ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at Hendersonville

I think Burns has a good enough Passing Defense they just gotta somehow find a way to put up 30 points to win this one.
Yea I think this one might turn into a shootout of sorts. Typically with mountain teams they don't have the same speed teams down around here do but I don't that's the case with Hendersonville. They'll match Burns speed. It's cliche to say but whichever team doesn't turn it over and doesn't have the stupid penalties wins.

This is kinda the spot Burns has found themselves in the last couple of years honestly. In 2019 going up to Hibriten in the 2nd round & then to North Lincoln in the 3rd round. Then this past spring going back up to Hibriten in the 1st round and finding ways to win all of those. This feels like a really similar game. Burns has started figuring out how to win these type games. They definitely won't be intimidated by having to go on the road in big games. On the flip side Hendersonville won't be fazed by having this kinda team coming up the mountain either. This is definitely one of if not the best game in round 2.

Last edited:
Bearcats are very well rounded. Big front, solid defense, speed and talent in all positions and I assume Burns probably is as well. Probably a shootout… as has already been mentioned. This game may be decided on the defensive side of the ball for whoever ends up with the Win.
Good Luck to both… but I’ll have to pull for the local Hendo men on this one.

After playing Hendo last year,( knowing it's bout same team). And playing Burns last week, this will be a good one..
Team speed, idk maybe toss up, do think Hendo be bigger on line play.
Hendo Qb leads state I believe in passing, Burns Qb young how well will he do on big stage.
Burns has good Rb, not sure bout Hendo thought Rb last year was Sr.
Going be good game would love seeing it.

After playing Hendo last year,( knowing it's bout same team). And playing Burns last week, this will be a good one..
Hendo Qb leads state I believe in passing, Burns Qb young how well will he do on big stage.
Last spring Bearcat RB was a senior. Freshman carrying the ball this year

Not the same team at all lol. RB is a 1000 yard rusher. Will be a great game though.

Really excited about this game. Besides the SC team, who I know nothing about, I don't think Hendersonville has seen the athletes that we have or the pass defense that has showed up the last couple games. I think we've seen a comparable team to Hendersonville in Shelby. Our boys are ready.

Really excited about this game. Besides the SC team, who I know nothing about, I don't think Hendersonville has seen the athletes that we have or the pass defense that has showed up the last couple games. I think we've seen a comparable team to Hendersonville in Shelby. Our boys are ready.

I heard that sc team was really good.

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Possibly the best game in the west this week. Burns pass defense will most likely give problems to Hendersonville. If we can get Mookie going I really like our chances.
Yea agreed. If Mookie has a good game next Friday I like our chances. Key for Burns defensively will be getting pressure and forcing their QB into mistakes like they've done the last 2 weeks.

At the beginning of the year, Burns was at the top of the list in discussion about 2–A contenders. They a couple games they should not have lost. They then dropped out of the limelight. They have continued to evolve silently in the background. They will step up and it should be no surprise to anybody. They will fight tooth and nail. Remember- the Burns faithful told you so.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT