ADVERTISEMENT

Charter schools

To where it belongs to the general assembly. Ask your teachers and coaches about who is pushing charters and why but no need to discuss this with you. You got it. đź‘Ť.
They gave options. Something that should be encouraged instead of the one size fits all model. Especially when that model shuts down for a year. Feel free to wuss out at your leisure.

Reactions: state8392
They gave options. Something that should be encouraged instead of the one size fits all model. Especially when that model shuts down for a year. Feel free to wuss out at your leisure.
Charters is a way to hire non certified staff and or not provide transportation and or lunches. This is a way for cheap NC to be cheaper. So you say school choice. Ok then just let choice transfer state wide. Poof no need for charters. But that would mean no money for Phil Berger Also charters are now a way to segregate some students from others. And wuss out. Boy you ain’t got enough mud on your cleats to even try to talk like that. Now go get your shine box

Charters is a way to hire non certified staff and or not provide transportation and or lunches. This is a way for cheap NC to be cheaper. So you say school choice. Ok then just let choice transfer state wide. Poof no need for charters. But that would mean no money for Phil Berger Also charters are now a way to segregate some students from others. And wuss out. Boy you ain’t got enough mud on your cleats to even try to talk like that. Now go get your shine box
Wuss wasn’t my first choice but I know the board has rules and all. Rhymes with it though. I’d welcome school choice state wide and charters because the kids deserve options. You can represent the opposite. History has judged those well that fought to keep the status quo with schools. Feel free to join them and scream at the next group trying to better themselves.

Wuss wasn’t my first choice but I know the board has rules and all. Rhymes with it though. I’d welcome school choice state wide and charters because the kids deserve options. You can represent the opposite. History has judged those well that fought to keep the status quo with schools. Feel free to join them and scream at the next group trying to better themselves.
🙄 whatever boy. And those who take away from the needy have a bad history rap

Full retreat and beta mood has been engaged. Way to go.
You got that shine box yet. Crest charger 02. Hmm full idiot mode. See you at the clinic. Let me guess you are not a teacher or coach. But you win the Message board tough guy. Good for you

Last edited:
For one homeschool kids don't get free choice of where they participate in athletics. They have to play in their district. 2nd I actually have no issue with charter schools in principle. I'm for educational choices that best fit families. My only issue is the loose regulations on athletics compared to public school guidelines. Like I said before I think charter schools should just focus on education.

You got that shine box yet. Crest charger 02. Hmm full idiot mode. See you at the clinic. Let me guess you are not a teacher or coach. But you win the Message board tough guy. Good for you
Fragments left and right, along with some random capitalization. You took that L personally apparently. When you have calmed down and done some research you can come try again.

The NCHSAA has statewide guidelines for transfer eligibility for athletics. That organization doesn’t govern other extracurricular activities. I suspect your attorney friend would be able to explain the difference.
I know the NCHSAA transfer guidelines. Most people on the boards dont even know the rules and that includes some coaches that dont know the transfee rules. Trust me or not but I have had to explain it to several coaches lol. Anyway, that has nothing to do with above comment on a local education board discriminating because a potential transfer may have played a sport in the past.

For one homeschool kids don't get free choice of where they participate in athletics. They have to play in their district. 2nd I actually have no issue with charter schools in principle. I'm for educational choices that best fit families. My only issue is the loose regulations on athletics compared to public school guidelines. Like I said before I think charter schools should just focus on education.

It isn't just loose regulations with athletics. Charters have a whole different playbook they get to play by and the laws the state keeps passing targeting schools don't even apply to charters. The whole "choice" argument really is just smoke screen. If the state would give LEAs the tools they need we wouldn't need charter schools.

It isn't just loose regulations with athletics. Charters have a whole different playbook they get to play by and the laws the state keeps passing targeting schools don't even apply to charters. The whole "choice" argument really is just smoke screen. If the state would give LEAs the tools they need we wouldn't need charter schools.
Smoke screen for what? Some people want options for their kids and type of school they go to. Or you trying to trot out that debunked racism nonsense again?

Smoke screen for what? Some people want options for their kids and type of school they go to. Or you trying to trot out that debunked racism nonsense again?

Public education is the highest expenditure in the state. There is no money to be made in public education. The party that wants 0 corporate taxes is in charge. Charter schools get to play by different rules. Private schools are being allowed to receive tax dollars. Wealthy people are being allowed to receive vouchers that were intended for low income families. Charter schools are few and far between in low income areas and are being built in metropolitan areas.

If you can't figure it out from there, your mind is too simple to figure it out and you can keep buying the snake oil choice message.

Connect the dots junior.

Last edited:
I personally think if people are honest with themselves as far as education goes. U can look at a student body and see how many are truly college kids and who are not. And let's be honest the ones who are not interested in school we should use their senior year as a vocational training year. Let them fully Learn skilled trades like electrical and plumbing, mechanical trades. This would give these kids a year head start on a career that is actually financially well paid. And honestly probably better than the kids who went to college.

Public education is the highest expenditure in the state. There is no money to be made in public education. The party that wants 0 corporate taxes is in charge. Charter schools get to play by different rules. Private schools are being allowed to receive tax dollars. Wealthy people are being allowed to receive vouchers that were intended for low income families. Charter schools are few and far between in low income areas and are being built in metropolitan areas.

If you can't figure it out from there, your mind is too simple to figure it out and you can keep buying the snake oil choice message.

Connect the dots junior.
Since we are connecting dots and all you can research how much individual income taxes contribute compared to corporate. So that nonsense really doesn’t matter how low or high they want to go with that.

All we are left with is boogeyman chasing, random points and again dancing around the debunked racism you pushed last time.

If you can’t do a better job of voicing your “thoughts” on the matter then go back to cut paste approach you had last time.

• Haha
Reactions: Thunder_struck8712
I personally think if people are honest with themselves as far as education goes. U can look at a student body and see how many are truly college kids and who are not. And let's be honest the ones who are not interested in school we should use their senior year as a vocational training year. Let them fully Learn skilled trades like electrical and plumbing, mechanical trades. This would give these kids a year head start on a career that is actually financially well paid. And honestly probably better than the kids who went to college.
There are places that have embraced something like this. I think kids leave with an associates when finished. Cleveland Early College HS, is the one locally I believe.

Since we are connecting dots and all you can research how much individual income taxes contribute compared to corporate. So that nonsense really doesn’t matter how low or high they want to go with that.

All we are left with is boogeyman chasing, random points and again dancing around the debunked racism you pushed last time.

If you can’t do a better job of voicing your “thoughts” on the matter then go back to cut paste approach you had last time.

I knew the dots would be too hard to connect for you. Simple. Mind.

And corporate taxes do matter when the state in 5 years says "we don't have any money".

I knew the dots would be too hard to connect for you. Simple. Mind.

And corporate taxes do matter when the state in 5 years says "we don't have any money".
That’s fair. Not sure how they will overcome the drop in something that represents 5% of their overall tax collections. Maybe they will only ran a surplus again of another $3B.

That’s fair. Not sure how they will overcome the drop in something that represents 5% of their overall tax collections. Maybe they will only ran a surplus again of another $3B.

5% of tax collections are on corporations. Sounds like the burden is on the wrong folks then. Guess you're cool with that.

I'm sure you think trickle down economics was effective

Assuming you voted for Joe biden....have you heard the guy you voted for speak? LOL

You obviously choose to ignore the other guys blunders of recent weeks. Of course you've not been made aware of them likely since you probably watch my guy good your guy bad media. Maybe you'll buy some over priced sneakers.

Both are old, and both need to go to the house and take the elders in Congress with them.

You obviously choose to ignore the other guys blunders of recent weeks. Of course you've not been made aware of them likely since you probably watch my guy good your guy bad media. Maybe you'll buy some over priced sneakers.

Both are old, and both need to go to the house and take the elders in Congress with them.
oh my guy is not perfect by no means....just better than what is in the office now

• Haha
The State was broke under Perdue and the Democrat Legislature we haven't been broke since both were replaced.

Perdue sucked but that was also during the recession. Amazing how we forget that.

Now we brag about a rainy day fund that just sits. What good are tax dollars if we aren't getting them back?

Reactions: beamer24 and sammyk
I'm not getting down in the weeds over candiates and if you conscious can support someone that owes over $400 million in court judgements and is on pace for 3 jury convictions and want to keep believing it's a setup then whatever. Go give him more of your money.

If your convinced you supplying the tax burden over multi million and billion dollar corporations that reap tax payer benefits while believing sitting on your hard earned tax dollars when there are so many needs in the state is the way to go, then you're already lost.

You've been suckered and gaslit like heck

Reactions: mtnpack
Perdue sucked but that was also during the recession. Amazing how we forget that.

Now we brag about a rainy day fund that just sits. What good are tax dollars if we aren't getting them back?
Well when floods, hurricanes, fires, etc... hits its nice to not be broke. My pay has went up alot as a state employee since 2011. The issue is inflation which our legislature is not responsible for.

Now the Legislature is not without blame as they like all politicians like to pad their pockets which is why I vote against the incumbents in primaries. Usually does no good but for principle sake I do.

Well when floods, hurricanes, fires, etc... hits its nice to not be broke. My pay has went up alot as a state employee since 2011. The issue is inflation which our legislature is not responsible for.

I'm not saying completely drain savings as they are needed but they've not touched the "rainy" day fund for any of the natural disasters that have happened in recent years. Meanwhile our homeowners insurance is sky rocketing as a result of these disasters with a 43% rate hike that was requested and luckily denied but who knows where that will go from here. The rich get richer, the middle get poorer.

Now the Legislature is not without blame as they like all politicians like to pad their pockets which is why I vote against the incumbents in primaries. Usually does no good but for principle sake I do.

If we could start pushing out incumbents, especially those that have been there a long time, no matter the party it would go a long way to waking politicians up and would force them to do for the people in order to stay in power.

Reactions: beamer24
Sorry what's happened to public schools in NC is criminal sorry.
www.chalkbeat.org/2019/6/11/21108318/critics-of-charter-schools-say-they-re-hurting-school-districts-are-they-right/
www.warrenrecord.com/opinion/article_02c2e4f0-62cc-11ee-9328-0b462ae1d111.html
www.lawyerscommittee.org/n-c-general-assemblys-attempt-to-legislatively-re-segregate-public-schools-is-illegal-lawsuit-declares/

This is like the old saying if you throw a frog into a boiling pot of water the frog will jump out but if you put it into a cold pot of water and slowly hear the water up the frog will stay in the water until it boils to death. Thats what the GA is doing to public education in NC. People talk about choice which is a farse. All the GA has done is underfund and deplete monies that should go to public schools. Now as a person who has had three kids educated in this state and a person who cares about this state why would the GA try and screw the students of this state? My guess is the Charter school lobby pays them to do so. And has anyone ever really looked at how the Charter schools are performing??????? Anyone ??

Last edited:
Sorry what's happened to public schools in NC is criminal sorry.
www.chalkbeat.org/2019/6/11/21108318/critics-of-charter-schools-say-they-re-hurting-school-districts-are-they-right/
www.warrenrecord.com/opinion/article_02c2e4f0-62cc-11ee-9328-0b462ae1d111.html
www.lawyerscommittee.org/n-c-general-assemblys-attempt-to-legislatively-re-segregate-public-schools-is-illegal-lawsuit-declares/

This is like the old saying if you throw a frog into a boiling pot of water the frog will jump out but if you put it into a cold pot of water and slowly hear the water up the frog will stay in the water until it boils to death. Thats what the GA is doing to public education in NC. People talk about choice which is a farse. All the GA has done is underfund and deplete monies that should go to public schools. Now as a person who has had three kids educated in this state and a person who cares about this state why would the GA try and screw the students of this state? My guess is the Charter school lobby pays them to do so. And has anyone ever really looked at how the Charter schools are performing??????? Anyone ??
Nothing says fair and open minded like an article with “critics say” as your starting point.

“All the talk of choice is a farce.” Followed by no reasons why, just because.

Speculation about the “charter school lobby” with no facts.

“Underfunded and deplete” based on no facts.

Finalized with no facts about performance.

Oof you had 12 hours to come up something and that is the best you could do.

Nothing says fair and open minded like an article with “critics say” as your starting point.

“All the talk of choice is a farce.” Followed by no reasons why, just because.

Speculation about the “charter school lobby” with no facts.

“Underfunded and deplete” based on no facts.

Finalized with no facts about performance.

Oof you had 12 hours to come up something and that is the best you could do.
OKAY. But go get your shinebox anyway boy. Are you a teacher or coach??? If so is it at a charter school?? If not then stfu
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJzNUydlQ4I

www.forbes.com/sites/petergreene/2022/09/19/gop-aims-to-remove-charter-school-accountability-rules/?sh=30df3d4b25f2

Last edited:
OKAY. But go get your shinebox anyway boy. Are you a teacher or coach??? If so is it at a charter school?? If not then stfu
www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJzNUydlQ4I

www.forbes.com/sites/petergreene/2022/09/19/gop-aims-to-remove-charter-school-accountability-rules/?sh=30df3d4b25f2
It doesn’t take a teacher or coach to understand why people want options for their kids. Just desperation at that point for you to try that. Still no facts presented for any of your opinions. Finally a reference that didn’t end up well for that mobster in Goodfellas.

I would expect some folks on this thread to act better than this!!
Well since I might be the longest poster on this site I will say I am sorry for my part in posting how republicans are destroying public education in NC. I will not bring it up again

Well since I might be the longest poster on this site I will say I am sorry for my part in posting how republicans are destroying public education in NC. I will not bring it up again
Especially when you learn that charters are public schools. If you are capable of such things.

Reactions: Dadof23
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT