ADVERTISEMENT

Grimsley

So do you not think the portal want help fill some of those holes? Or is it just to much to fill?
I'm sure they will get guys transferring in, its a given at this point. But trying to fill those holes with that much production, will be very hard.

Nobody in Metro 4A will come close to Grimsley. With RB Summers(2000 yds and 42 TDs), QB Brandon(3000+yds, 37 TDs and just 3 pics) and DE Bryce Davis(Top 50 recruit nationally), Whirlies won’t see much drop off, if any.

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra and Warhead1
Nobody in Metro 4A will come close to Grimsley. With RB Summers(2000 yds and 42 TDs), QB Brandon(3000+yds, 37 TDs and just 3 pics) and DE Bryce Davis(Top 50 recruit nationally), Whirlies won’t see much drop off, if any.
I agree in the metro 4a they will be fine but I’m talking statewide out deep in playoffs will they go?

Does Summers have any offers ?

I agree in the metro 4a they will be fine but I’m talking statewide out deep in playoffs will they go?
Seeding is so important when it comes to playoffs. Grimsley at home vs Weddington would have been a different story perhaps. I know we wouldn’t have watered the field so heavily😛

With returning players, I don’t see a probable regular season loss next year. D-1 Receivers departure is not the doom of the program as some seem to intimate. QB Brandon, who just added FSU to his offers, will be a ‘seasoned’ junior who distributes the ball well and his growth should compensate somewhat for the loss of Taylor and Anderson. Would not be surprised to see a WR transfer, though.

Does Summers have any offers ?
I know there has been some interest from CIAA schools and some other D-2 schools. His size doesn’t catch the eye, but he is usually the toughest, most physical player on the field Friday nights. Metro 4A Offensive POY.

Reactions: onioncfb
Can't see how A&T and APP State let Summers get away..kid is a certified BALLER

Seeding is so important when it comes to playoffs. Grimsley at home vs Weddington would have been a different story perhaps. I know we wouldn’t have watered the field so heavily😛

With returning players, I don’t see a probable regular season loss next year. D-1 Receivers departure is not the doom of the program as some seem to intimate. QB Brandon, who just added FSU to his offers, will be a ‘seasoned’ junior who distributes the ball well and his growth should compensate somewhat for the loss of Taylor and Anderson. Would not be surprised to see a WR transfer, though.
I agree with everything you said except about weddington...I think they were def better team

Where did anyone say the 2 wideouts leaving would doom the program? I'm just saying that very high level of production will be hard to replace. Think about the quick slants or any of those jump ball situations. Think about how big and physical they are and how much that helped the run game. Think about the punt and kick off returns they scored for TDs. These little things add up, especially when you lose 2 of them.

Reactions: New3ra

That is ridiculous. It’s called rain buddy. Don’t be a sore loser.

That is ridiculous. It’s called rain buddy. Don’t be a sore loser.
It rained on Tuesday, which ended a long dry spell that some meteorologists described as a drought. Still muddy three days later? I thought Weddington wealth would have provided for a well drained field. It was within their right to water their field as they see fit. Nothing illegal. Ethical…..hmm.

It rained on Tuesday, which ended a long dry spell that some meteorologists described as a drought. Still muddy three days later? I thought Weddington wealth would have provided for a well drained field. It was within their right to water their field as they see fit. Nothing illegal. Ethical…..hmm.
It rained several days before and the field is 23 years old. Weddington’s wealth doesn’t have anything to do with it. That’s some nonsense. Just bitter that you didn’t have a home playoff game and couldn’t get past your cursed away playoff losing streak.

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
This type of stuff is nothing new. This type of gamesmanship happens in the playoffs. I know Grimsley hasn't been on multiple runs in a row in many many years where the chances of something like this happening to you hasnt come up until recently. It might seem unethical, but some schools/coaches water the playing surface many hours before every single game, playoffs or not. Some like the dirt under the grass to be a bit softer (not muddy, just softer).

well you are right about home field advantage. That got Grimsley the 1 point win last year. You lost your credibility with the watered field BS ! Your boys couldn’t get on the bus fast enough they were just tired of getting hit in the mouth ! I could point out some examples but I won’t . You got whipped have some class in defeat !

Reactions: pioneer2020
The Qb isn’t the best of Runners and most of the veteran OL will be gone and on top of all that the top 2 WRs who were good at adjusting to bad balls thrown by the QB are now gone…and there’s nobody left in Greensboro to fill those voids unless someone would transfer from Dudley(that ain’t happening)

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra and onioncfb
The Qb isn’t the best of Runners and most of the veteran OL will be gone and on top of all that the top 2 WRs who were good at adjusting to bad balls thrown by the QB are now gone…and there’s nobody left in Greensboro to fill those voids unless someone would transfer from Dudley(that ain’t happening)
What if dudley OC leaves do u think that would open up transfers from dudley?

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra and Crestuff
Me biggest question about Grimsley is why don't they schedule better non conference competition ot at least travel and go to VA and play someone in the 757, he'll even DC metro. Or why not schedule a top team from GA or SC?? Or why not at least schedule Reidsville, Dudley? With the amount of talent they put on the field year in and year out. What gives? Is Coach afraid of being EXPOSED!! Do he like just picking up easy wins? I look at the top schools in 4a esp the Charlotte metro area. All teams TRAVEL!!! Butler went to Atlanta and beat #8 ranked Langston Hughes. Weddington beat Dutch Fork. Mallard Creek lost to #3 Buford 10-7. I just don't get why not Grimsley

Me biggest question about Grimsley is why don't they schedule better non conference competition ot at least travel and go to VA and play someone in the 757, he'll even DC metro. Or why not schedule a top team from GA or SC?? Or why not at least schedule Reidsville, Dudley? With the amount of talent they put on the field year in and year out. What gives? Is Coach afraid of being EXPOSED!! Do he like just picking up easy wins? I look at the top schools in 4a esp the Charlotte metro area. All teams TRAVEL!!! Butler went to Atlanta and beat #8 ranked Langston Hughes. Weddington beat Dutch Fork. Mallard Creek lost to #3 Buford 10-7. I just don't get why not Grimsley
Non-conference was Rolesville(#1 in 4A East), Mt. Tabor and Reagan - both made playoffs. Not so lucky as Charlotte to be close to top SC schools.

DC and Northern Va? 💰 send some.

Reactions: btango
And Weddington flew an illegal drone above the field on the 50 yard line for the entire game. Stealing signals like Belichick and Big Blue?

Non-conference was Rolesville(#1 in 4A East), Mt. Tabor and Reagan - both made playoffs. Not so lucky as Charlotte to be close to top SC schools.

DC and Northern Va? 💰 send some.
If the excuse is Grimsley isn’t close to South Carolina like Charlotte teams then schedule a Virginia team. Chambers went up to VA to play while Butler went to Maryland to play St. Johns a few years ago. It comes across as Grimsley is content on beating non conference teams they are more talented than rather than test themselves against superior opposition. Its a shame for Grimsley to have that much talent and not want to really test themselves non conference.

Won’t be a heavy flow of transfers this season people are starting to figure out how they operate and it’s not clean as the picture they paint plus community, parents, an people behind the scenes are talking!!

If the excuse is Grimsley isn’t close to South Carolina like Charlotte teams then schedule a Virginia team. Chambers went up to VA to play while Butler went to Maryland to play St. Johns a few years ago. It comes across as Grimsley is content on beating non conference teams they are more talented than rather than test themselves against superior opposition. It’s a shame for Grimsley to have that much talent and not want to really test themselves non conference.
They played Rolesville after all the prime time players left, lol good strategy we all know they duck the smoke!!

Afraid of being exposed you hit it on the nail!!

Where did anyone say the 2 wideouts leaving would doom the program? I'm just saying that very high level of production will be hard to replace. Think about the quick slants or any of those jump ball situations. Think about how big and physical they are and how much that helped the run game. Think about the punt and kick off returns they scored for TDs. These little things add up, especially when you lose 2 of them.
The only WR’s in the state with no division 1 DB’s in they conference to battle against, production is easy when your in one of the weakest conferences in the state, no other team in NC has won conference 7 years straight lmbo, don’t make it look so obvious!!

What if dudley OC leaves do u think that would open up transfers from dudley?
We will finally see that coaches are definitely not the best at the G, helmets (10), uniforms (10), blue lights (10), coaching (5), winning games don’t mean your the best coaches it means you run plays with some of the best out of district kids in your county!!

Reactions: New3ra
Whats the outlook next year for Grimsley? How much are they returning etc?

Won’t be a heavy flow of transfers this season people are starting to figure out how they operate and it’s not clean as the picture they paint plus community, parents, an people behind the scenes are talking!!

Won’t be a heavy flow of transfers this season people are starting to figure out how they operate and it’s not clean as the picture they paint plus the community, parents, an people behind the scenes are talking the makeup is wearing off!!

Really? Explain

Yes, I agree, people are talking but that's it. IMO, nothing can stop what is happening at all amateur levels and in all sports. Truthfully, it's been going on for years. Maybe not to the extent that we are seeing today but the current state of high school athletics has been brewing for years.

No one is clean these days and everyone knows it. I think that is part of why nothing will change. "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone." No one can cast that stone because they are all guilty in some way and smart enough to know it. This is a football board and football is the cash cow for most schools so it gets a lot of attention when a good player moves but if the truth be known, a school with a good girls basketball program, or a good wrestling program, or a good baseball program gets transfers too. It's epidemic.

There is no one thing that got to this point. In no particular order I've seen weak school boards cave to parental demands for transfers, dishonest parents lying about where they live or using a relative's address to get into a particular district, boosters paying rent for families to relocate (which at least they moved), special academic programs like IB used for athletic purposes, etc. One of the most extreme examples I've seen was custody transferred to someone so a player could transfer.

I don't have an answer. All I know is it is a sad times for us traditionalists.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT