ADVERTISEMENT

Burns at Hendersonville

Best game in 2A West - no competition. I wish I could see it!

#12 Burns (8-3 (5-1)) finished 2nd in their conference (barely! they could have been 1st or 3rd real quick! either way!) and has outscored opponents 36-13. They played a real solid game versus McMichael winning 56-14.

#5 Hendersonville (9-1 (5-0)) finished 1st in their conference and has outscored opponents 52-20 with one of the best offenses in 2A West. They won handily versus West Stanly 42-0.

As an unbiased fan looking in...wow. Both teams have an impressive pass defense and have the ability to just take a game over at any point. I expect a lot of emotional swings in this game. That cold mountain air won't be the only thing taking your breath away. I'm expecting a close score at halftime Hendersonville 14 - Burns 10 with the defenses being tight and the offenses being a tad short armed...but the second half will open up and the offensive coordinators will open things up a little more and they'll know what they can and can't do. I predict each defense will score once. In the end I believe Hendersonville will have just enough extra to advance. Hendersonville 35 - Burns 31.

I see the OC at Burns adjusting nothing other than the way his hat is sitting on his head. We just hope our offense is good enough off the bat...if it isn’t we just won’t have it.

On the other hand...aside from this ACC school in Dillon, SC I don’t see them having played a defense that can get after it like ours. But like I mentioned earlier. None of that matters come Friday. Just gotta line up and hit them in the mouth.

How is Hendersonville’s kicking game?

I see the OC at Burns adjusting nothing other than the way his hat is sitting on his head. We just hope our offense is good enough off the bat...if it isn’t we just won’t have it.

On the other hand...aside from this ACC school in Dillon, SC I don’t see them having played a defense that can get after it like ours. But like I mentioned earlier. None of that matters come Friday. Just gotta line up and hit them in the mouth.

Rufus “Freight Train” Jones was from Dillon, SC. 😜

Hendersonville played Daniel High school from Central, SC…..the best ACC team in the Carolinas!

Sort of surprised at the overall lack of respect Hendersonville is getting on here. IMO this game could go either way, and the Bearcats are one heckuva football team.
No. There's no lack of respect. At least not from us, promise you that. I'll promise you every one of us know the challenge it'll be this Friday night and what Hendersonville can do. We know we are the underdogs & shouldn't win this game. But we've been here before and won, a few times. We also know what Burns is capable of. It's not a lack of respect. It's confidence.

On the flip side we all know Hendersonville will be a beast to try to contain at home and beat at home. Will it happen? Well I guess we'll see Friday night in Hendersonville. No disrespect to anything we played in the regular season but right now Hendersonville if all that matters. That's our mind set. Period.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maiden Creek
Burns drove down the field on Shelby's all world front 7. I'm sure they can have a shot at similar with Hendo

Hey pawpaw

Research a little more.... They did in fact drive the ball down the field I Believe it was 64 yards on the first drive

Then they had 85 yards I believe it was the rest of the entire game..... Both TD's from 15 yards after a muffed punt and a blocked field goal...

if you are gonna tell the story, tell it all grandpappy....

Great kicker with a big leg.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Sort of surprised at the overall lack of respect Hendersonville is getting on here. IMO this game could go either way, and the Bearcats are one heckuva football team.
Zero lack of respect from us. We’ve known the path would be through Hendo for someone and we knew we could be that someone. Very good qb, great group of receivers and big on the line. With that said, Burns has respect for them but will not Fear them. We will be the best team they have seen this year (minus Daniel… forgot about the ACC team lol) and we will find out if they are the best we’ve seen given our non conference schedule and Shelby. EG gave us a fit but they didn’t play their best. They have to play their best every night from now on or it’s over.

Hey pawpaw

Research a little more.... They did in fact drive the ball down the field I Believe it was 64 yards on the first drive

Then they had 85 yards I believe it was the rest of the entire game..... Both TD's from 15 yards after a muffed punt and a blocked field goal...

I"m telling the story Shelby style, with exaggerations and embellishments.

Hey pawpaw

Just let them say whatever man lol

I thank you are the ONE that is SORE, because no one was talking about THE DOGS after getting BEAT by a bunch of SOPHOMORES [THE VERY YOUNG MOUNTIES] earlier in the year, and If i am not mistaking making it 4 or 5 wins in a row

Nope- not sore. And we are young also.

Why are yall so mouthy? You lost to Kings Mountain who just struggled against Franklin after Franklin rode the bus for nearly 4hrs...... the same Franklin team who lost to West Henderson, who got beat by Hendo by 58!

Now I know transitive property doesn't always tell the story but it can tell us a lot. Hendo would have beat Watauga by 30+ too!

As for the "aside from" argument, that is not how this works. You can't say "aside from". They played Daniel (one of the best teams in both Carolinas) and it accounts for the experience gathered. So does playing Chase, Polk, both of which are playing in the 2nd round. Burns is not the end all, be all metric of 2A football.

Hendersonville will be the toughest team you play all year, and yes, I know who you've played.

Last edited:
Why are yall so mouthy? You lost to Kings Mountain who just struggled against Franklin after Franklin rode the bus for nearly 4hrs...... the same Franklin team who lost to West Henderson, who got beat by Hendo by 58!

Now I know transitive property doesn't always tell the story but it can tell us a lot. Hendo would have beat Watauga by 30+ too!

As for the "aside from" argument, that is not how this works. You can't say "aside from". They played Daniel (one of the best teams in both Carolinas) and it accounts for the experience gathered. So does playing Chase, Polk, both of which are playing in the 2nd round. Burns is not the end all, be all metric of 2A football.

Hendersonville will be the toughest team you play all year, and yes, I know who you've played.
hmmmm

Read the second part of that sentence. I'll stand by it, 100%.
Aside from Hendo getting blown out by Daniel(I give them credit for taking the game), I dont think their schedule is tougher than the first 4 weeks of Burns schedule(which balances out the weak latter half).

As a team Hendo would fit normally into the first half of Burns schedule. I don't think they're any more(or less) difficult than those 3A schools and Watauga or Shelby. But Hendo can be confident because Burns offense is not consistent and you'll probably get 1 or 2 turnovers so the bearcats can win a close one at home like 21-17 or 35-24ish.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Aside from Hendo getting blown out by Daniel(I give them credit for taking the game), I dont think their schedule is tougher than the first 4 weeks of Burns schedule(which balances out the weak latter half).

As a team Hendo would fit normally into the first half of Burns schedule. I don't think they're any more(or less) difficult than those 3A schools and Watauga or Shelby. But Hendo can be confident because Burns offense is not consistent and you'll probably get 1 or 2 turnovers so the bearcats can win a close one at home.
I am not comparing schedules, I am comparing teams. Hendersonville beat that mighty Shelby and their front 7 just 6 months ago. I know they don't play Shelby consistently every year, but they don't have to. Hendersonville is a stout ball team. Now I know we don't have any common opponents to go by but I can assure you they'll be the most Shelby-like team you will play this year, aside from Shelby themselves. They have athletes everywhere and are very well coached. I think you're discounting Chase too much as well, Chase is a very good team and Hendersonville trounced them.

254955916_1053225755454209_4927966868684011666_n.png

254821664_231541595711925_8728611651829124584_n.png

255120809_439841647740641_3469697687929259904_n.png

I am not comparing schedules, I am comparing teams. Hendersonville beat that mighty Shelby and their front 7 just 6 months ago. I know they don't play Shelby consistently every year, but they don't have to. Hendersonville is a stout ball team. Now I know we don't have any common opponents to go by but I can assure you they'll be the most Shelby-like team you will play this year, aside from Shelby themselves. They have athletes everywhere and are very well coached. I think you're discounting Chase too much as well, Chase is a very good team and Hendersonville trounced them.

254955916_1053225755454209_4927966868684011666_n.png

254821664_231541595711925_8728611651829124584_n.png

255120809_439841647740641_3469697687929259904_n.png

You kind of have to compare schedules(not sole teams) because that's where RPI's come in, and you can get a better comprehensive assessment of how good a team is based on body of work not just one game.

I didn't mention Chase, because Burns didn't play Chase, and that's not necessarily discounting them. It's like you're jerry rigging them into the topic.

I get that you're the promotions team for your area, but let's try to use some clear evidence and measuring sticks here, not a chain link focused on the opponent of a common opponent.

You kind of have to compare schedules(not sole teams) because that's where RPI's come in, and you can get a better comprehensive assessment of how good a team is based on body of work not just one game.
And yet Hendersonville still has the higher RPI!

I didn't mention Chase, because Burns didn't play Chase, and that's not necessarily discounting them. It's like you're jerry rigging them into the topic.

I get that you're the promotions team for your area, but let's try to use some clear evidence and measuring sticks here, not a chain link focused on the opponent of a common opponent.

There are no common opponents, so what are looking for? You don't want to talk about Daniel and you don't want to mention Chase, which are conveniently the top 2 teams that Hendersonville has played, but you're accusing others of Jerry Rigging the topic? That's funny.

Those scores are pretty well clear enough. It just doesn't suit your narrative.

Last edited:
And Hendersonville still has the higher RPI without Daniel being factored in. You factor that game in, because it was played, and it's likely that Hendo has a comparable OWP and higher OOWP.

There are no common opponents, so what are looking for? You don't want to talk about Daniel and you don't want to mention Chase, which are conveniently the top 2 teams that Hendersonville has played, but you're accusing others of Jerry Rigging the topic? That's funny.

Those scores are pretty well clear enough. It just doesn't suit your narrative.

Since you're speaking for me and putting words on my fingers, tell me, what's my narrative?

Since you're speaking for me and putting words on my fingers, tell me, what's my narrative?
I am not speaking for you. I am not the one saying "aside from Daniel" or "I didn't mention Chase".

The narrative that Hendersonville has played nobody has been pretty well evident amongst Burns posters and fanboys in this thread.

I am not speaking for you. I am not the one saying "aside from Daniel" or "I didn't mention Chase".

The narrative that Hendersonville has played nobody has been pretty well evident amongst Burns posters and fanboys in this thread.

you spoke for me after saying you're not speaking for me, I never said Hendersonville has played nobody. I was only comparing schedules. You 'translated' and 'paraphrased' all that.

Furthermore I'm not a Burns poster and I even said Hendo would win,

Reading is fundamental. When you read, read for content, not contention

You're creating several arguments and then arguing with yourself. That's weird.

you spoke for me after saying you're not speaking for me, I never said Hendersonville has played nobody. I was only comparing schedules. You 'translated' and 'paraphrased' all that.
Imagine putting your quotes directly in the post and then accusing someone else of speaking for you. You're correct, weird.

You say "I didn't mention Chase, because Burns didn't play Chase" but you were very quick to mention Watauga and Shelby on Burns schedule despite Hendersonville not playing either of them this season. Nah, I am not the one creating these arguments, I am just ensuring they are consistent.

Imagine putting your quotes directly in the post and then accusing someone else of speaking for you. You're correct, weird.

You say "I didn't mention Chase, because Burns didn't play Chase" but you were very quick to mention Watauga and Shelby on Burns schedule despite Hendersonville not playing either of them this season. Nah, I am not the one creating these arguments, I am just ensuring they are consistent.

For the 2nd time....

I was comparing 'body of work' NOT individual teams

We can only compare the good teams on Burns schedule, guys. Thems the rules.
Individual teams and schedules are 2 different comparisons. ONE team is part of a schedule.

This is my last comment to you about teams vs schedules as it relates to these 2.

I'm even kind of mad at myself for even making the last two comments.

For the 2nd time....

I was comparing 'body of work' NOT individual teams
They don't listen. I've stated multiple times that I didn't know anything about Daniel, that's why I didn't include them. They're like a bunch of liberals.

Individual teams and schedules are 2 different comparisons. ONE team is part of a schedule.

This is my last comment to you about teams vs schedules as it relates to these 2.

I'm even kind of mad at myself for even making the last two comments.
You can't objectively compare schedules while dismissing the teams individually. This entire thread has been rampant with trying to judge Hendersonville while dismissing both Daniel and Chase. No, I am not accusing you alone of doing so but IT IS HAPPENING without doubt.

They don't listen. I've stated multiple times that I didn't know anything about Daniel, that's why I didn't include them. They're like a bunch of liberals.
Spare us the ad hominem, it's not even close. You can't use your own ignorance to disregard the best team that either Burns OR Hendersonville has played, while trying to maintain an objective stance on the schedules. You don't have to know whether or not Daniel runs a 4-3 or a wishbone to know they're a damn good team and shouldn't be disregarded but you did it anyway.

You can't objectively compare schedules while dismissing the teams individually. This entire thread has been rampant with trying to judge Hendersonville while dismissing both Daniel and Chase. No, I am not accusing you alone of doing so but IT IS HAPPENING without doubt.

I don’t really get why you’re going back and forth with him. He’s not a fan of burns or Shelby and thinks Hendersonville will win

I don’t really get why you’re going back and forth with him. He’s not a fan of burns or Shelby and thinks Hendersonville will win
It's not necessarily him more so than having to read through 3 pages of selective criticism. I'm certainly not the only one who has noticed it.

He didn't disregard Daniel??? He simply said other than them... And his point is absolutely spot on... You take Daniel out of the equation and I promise you, y'all haven't seen a team like Burns...
This is the logic I am talking about. It's hypothetical nonsense.

"IF you take Daniel out of the equation, Burns is unlike any team Hendersonville has played."

You can't take Daniel out of equation! Hendersonville physically played Daniel. Daniel is the defending SC AAA state champion, Daniel is ranked #1 in SC AAA right now, Daniel is 31-1 over the last 3 seasons, Daniel has multiple D1 prospects, Daniel produced Shaq Lawson and DeAndre Hopkins. Hendersonville LITERALLY has seen a team that is much better than Burns, but the egos in the this thread want to create an echo chamber where we don't recognize that.

"I know nothing about that team so I am just not going to recognize that Hendersonville played them, and if I don't recognize that Hendersonville played Daniel THEN Hendersonville will not have seen a team as good as Burns"

Now that's funny!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT