ADVERTISEMENT

Cam newton 7 on 7

sammyk

Oct 26, 2001
Ok this is what I was talking about the way our sport is going. The back pack coach is now on deck.

• Haha
Reactions: beamer24
Ok this is what I was talking about the way our sport is going. The back pack coach is now on deck.
We won the Cam Newton tournament back when Palmeri was the Coach at the Creek. Probably one of the most unorganized events I’ve ever experienced. His dad was yelling like a nut the entire day on the intercom system ... We ended up winning the event and waited for over an hour in the gym, for him to present the trophy. He never showed up.

Last edited:
I wonder if he will have the Cam Newton classic again. Bring in another team from NC to compete against an Georgia team like Butler did.

We won the Cam Newton tournament back when Palmeri was the Coach at the Creek. Probably one of the most unorganized events I’ve ever experienced. His dad was yelling like a nut the entire day on the intercom system ... We ended up winning the event and waited for over an hour in the gym, for him to present the trophy. He never showed up.
Be glad his dad didn't show up. Last year he broke the trophy given to Butler.

• Haha
Reactions: nepsy7 and beamer24
This is the way of the game now. This is the same as AAU and Showcase ball in baseball and basketball. It's in the early stages but eventually it will take it over. Less accountability for players, coaches and all involved. "Do it for the gram" mentality, and even that is taking a turn and less about the play I made and more about how bad can I emberrase somebody. To be fair it's not just the athletes, it's most of their generation. The importance of moral lessons has been slipping in sports (not just football) for a while now and it's starting to come to the light. But back on track…. It is going to take over the sport. Players aren't held to standards and are able to switch with ease at the first sign of any adversity. Coaches side of this, You are constantly fighting the “but my 7v7 coach says to do it this way” or personal trainer, why fight that battle when you can go coach 7v7 and I believe it will have, if it doesn't already, higher earning potential (references to stipend only not teaching) and most of the time get to travel free of charge. Also management of the roster is probably much easier and investment time is probably way less.

This is the way of the game now. This is the same as AAU and Showcase ball in baseball and basketball. It's in the early stages but eventually it will take it over. Less accountability for players, coaches and all involved. "Do it for the gram" mentality, and even that is taking a turn and less about the play I made and more about how bad can I emberrase somebody. To be fair it's not just the athletes, it's most of their generation. The importance of moral lessons has been slipping in sports (not just football) for a while now and it's starting to come to the light. But back on track…. It is going to take over the sport. Players aren't held to standards and are able to switch with ease at the first sign of any adversity. Coaches side of this, You are constantly fighting the “but my 7v7 coach says to do it this way” or personal trainer, why fight that battle when you can go coach 7v7 and I believe it will have, if it doesn't already, higher earning potential (references to stipend only not teaching) and most of the time get to travel free of charge. Also management of the roster is probably much easier and investment time is probably way less.
Glad I am close to retirement

Reactions: Capcity49
A complete shame. This is what Cam Newton gets for giving up his life and dedicating his time to help the kids?

I would completely abandon both Atlanta and the concept of football. If he gets this now, what won't he get somewhere else from another group of people?

In football, there will always be trash talk. You don't need to be in this industry if you can't take the criticism and the significant loss. Particularly when kids are around. This particular opponent is not a role model or a leader.

Even his own people were jumping on Cam. And after the fact, a letter saying "this is not who we represent" is released by the opposition staff. Buddy, you didn't abruptly alter your mental state. You inflicted harm upon your own people. Get out of here!

An absolute clown show. I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw this story break.

Scam Newton 7 on 7, confirmed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT