ADVERTISEMENT

Charter schools

My point is that you're accusing a charter school of "recruiting" when it is happening in your own home.
That's not recruiting kids lol they actually moved to Maiden. Y'all don't require kids to move y'all can take them in from around 25 mile radius if not more. And maiden isn't recruiting basketball 🤣🤣 it's not even a sport maiden is known for or that most Maiden people even pay attention too 🤣🤣. Baseball is probably bigger at Maiden than basketball. Once again public schools have districts and rules while charters have no districts and no rules on bringing in kids

If you don't believe they were "recruited" mid-season and allowed to join this team and play over kids who have been there the entire season, then I have some ocean front property in Tennessee to sell you.

Reactions: Dadof23
If you don't believe they were "recruited" mid-season and allowed to join this team and play over kids who have been there the entire season, then I have some ocean front property in Tennessee to sell you.
Out of anything u wanna call maiden out on basketball is the most ridiculous one to come up with 🤣🤣 and through out the state their are plenty of kids who's families move all of the sudden and that kid joins a new school and is allowed to participate in athletics. Not like it's a unique or rare situation. But no matter what they have too e and live in that's schools district

It is not ridiculous, sounds like I struck a nerve.
No not a nerve more like a funny bone 🤣. I love having spirited debates on here. But if ur coming at maiden with basketball. It's not worth the effort or brain cells to even entertain you 🤣🤣

I love a good ole debate too. I have lots of friends in Maiden and attend church there. Love me a good burger from Don's grill.

I love a good ole debate too. I have lots of friends in Maiden and attend church there. Love me a good burger from Don's grill.
What are the kids jersey # so I can even see the stats. But I'd be surprised if even 10% of Maiden pays any attention to basketball. We have never been a basketball school.

That's not recruiting kids lol they actually moved to Maiden. Y'all don't require kids to move y'all can take them in from around 25 mile radius if not more. And maiden isn't recruiting basketball 🤣🤣 it's not even a sport maiden is known for or that most Maiden people even pay attention too 🤣🤣. Baseball is probably bigger at Maiden than basketball. Once again public schools have districts and rules while charters have no districts and no rules on bringing in kids
AMD, when they Wolves played the Blue Devils at Maiden there was a rather large crowd that was heavily invested into the matchup. As a matter of fact, if my information is correct, this matchup took place within a week of the new player addition for the Blue Devils. If that’s the case, there may be a new Guinness Book of World Records for the home purchasing process!

Reactions: Dadof23
The kid that came from Lincolnton played in Christmas tournament for the wolves and then started the New Year with Maiden. He could be renting from someone. 🤷🏽

@flyrod5518 could of been moved to a rental property. I honestly can't tell u who these kids are whats their names ?? Isn't anyone in this area that can say we are a basketball school.

Reactions: flyrod5518
I know lincolnton had that situation in football years back kid left cherryville and came to lincolnton either last game of season or for the playoffs. If I'm remembering this correctly.

Reactions: flyrod5518
I don't really follow basketball but same applies to play at Maiden they had to move to maiden
So, if a player did transfer to Maiden but didn't actually live in Maiden district, would you be okay with that? Asking for a friend

So, if a player did transfer to Maiden but didn't actually live in Maiden district, would you be okay with that? Asking for a friend
I believe maiden follows all state and local policies and rules and if said player is playing at mAiden then everything is done by the rules and policies

Now my personal opinion is the state and local counties should allow open enrollment and then at least the same rules will apply to everyone

Also it's not about keeping the the schools the way they are, it's more about using the funds and resources to help the existing schools we have.
Right...You will never convince this guy because it goes against what he wants.
I'm only familiar with Cleveland County but I'm sure there are many more counties like them....they want to (and have) made up their own rules in order to recruit/gang up in sports. It's as transparent as you can imagine and always under the guise of "better academics" or "better surroundings"....but 100% of them play sports and each parent THINKS their kid is a 'dude' in sports. 100% of the time that is the case no matter what bootleg scenario one brings up. Everything revolves around sports or else instead of KM or Crest the kid would be going to Highland Tech or somewhere like that.
How many big time athletes we got transferring into HT because they need better academics or surroundings?!??!?!? lol - smh.

Right...You will never convince this guy because it goes against what he wants.
I'm only familiar with Cleveland County but I'm sure there are many more counties like them....they want to (and have) made up their own rules in order to recruit/gang up in sports. It's as transparent as you can imagine and always under the guise of "better academics" or "better surroundings"....but 100% of them play sports and each parent THINKS their kid is a 'dude' in sports. 100% of the time that is the case no matter what bootleg scenario one brings up. Everything revolves around sports or else instead of KM or Crest the kid would be going to Highland Tech or somewhere like that.
How many big time athletes we got transferring into HT because they need better academics or surroundings?!??!?!? lol - smh.
Sorry I missed this gem of a post. If I’m the guy, what do I want?

From someone struggling to use a message board concept invented last century, while admitting they aren’t aware of all facts they are disputing. That is something. This is related to the previous post.

Calling somebody a beta male because they're not gonna internet argue with you as much as you internet argue with them is a pretty impressive lack of self-awareness.

If this is the best our discussion of very relevant political issues can get, then it's no wonder we've elected clowns to lead our circus.

Last edited:
Calling somebody a beta male because their not gonna internet argue with you as much as you internet argue with them is a pretty impressive lack of self-awareness.

If this is the best our discussion of very relevant political issues can get, then it's no wonder we've elected clowns to lead our circus.
Having read none of the thread you decided to pick this moment to cast judgement. Shrewd move.

Shrewd move for what? Trying to win imaginary internet points?

I've seen the thread evolve from the beginning. After going back and reading it all in one go this morning, it struck me how the vast majority of the information presented is ad hominem attacks. I'm surprised you didn't call out my grammatical mistake and tell me how it invalidated any argument one might possibly have had.

If you are going to go with personal attacks, then at least display some wit. "moms of liberty is back" is at least worth a chuckle.

Reactions: Capcity49
Shrewd move for what? Trying to win imaginary internet points?

I've seen the thread evolve from the beginning. After going back and reading it all in one go this morning, it struck me how the vast majority of the information presented is ad hominem attacks. I'm surprised you didn't call out my grammatical mistake and tell me how it invalidated any argument one might possibly have had.

If you are going to go with personal attacks, then at least display some wit. "moms of liberty is back" is at least worth a chuckle.
I didn't care about your grammatical mistake when you were showing a shocking lack of awareness of how things transpired in this thread. But you picked a side for some reason.

Everyone get your head out of the sand. Recruiting goes on everywhere. I know it happens at at the schools in my area in ENC. And as far as Charter School lotteries go, I’m pretty sure if a 5 Star QB was in the lottery, they would be accepted. It is what it is. I’m shocked this kind of stuff goes on. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And as Andy Griffith says, “Y’all act like y’all got some smarts.”

Everyone get your head out of the sand. Recruiting goes on everywhere. I know it happens at at the schools in my area in ENC. And as far as Charter School lotteries go, I’m pretty sure if a 5 Star QB was in the lottery, they would be accepted. It is what it is. I’m shocked this kind of stuff goes on. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

And as Andy Griffith says, “Y’all act like y’all got some smarts.”
Lincoln Charter about 7-8 years ago had a 7'2 kid apply, get a lottery number, was #1 in the lottery, and did not get his number called because of no seats available for the grade. Not sure that would have happened anywhere else, but it did happen. And, at the time, he was a big time player and college prospect.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT