ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at Hibriten

Not sure we “got outplayed”. They made a few more play but game was relatively closely played. Snap over punters head! We make that tackle inside 5, that’s a touchdown. We defend the 3rd and 20 or so pass on their scoring drive! Different game... Burns can say same thing on several plays, but to me getting outplayed is being pretty much dominated. Great game between 2 great teams we just happened to be on very short end. Definitely some questions on last drive play calling. This new conference will be stronger but it still won’t prepare us for Cleveland County football. You can’t make mistakes and you have to bring it on every possession.

Not sure we “got outplayed”. They made a few more play but game was relatively closely played. Snap over punters head! We make that tackle inside 5, that’s a touchdown. We defend the 3rd and 20 or so pass on their scoring drive! Different game... Burns can say same thing on several plays, but to me getting outplayed is being pretty much dominated. Great game between 2 great teams we just happened to be on very short end. Definitely some questions on last drive play calling. This new conference will be stronger but it still won’t prepare us for Cleveland County football. You can’t make mistakes and you have to bring it on every possession.
I agree with what you said. I don't necessarily think Hibriten was outplayed. I think it really came down to experience. Burns had been in those types of games & knew how to respond, Hibriten didn't. That was the difference to me. Cleveland County football is just different.

Reactions: ohio tarheels
I do think there is talent sitting that should be playing. I really question some of the play calling on offense Friday night, but we really got outplayed by a team that was better prepared for a challenging game. I agree that our schedule has hurt us due to the lack of getting hit back, a lack of defensive opposition that challenged us to score and simply playing hard for 4 quarters. I believe that a more difficult schedule coming up will better prepare our team for the playoffs.

and i’m sure it’s really difficult to run a 2 minute drill in practice when the kids have never felt what it’s like to actually be in that situation.

it did make me nervous to hear that starters weren’t playing 4Q in blowout games (which is every game). i i know you want to protect against injury, but in a short season getting enough reps to be playoff ready is a big deal.

I agree with what you said. I don't necessarily think Hibriten was outplayed. I think it really came down to experience. Burns had been in those types of games & knew how to respond, Hibriten didn't. That was the difference to me. Cleveland County football is just different.
Same issue next year for the Dogs as we will be in the most pitiful conference in the state.

Don't misunderstand, when I say outplayed, I mean that Burns made a critical extra-point and Hibriten did not. I was at the game, and that's what I saw. Burns blocked the first attempt, then stuffed a run to stop the "go for two" attempt. Neither team was blown out, it was a nail-biter, for sure, but we were outplayed, hence the score, 13 to 12.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Here are the two respective conferences:

2A Conference 40
Burns
East Gaston
Shelby
Bessemer City (1A)
Cherryville (1A)
Highland Tech (1A)
Thomas Jefferson (1A)

3A Conference 52
Ashe County
Freedom
Hibriten
Alexander Central (4A)
South Caldwell (4A)
Watauga (4A

Burns 947 East Gaston 860 Shelby 827 Bessemer City 622 Cherryville 508 Highland Tech 554 No ADMs for Thomas Jefferson

Ashe County 907 Freedom 1275 Hibriten 1015 Alexander Central 1432 South Caldwell 1659 Watauga 1462

I do think there is talent sitting that should be playing. I really question some of the play calling on offense Friday night, but we really got outplayed by a team that was better prepared for a challenging game. I agree that our schedule has hurt us due to the lack of getting hit back, a lack of defensive opposition that challenged us to score and simply playing hard for 4 quarters. I believe that a more difficult schedule coming up will better prepare our team for the

I do think there is talent sitting that should be playing. I really question some of the play calling on offense Friday night, but we really got outplayed by a team that was better prepared for a challenging game. I agree that our schedule has hurt us due to the lack of getting hit back, a lack of defensive opposition that challenged us to score and simply playing hard for 4 quarters. I believe that a more difficult schedule coming up will better prepare our team for the playoffs.

and i’m sure it’s really difficult to run a 2 minute drill in practice when the kids have never felt what it’s like to actually be in that situation.

it did make me nervous to hear that starters weren’t playing 4Q in blowout games (which is every game). i i know you want to protect against injury, but in a short season getting enough reps to be playoff ready is a big deal.
Exactly!!!💯💯❤👑

You got to remember! This is the same OC that had a 4,000 yard career rusher, that only gave him the ball 8x in the western finals against shelby 2yrs ago! He dosen't have a clue wht he's doing!ijs

Here are the two respective conferences:

2A Conference 40
Burns
East Gaston
Shelby
Bessemer City (1A)
Cherryville (1A)
Highland Tech (1A)
Thomas Jefferson (1A)

3A Conference 52
Ashe County
Freedom
Hibriten
Alexander Central (4A)
South Caldwell (4A)
Watauga (4A

Burns 947 East Gaston 860 Shelby 827 Bessemer City 622 Cherryville 508 Highland Tech 554 No ADMs for Thomas Jefferson

Ashe County 907 Freedom 1275 Hibriten 1015 Alexander Central 1432 South Caldwell 1659 Watauga 1462

burns (2A) has more kids than ashe (3A)

Finally found the stats for the game from the Hickory daily record

Team Stats

First Downs: Burns 9, Hibriten 15

Rushes-yards: Burns 31-166, Hibriten 47-166

Comp-Att-Int: Burns 4-13-0, Hibriten 3-5-0

Passing yards: Burns 94, Hibriten 57

Fumbles-Lost: Burns 2-1, Hibriten 4-1

Penalties-yards: Burns 10-80, Hibriten 8-50

Finally found the stats for the game from the Hickory daily record

Team Stats

First Downs: Burns 9, Hibriten 15

Rushes-yards: Burns 31-166, Hibriten 47-166

Comp-Att-Int: Burns 4-13-0, Hibriten 3-5-0

Passing yards: Burns 94, Hibriten 57

Fumbles-Lost: Burns 2-1, Hibriten 4-1

Penalties-yards: Burns 10-80, Hibriten 8-50
Shows just how close this game was. I'm curious what the difference in time of possession was... Seemed like Hibriten had the ball all night. Burns' scores were quick

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT