ADVERTISEMENT

Burns (7-2) at Shelby (8-1) for the Southern Piedmont 1A/2A conference championship.

That was a great championship run. Pisgah tried their best to rob you guys along the way, though. It seemed as if Burns had about 6 tds called back that game.
I was pretty young but remember it like it was yesterday. Both of those games were insane. Made the championship seem like nothing as far as competition. The team coming out of that west bracket was winning it all.

Reactions: Lion Attack
what happened?
Forest Hills had this like log or something that they used to carry out to their sideline (not sure if they still do that) but when Burns won that game in OT some of the players went over and took the log & it caused a riot 😂. I think I remember it so well because somehow I got separated from my dad (again I was 10) and then somebody thought somebody had a gun. It was crazy.

Forest Hills had this like log or something that they used to carry out to their sideline (not sure if they still do that) but when Burns won that game in OT some of the players went over and took the log & it caused a riot 😂. I think I remember it so well because somehow I got separated from my dad (again I was 10) and then somebody thought somebody had a gun. It was crazy.
I remember that game but have never heard this story.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
I remember that game but have never heard this story.
It happened out on the field. As soon as the game ended, a lot of Burns people jumped the fence that was around the field and rushed the field. Somehow, and I'm not exactly sure how, I ended up out there too. Honestly it probably wasn't as big of a deal as my 10 year old mind made it out to be. But I was out there somehow, lost my dad heard somebody say something about a gun (there wasn't actually one) & got scared. Then my best friend at the times dad grabbed me and got me back to my dad. I'm trying to find an article or something but there probably isn't one. I did find the Football Friday Night highlights of the game and at the end you can see the people running into the field. That's all I've found. Here's that video though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lawn12Dog
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT