ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at Hibriten

Perkzs cafe on the right on Highway 18 if you're traveling North. It's just after the Speedway gas station. The food is AWESOME! They are HUGE supporters of Hibriten athletics. Chic Fil A is also a big supporter. Edit: I didn't see your post, Beamer.

Wow I didn’t see that Smokin Hogs BBQ closes that’s where I went before so I guess Perks Cafe or Hannah BBQ are 2 options I would pick from
Yeah, Smokin Hogs closed the doors. It was one of my favorite "before the game" spots. Extremely nice people ran that place. Hannah's is good, it's just hard getting in and out and they have such limited parking and seating. Great food, though!

Yeah, Smokin Hogs closed the doors. It was one of my favorite "before the game" spots. Extremely nice people ran that place. Hannah's is good, it's just hard getting in and out and they have such limited parking and seating. Great food, though!
Ate at Smokin Hogs last trip I made up to Hibriten. Place was so good. Hate that they've closed

As we end the night before both teams step on the field want to wish Burns Good Luck and safe travels tomorrow as we prepare for a great game on the field.... Hope it’s as good as it looks on paper and players can come out injury free and let the best team move on to next week.... I’m not sure who will win honestly and not going to make any predictions

I want to hear some predictions from the Hibriten faithful, y’all haven’t said much this week!

I think this will be a good game, I think it’ll be high scoring. Hibriten has caused a lot of turnovers this year and have capitalized by scoring on nearly half of those. This is my biggest area of concern for Burns. We have been probed to throw forced balls into coverage and right to the defender. If we protect the ball I think we will be just fine. If we turn it over and we shoot ourself in the foot it could get sloppy. Hibriten is too good of a team for us to have TO’s and still win. Our defense will show up to play though and I don’t think Hibriten has seen a D that can get to the ball like ours.

I just hope for an injury free game and the boys leave it all on the field tomorrow!

I think it will be a close game. I’m going to go with the bulldogs 41-38
But, @beamer24 moonlights as a ref, whenever Hibriten plays a strong, formidable team like Burns at home, in the playoffs. He called a chop block on Dax, on a touchdown in ‘17. I’m just kidding. This will be a great game. Shamefully, a good team’s season will end tomorrow. I do think the Panthers are for real, but I’m going with a battle tested Burns in a close one.

Last edited:
I think this game will be a shootout honestly. What I feel like could be a difference maker is experience. Burns has been in close games a lot this year, Hibriten hasn't been at all. I'll take that experience in a close game..

Burns 45
Hibriten 42

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I don't think the game will be high scoring. Mackey is a defensive coach. I think since he's been at Hibriten only Freedom with BJ Emmons and Burns with Pryor last year has a team scored more than 28. Could be wrong I was last year I would have never thought we would give up 300 yds to a back and 50 points.

3 years out of 5 Burns has to travel to Lenior in the playoffs. Who will win the rubber match? I'm with everyone else ....not ideal for the dogs. Hibriten has won every game in blowout fashion but have not played a team as good as the dogs. We lost bad in 16 but I can't remember a nicer fan base. After a big win they didn't gloat but were humble and complimentary.
Will be PULLING for those DOGS tonite.

Turnovers will be the difference in this game as I think both teams will be able to put up some points against the other defense!!! I would say score will be somewhere near 31-27 area!!!!

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Burns has one hudge defensive end in #44 And what seems to be a very fast defense. Don’t see hibriten getting to the edge much in them. Betcha see a lot off middle stuff from our #44. Wonder how much both these teams really are gona score on each other??

Both defenses are as advertised but Hibritens defense has not been on the field as much. We have to execute. Making too many mistakes when we have opportunities. Credit Hibritens defense to that as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT