ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at Hibriten

Hibriten hasn’t been tested at all this year so no way to say how we will perform against this caliber of competition... We have struggled at times with sloppiness on offense and stopping the pass on defense when other teams QB’s have had the time to pass the ball.... We do have athletes on both sides of the ball and on special times

2A Conference 40
Burns
East Gaston
Shelby
Bessemer City (1A)
Cherryville (1A)
Highland Tech (1A)
Thomas Jefferson (1A)

3A Conference 52
Ashe County
Freedom
Hibriten
Alexander Central (4A)
South Caldwell (4A)
Watauga (4A

Burns 947 East Gaston 860 Shelby 827 Bessemer City 622 Cherryville 508 Highland Tech 554 No ADMs for Thomas Jefferson

Ashe County 907 Freedom 1275 Hibriten 1015 Alexander Central 1432 South Caldwell 1659 Watauga 1462

I hate seeing this as a first round game but it's fitting for this year I assume. I think you obviously has to give Hibriten the edge in this one if for nothing more than playing in Lenoir. But Burns will definitely be the best team by far Hibriten has played all year and Burns has been in nothing but battles basically all year, so that edge goes to the Bulldogs.

This is the one team I didn’t want in the first round. That is not out of Fear it’s out of Respect. Last year was my first time going up to Lenoir and what an atmosphere they have up there. I knew Hibriten would be back in the mix this season but a better and more experienced version. Burns is extremely young. 7-8 9th/10th graders playing. Would love this to be a round 3-4 game. Play who lines up in front of you. This bracket is tough. Maiden is solid and having a good year.

I hate seeing this as a first round game but it's fitting for this year I assume. I think you obviously has to give Hibriten the edge in this one if for nothing more than playing in Lenoir. But Burns will definitely be the best team by far Hibriten has played all year and Burns has been in nothing but battles basically all year, so that edge goes to the Bulldogs.

LOL yeah ... about that. They didn’t seem interested in that line of thinking just last season. Welcomed them into our home and they were very rude guests — decided to thoroughly kick our ass in front of the Lenoir faithful !

am i the only one NOT excited that the reward for winning/surviving this game is a date with Maiden ?!

it’s going to be a war to get out of the bottom half of this thing. I’ll switch with Pisgah and take the 8 seed right now 🙂
I don't think Salisbury will be a pushover they played in the championship last year and returned alot.

I don't think Salisbury will be a pushover they played in the championship last year and returned alot.

IIRC wasn’t their state title run more a product of the bracket falling their way ? caught some breaks with weaker teams ?

imo always explained why the championship was a total mismatch, and why i haven’t paid them much attention this season — maybe i’m wrong about that

IIRC wasn’t their state title run more a product of the bracket falling their way ? caught some breaks with weaker teams ?

imo always explained why the championship was a total mismatch, and why i haven’t paid them much attention this season — maybe i’m wrong about that
Yeah the East was pretty weak much like this year. But Salisbury did look the part just their offense was inept. But they were supposed to be returning alot from that team.

I'm gonna be coming up to this Burns / Hibriten game but it's gonna be a really bitter sweet trip for me. My dad & I always went to games together, he passed away last June and the last real "road trip" game we went to together was the Burns / Hibriten game in 2019. I can't wait to get up there, but it's gonna be a little tough on me. Just hoping for a good ballgame!

Yea no matter who wins this game it’s still going to be a dog fight through the bottom of this bracket. I think Salisbury definitely doesn’t need to be slept on. They lost two tight games to ND and Oak Grove. In all honesty though, I’m just worrying about Hibriten right now.

I'm gonna be coming up to this Burns / Hibriten game but it's gonna be a really bitter sweet trip for me. My dad & I always went to games together, he passed away last June and the last real "road trip" game we went to together was the Burns / Hibriten game in 2019. I can't wait to get up there, but it's gonna be a little tough on me. Just hoping for a good ballgame!

this is really good ! preciate you sharing that — no doubt he’ll be there with you. i’m sorry for your loss.

Yea no matter who wins this game it’s still going to be a dog fight through the bottom of this bracket. I think Salisbury definitely doesn’t need to be slept on. They lost two tight games to ND and Oak Grove. In all honesty though, I’m just worrying about Hibriten right now.

that makes two of us ! jury’s still out on this defense — are they legit ? or just been able to get away with sleepwalking/ going through the motions because it’s been 6 weeks of games vs the little sisters of the poor ?

seen it go both ways over the years

Looks like a rivalry might sure enough be forming here! What’s the verdict with this years Hibriten team?
Most definitely tough first round matchup!!! But Hibriten is ready and know what they up against! Cant help with strength of schedule but big players step up in big games! And people will see how stuff this defense is Friday! Stifling!!!! And I must add, both starting LBs are back!

I agree they got the easier road to the championship. They did have to beat a couple of teams they probably should not have. I dont think they are as good this year personally.

3 years out of 5 Burns has to travel to Lenior in the playoffs. Who will win the rubber match? I'm with everyone else ....not ideal for the dogs. Hibriten has won every game in blowout fashion but have not played a team as good as the dogs. We lost bad in 16 but I can't remember a nicer fan base. After a big win they didn't gloat but were humble and complimentary.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT