ADVERTISEMENT

Best Jobs in NC

What would you say are the biggest knocks on the job? facilities?
What made it so great and has diminished now-a-days?
I just think that albeit a good job Page is not the job it was 10 -15-20 years ago. Its a good job and a top 20 job in 4A just not a top 5 or top 10 job. So you can look at it a number of ways. How does page stack up in these area with some other teams
1. Pay
2. Talent
3. Facilities
4. Admin
5. County (how the politics of the county works with you or against you)
6. Location (where it is located as far as is it in a nice area to live).
7. History
8. Booster club
9. Fan support
10. Ability to attract quality assistant coaches
11. Athletic Director

So I would look at these to say hey this is a good job or not. I am not by any means putting page down, its a good job just not top 10 right now

Last edited:
Reactions: Champ_24
I will go ahead and side with Sammyk on this one. Talent is not what it was in 80's, 90's, 00's or even early 10's. It is not a hot commodity any more. It is just the reality of what it is right now. Cyclicly, they are down, but it does not mean that they will not turn it around.

• The facilities are average, even though you have the turf and the scoreboard. I
  • The admin is strong, but maybe too strong. Rumor is that the principal wants to win so bad that he is heavily involved in the day to day operations. This may not be the case, but can make it tough.
  • No One can deny the history and tradition of the program from Kirby to Gillespie. It is just not there any more. I am afraid that the new coach will have a hard time juggling and managing the program as a whole to create his own culture. This is where he lack of experience (do not get offended) may be troubling.
  • Booster Club is constantly sitting on a ton of money.
  • Fan Support - I have been to a game there and the amount of disarray at the top of the bleachers with the kids has had to have a negative effect on families bringing their youngsters out to support the tradition.
  • Ability to attract quality assistants? I do not know the answer to this one. I am not sure if he will or will not get quality guys on board.
  • Athletic Director - Former coach, but close with former head coach. Is this good or bad? Will he help the new guy?

Reactions: sammyk
Well Well I got a little info from my guys back in Winston. I would have to revise my list on the new set of facts and revise my list I would move East Forsyth to #2 then Move West down to #25 then move everyone up a spot

Well Well I got a little info from my guys back in Winston. I would have to revise my list on the new set of facts and revise my list I would move East Forsyth to #2 then Move West down to #25 then move everyone up a spot
What causes this change?

I will go ahead and side with Sammyk on this one. Talent is not what it was in 80's, 90's, 00's or even early 10's. It is not a hot commodity any more. It is just the reality of what it is right now. Cyclicly, they are down, but it does not mean that they will not turn it around.

• The facilities are average, even though you have the turf and the scoreboard. I
  • The admin is strong, but maybe too strong. Rumor is that the principal wants to win so bad that he is heavily involved in the day to day operations. This may not be the case, but can make it tough.
  • No One can deny the history and tradition of the program from Kirby to Gillespie. It is just not there any more. I am afraid that the new coach will have a hard time juggling and managing the program as a whole to create his own culture. This is where he lack of experience (do not get offended) may be troubling.
  • Fan Support - I have been to a game there and the amount of disarray at the top of the bleachers with the kids has had to have a negative effect on families bringing their youngsters out to support the tradition.
  • Ability to attract quality assistants? I do not know the answer to this one. I am not sure if he will or will not get quality guys on board.
  • Athletic Director - Former coach, but close with former head coach. Is this good or bad? Will he help the new guy?
Alot of these points you noted are a plus. I'd rather the booster club have money, compared to no money......

Just to comment on the fan support "disarray" part is bogus. Parents and alums know how important some of these games are to the more diehard fans. The only thing keeping folks from attending is weather or the product on the field and not the fan support.

With new ideas and young blood coaching the program added on to a new school being built soon. The facilities will be top of the Triad and near top in the state. Things are going to flip sooner rather than later.

Reactions: PagePirate1989
They've had a solid season for the past nine years and then what happens at the dance? They have not won a Big Mac since.
At least you’re consistent. Clueless on anything about football from any program, and consistently trolling. 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Last edited:

I've never seen any " disarray " at Page, Grimsley, Smith, Dudley, Ragsdale, Southwest, Western, Northwest, Northern, Northeast, Eastern, Southeast, or Southern. Ditto for High Point Central and High Point Andrews.

At least you’re consistent. Clueless on anything about football from any program, and consistently trolling. 🤷🏾‍♂️😂
I can only be as consistent as the consistency that was established in 2015

I can only be as consistent as the consistency that was established in 2015
You’re a troll, and all your post are trolling different programs. That's It! Creek Won a State Championship in 2015, 9-3 in 2016, and went back to the State Championship and 2017, finished 14-1. If only you had goals for yourself, like you do for the creek. You could potentially come from under that rock and establish a life. Carry on imbecile! 🤷🏾‍♂️😂

Last edited:
Schools Id consider "top jobs" in no real order as mentioned on 1A board

Freedom- Always seems to attract a good coach from across the state. Mountain life has its benefits

Scotland County- always good, good support, and I hear the pay is nice

Eastern Alamance- good support and talent pool, but we will see how SE Alamance figures into that equation.

Dudley- History. Talent. HUGE stadium. Decent pay. Needs better practice set up from the one I see on 29 every day

East Forsyth- Talent rich area, small town support. Parking is trash.

Richmond County- good support, delusional at times. always have talent

Reidsville/Shelby- Kings of the small school constituency. Great facilities, history, school and town support

Havelock- Not sure about overall support, things get tricky towards the coast. Good talent, you are at the beach practically.

Charlotte Catholic- even a Baptist or Methodist would apply. Talent, support, and Im sure pay is pretty pretty pretty good
Pay at Catholic is less than public school. Certainly lags behind CMS for teaching and probably in stipends.
Page could be a top 20 job in 4A let me see
1. Mooresville
2. West Forsyth
3. Grimsley
4. Pinecrest
5. Millbrook
6. Leesville Road
7. Hoggard
8. East Forsyth
9. Clayton
10. Weddington
11. Mt. Tabor
12. Myers Park
13. Butler
14. Wake Forest
15. Chambers
16. Page
17. Marvin Ridge
18. Audry Kell
19. Hough
20. Richmond Co
How is Catholic not a top 20 job? Unless pay is the main factor.

Reactions: nepsy7
Pay at Catholic is less than public school. Certainly lags behind CMS for teaching and probably in stipends.

I think this is more for coaches that have been in the NC system and working toward the magic 30 year retirement although one guy did list CC. Definitely a lot of positives working for The Pope.

Last edited:

Pay is for sure a factor. You know I respect CC and this is just an opinion nothing more nothing less.

Reactions: CatholicCougs14
Not a bad thought to retire from NC and then coach there tho.
This is what many NC retired teachers and coaches do. Retire and go somewhere else . My play is to retire from NC then move to VA where you can make $90K to teach and coach. I will teach and coach punters kickers and snappers. Get vested then at 62 hit the trail

Reactions: Capcity49
Ok I have coached in Gaston, Catawba, WS Forsyth, Guilford, Randolph, Wake and Johnston so I have been fortunate to see many parts of the state and coached against a lot of teams.

4A- West Forsyth: In Open enrollment county with a lot of talent in and around WS/Forsyth county. Great community support , booster club with a lot of money and very good facilities and grounds. Coaches Pay very solid for NC
4A- Millbrook: Magnet school in the very rich talent area of Raleigh. Very good history with a dedicated admin. Coaches Pay is good but county supplement is best in the state.
3A- Kings MTN: District spans over two counties (Cleveland and Gaston). Great support great facilities. Might be the best kept secret in NC. Coaches pay is not bad from what I hear
4A-Mooresville: Growing district just north of Charlotte. Facilities are top notch and the fan following is very good. Has access to a great talent base. Coaches pay not sure
4A-Clayton: Has fantastic weightroom very good facilities, dedicated town based community. Close to talent bases in Wake county Knightdale and Garner. Coaches pay gets summer hours so almost an 11 month pay
4A- Grimsley: Not the Grimsley of 2010 but the Grimsley of the past 6-7 years. Possibly one of the best stadiums, historic field house, quality weight room. Access to a ton of Guilford county talent and the pay is competitive in NC
4A- Weddington: Good talent spill over from Charlotte. One would assume booster club has solid financials. Seems to be backed pretty well from Admin. Pay I am not sure but Union County pay is low compared to the rest of the places listed.
4A- Hoggard: Are they ever bad?? Also in an open enrollment county. Coujty supplement is similar to Wake county. Always has solid athletes. Nice facilities and its by the beach.
I wish Hoggard was open enrollment. They are not. NH Co has open choice but they only let a few hundred kids move around and if they think it is athletically driven they will deny it. Hoggard has very few kids living outside their district lines. New Hanover HS is the smallest HS in the county and they have been able to have open enrollment.

Schools Id consider "top jobs" in no real order as mentioned on 1A board

Freedom- Always seems to attract a good coach from across the state. Mountain life has its benefits
Freedom is not in the mountains.

AC Reynolds is and it's a better job than Freedom.

With the crest job opening up where does it fall on yalls lists? I think it has to be up there.

Idk, I've heard some rumblings over there that sports have been too important for too long and priorities might be shifting. In regards to Cardinal Gibbons.

Idk, I've heard some rumblings over there that sports have been too important for too long and priorities might be shifting. In regards to Cardinal Gibbons.
They still will benefit from not having any other real big private schools competing with them for kids. Ravenscroft is small and there's no PD, Christian, Country Day that really can pull students from them. Even with that shift, they'll be fine.

Reactions: New3ra
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT