ADVERTISEMENT

Burns

Our win percentage, the number of people at home football games, the number of kids going out for varsity, the number of kids willing to stay and play for us rather than transfer to crest.....oh wait, you meant with the coach search......lol

Our win percentage, the number of people at home football games, the number of kids going out for varsity, the number of kids willing to stay and play for us rather than transfer to crest.....oh wait, you meant with the coach search......lol

Heard that was a down hill slide also......

What I hear, is it's down to 2 people. One currently on the Burns staff and one on the Golden Lion's staff. I think at least one of them had their second interview today. Maybe both of them.

OUCH!

You are telling me with the success at burns that would be the best two guys. I would think they would have had a ton of applications . seems like settling to hire an assistant of losing team.

And yes know them both very well..stand by my statement. Looking at it objectively lawndog....didn't mean to upset you

And yes know them both very well..stand by my statement. Looking at it objectively lawndog....didn't mean to upset you
Oh no SL not upset at all bud. This is what message boards are for . Everyone has an opinion . I appreciate the response . I know one of the finalist and feel he will make a great head coach....that would be coach cog. My opinion is based on watching a lot of practice, interactions and games the last few years. I'm sure Blanton is feeling a lot of pressure to get this one right. No apology needed my friend. If we all agreed messages boards would be pretty boring and congrats on your state title. Are u a little worried about the prospect of losing Devine as DC if he is chosen .

Reactions: burnsbulldogtweeter
You are telling me with the success at burns that would be the best two guys. I would think they would have had a ton of applications . seems like settling to hire an assistant of losing team.
I'm not sure how many applicants we had this time around but it was a very strong group that interviewed.

Sorry team with losing record.
We had a losing record but we're by no means a sorry team. Those boys gave it all they had and came up short for a variety of reasons. I have never really been around a better group of kids . I guess we will see you guys in October and it will be a better game than the last couple .

You can call him an assistant on a losing team if you want to. But he's been around through the good and bad years. The Troy Goss years, the Lance Camp years, and the Matty Beam years. He has been a true bulldog his entire career. He has seen what it takes to be successful. He'll be just fine if chosen.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Well i talked with couple of Shelby coaches and they said they weren't interested in job at Burns.
I was told from insiders that it was between former Burns coach, and Merritt that played at Burns and coaches elsewhere...

Well I guess since you're from Shelby, you know more about our program than we do. It is between a current assistant from both Burns and Shelby. Think what you want.

Gee get your self out of a up roar....im just adding what was told to me.
I could give rats azz what happens at Burns.
Good luck to u guys...im just surprised any body from Shelby was after i talked to 3 that said they wouldnt....

I am pretty confident Coach Devine applied. As to who went on to round 2 i'm really not sure. I have heard it was Merritt and have heard it was Devine. I am expecting an announcement this week as to who the new hire is.

Im excited for the annouuncement. Shelbyfan, thanks for your input on what you heard. Sounds like we have the 2 candidates narrowed down to 3 people. I am very ok with 2 of them and dont know the 3rd at all. Regardless, I hope the new guy busts butt in the weight room and gets the kids to buy in early. High schools are ran almost like colleges these days, gotta sell yuorself to the kids and get them to commit to the team........that or go to Crest :)

Im hearing it is narrowed down to 2 and possible announcement on Monday! Cant wait, Ready for the new face lift at Burns. Im happy with either guy and confident they will get us in the right direction!

MG you are the kind of fan who will kick us when we are down and beat your chest proudly when we r winning. Here's a thought - stay home next fall on Friday nights. All of bulldog nation would appreciate it .

MG you are the kind of fan who will kick us when we are down and beat your chest proudly when we r winning. Here's a thought - stay home next fall on Friday nights. All of bulldog nation would appreciate it .

967dd87ae25d5762f2a67df85329550f.jpg

Shelby's def cord would be better off to stay where he is. That would be a demotion not a step up. It would be like Clemson's def cord being offered the head coaching job at Carson Newman.

Shelby's def cord would be better off to stay where he is. That would be a demotion not a step up. It would be like Clemson's def cord being offered the head coaching job at Carson Newman.
Why don't you tell him that Hitman. I guess it was a step down for Beam too...right ?

Well it's obvious that Shelby has a better program than Burns. But some people like the challenge of being the head coach that built and sustained a program. We're not hand fed our teams in Lawndale. Our demographics aren't near as good as Shelby, Crest, or even KM. It's amazing to me that we've been as good as we've been for numerous years. I would love for either one of the candidates to get their shot.

I hear we have got a new coach. But I'm not going to release it here until it's officially released. Let's just say, it's on of the two guys we were talking about.

Why don't you tell him that Hitman. I guess it was a step down for Beam too...right ?

N Lincoln would be a step up to anywhere LD. Not a good argument my friend. Besides I was just agitating the fan base. I hope Burns gets a good coach and improves the program it makes the county better as a whole to have all competitive teams.

Happy Day in Lawndale, I am excited for a new opportunity and a new coach. I support our new coach 100% and would have been fine with either choice! I like both the men that it was apparently narrowed down to. Both are outstanding coaches and men. Time for kids to suck it up and start busting their butts in the weight room and get bigger, faster, and stronger!

Reactions: BleedBurnsBlue
Very happy to see Devine come back to Lawndale and get a fair share this time around. Coach Cogdil is a great man and I'm sure he will welcome Devine back as well. I hate one of these guys had to come in 2nd but a decision had to me made. It's yet another era of Burns football, and I couldn't be more excited.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT