ADVERTISEMENT

Canton Floods

PisgahBear9975

Oct 20, 2016
The Pigeon River has flooded again in Canton! Last time was 2004 when Hurricane Francis and Ivan came through. Football stadium, softball field, and baseball field are all under water! Most of the downtown is under water too!

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: beamer24 and 91ths
Stay safe guys. I was working in canton during the last one. It was a mess. I was telling people today this reminded me of that one in 04.

Reactions: PisgahCatamount07
Heard that somewhere up on 1-40 was closed due to mud slid. West bound. Any confirmation on this.

Reactions: 91ths
My prayers go out to everyone down there. I love following Western/Mountain NC football. Prayers sent from West Virginia and my dad’s people were from Haywood County. I been trying to reconnect our family tree to down there. If anyone knows any Hannah’s pass on my prayers. Thanks and may god keep you all safe!!!

Reactions: Vik-Val 86
Ok thanks for info. My brother is staying up in Weaverville and suppose to head back tomorrow to Tennessee. He may have to take a different rout.
I think I-40 is open now. There is a Facebook page called WNC Road warriors. They usually have current info on that page. I-40 was closed
for a mudslide.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vik-Val 86
The Pigeon River has flooded again in Canton! Last time was 2004 when Hurricane Francis and Ivan came through. Football stadium, softball field, and baseball field are all under water! Most of the downtown is under water too!
Wow stay safe!

Prayers to everyone effected. Sad to see this flooding again.
After 2004 I never thought we would see one like that again. Actually I hoped we never saw it again. I believe right after the 2004 floods is when both schools got turf fields. They were both just recently replaced again. I’m sure it wasn’t good for it.

After 2004 I never thought we would see one like that again. Actually I hoped we never saw it again. I believe right after the 2004 floods is when both schools got turf fields. They were both just recently replaced again. I’m sure it wasn’t good for it.
Thought in 06 game with Shelby it looked like natural grass.

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
North Carolina US&R Task Force 3 (Charlotte Fire Department) is in Canton this morning conducting water operations and damage assessment, unless they were diverted this morning. Breaks my heart to see this again. Brevard and Transylvania County got hit hard as well. Rodman has been flooded out since Sunday Night.

Reactions: RealStihl

There's a pic of the field in that story it looks bad.

Sad, sad, sad situation there in Canton. I pray all will be okay for all you folks. That field doesn't look like it will host any games this year, and I hope I'm wrong for those kids and fans sake, but that is horrible. Prayers to all!
It will NOT host any home games this year... East Canton is decimated. (Bethel, Cruso, Dutch Cove, The Backside, Love Joy, Lake Logan, etc.) Please God. Praying they find all the missing 🙏

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT