican but you can bet I'll be voting Dem for out state government.

The first thing that needs to be done is to get the GOP out of running our state government. I am a Republican but you can bet I'll be voting Dem for out state government.

What will that do, I do believe the democrats were in charge when charter schools were introduced in NC.

Reactions: AHVikingNation
Jim Hunt was a democrat not a member of the GOP
And Bill Clinton a democrat was president in 1996 .
Yes, but there was a cap of 100 charter schools statewide. And there weren't vouchers for private schools. And there was money for textbooks. And the legislature actually listened to educators instead of thinking that getting elected made them instant experts on education (and everything else).

Reactions: WNCfballFan
Vouchers for private schools need to be done away with. So stupid, put money back into the public schools here in NC. They need is bad.
Charter schools are becoming a real problem for the 1A/2A teams. In 2012 when the last vote to oust the parochial schools was had many ignored the fact that Charters were the real problem.
I believe Tango made some comments about them, now the problem is here. My question is, if another vote is had do you vote out just the parochials who are only 3 schools which if you move McGuiness up a class really don't have a huge impact on small schools, or do you take the charter schools too? That's a question I've always wondered.

Reactions: WNCfballFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT