ADVERTISEMENT

Burns (7-2) at Shelby (8-1) for the Southern Piedmont 1A/2A conference championship.

Long time lurker! First Time Poster Here!

I have been a avid Burns Sports fan for well over 15 years! I can count on both my hands the number of games I have missed in the last 15 years but I am sick and tired of watching! While I think this is best team we have had in some time with younger guys all over the field - the moral victories have to stop! This team has great potential heading into the playoffs but something on the offense has to change! The OC has to go, has to be the worst high school OC I have seen! Burns literally has the best athletes on the field day in and day out! Burns has the argumentatively the best running back in the county and why he doesn't get more touches is beyond me! We have some the of the best receivers but we don't try to throw them the ball down the field!

Burns in my opinion was the better team TONIGHT but the OC literally cost us the game! I understand Shelby didn't have there best game BUT who needs to when your OC only has 3 / 4 play calls for the entire game! This just baffles me that he is still there! I haven't heard 1 person disagree with me and if we want to keep these athletes wearing the blue and yellow something better change quick!
Welcome to you Burnsfootball......It was a tough gut wrenching loss. Buddy just take a deep breath and chill.....things are gonna be alright. Our OC did what he thought would allow us to win the game. Different than most of our opinions on here but i will stand behind our staff......Coach Devine will have em ready for the playoffs.

Last edited:
It’s no disrespect to Shelby but nothing they did tonight impressed me...deer in headlights. But...they WON and that’s what matters.
I'll take deer in the headlights when they hold the #6 RPI team to 39 total yds in the 2nd half and score more points than the opposing team. I know it was all the OC's fault and Shelby had absolutely nothing to do with that. Shelby made adjustments to stop that sweep and plus refs called a holding call or two when they could have on every play that went outside. That makes coaches have to change what they were doing. Lets all face it both teams missed opportunities. It was a very hard fought game by both teams. Like I said early in the week neither team has a very good O line and that is what really dictates what you can and cannot do in big games like this. Like one of your posters said to one of ours, lets take it one at a time.

He hasn’t done it all year because we also play in a shit conference. Burns forced those Ints. Burns blocked the field goal. We forced mistakes. Nobody saw it coming .
They can’t give credit man. It’s hard for some of them, not all but some.

That was a lame thing to type. I don’t care who gets mad. And now you know why if they played the Taliban why Crest fans would wrap towels around our heads and yell.

Allahu Akbar!​

Last edited:

That was a lame thing to type. I don’t care who gets mad. And now you know why if they played the Taliban why Crest fans would wrap towels around our heads and yell.

Allahu Akbar!​

Sprayed my coffee! 😂😂😂😂

Allahu Akbar!​

You can call our conference weak but if your team was in our conference they would have finished 3rd and a wild card berth into the playoffs. Congrats on beating KM. As for last night Shelby was very lucky to get out with a win.Burns played their hearts out but I also think Shelby's d had a great 2nd half.

You can call our conference weak but if your team was in our conference they would have finished 3rd and a wild card berth into the playoffs. Congrats on beating KM. As for last night Shelby was very lucky to get out with a win.Burns played their hearts out but I also think Shelby's d had a great 2nd half.
I didn’t say one word about that lame conference.
I simply said that shelvy1’s post was lame.

Our conference is lame too. We’ll just admit it and give credit when it’s due.

Allahu Akbar​

Rulz, Really??? With all the shit u have post over year, and in not one damn place did I not give props to Burns.
We played worst we could and still got win,
Is playing bad maybe have to do with Burns ...maybe... But our Qb made mistakes he normally don't...
I give props to team and people, till they start talking crazy

Reactions: Maiden Creek
getting a kick out of all this , this morning

Shelby showed me nothing they aren’t good etc etc…., from the fans of the team we just beat ..:
I guess using that logic since we beat 9 out of the 10 teams we played they all must really suck since they lost to a team that really isn’t too good

get out of here with that nonsense ..:. It’s was a sloppy game both defenses played great we did enough to win and whether it’s by 60 or 2 it doesn’t matter … suck it up and move on

I must be in the minority but I saw a great game between two good teams that neither team deserved to lose. The two touchdowns called back on the first drive which immediately preceded the Shelby 98 yard TD run was the difference in the game. And our defense couldn’t stop Shelby’s running game in the second half. People say we should’ve gone to Norris more in the second half and that’s true but he did score the second touchdown and our defense was unable to come up with the stop to give us the opportunity to take the lead. So this one is not all on our OC. You gotta remember these coaches put in a lot of time and are underpaid. Some of our coaches don’t even work for the school. I have been frustrated myself at times but think about that next time. Good luck to both teams in the playoffs.

That very LOUD NOISE coming from SHELBY is that beaten of the CHEST.

I didn’t say one word about that lame conference.
I simply said that shelvy1’s post was lame.

Our conference is lame too. We’ll just admit it and give credit when it’s due.

Allahu Akbar​

Didn't think my old neighbor would call me out like this😭😭

Those litte 1A games make you over confident. Somebody will catch you sleeping in this playoffs. Burns almost did.

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
Missed page 6 this morning

NICE....... We fans are a fickle whiny bunch...... We got to see (Well listen too) a good hard fought ball game from two good defensive teams, one of which had to win and one had to lose..... The coulda, shoulda, woulda crap doesnt matter... Its over, lets get ready for the monsters looming in the next couple rounds that honestly, I dont think either of us are prepared for.... Yeah I said it.... lol

But here we have our old Pal Chopper, in the mix, with "ALMOST" really? You wake up, roll over to the cafeteria,drink your mornin' vitamins, eat your cheese sandwich, make it over to the common area, nestle between Gertrude and Bessie, log in and type "ALMOST"

C'mon Chopper..... You can do better

I don't like the argument that coaches don't get paid enough, they spend more time with the program than their family, etc. We all get that. However, it's still a job, not a good paying one, but a job nonetheless. If you are not good at that job, you should be replaced. There are coaches every year that spend hours upon hours and go winless. They sacrificed just like the undefeated coaches did, yet they are fired from he job. That's the way life works. I don't think many people are saying to get rid of the OC, because I think he is valuable for the program in some aspects, but maybe the OC position just isn't for him.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
The same argument could be said from our sidelines: Other than the opening drive and two 15 yard TD drives dont you think the Shelby defense pretty much dominated the rest of those drives? Your crowd talks about how your defense caused all the turnovers, etc which is absolutely true, they did a magnificent job, but from your side, its the OC fault? Shelby D had a little something to do with that side of the coin...

So reading what Ive read this morning, The Burns OC lost the game for Burns,.... I guess we need to blame our OC for throwing it three straight plays inside the 15 two times also. One culminated in a blocked FG and the other a FG........ We cant have that... Burns defense had nothing to do with that,... Its Blues fault...

FIRE BLUE DANG IT........

See makes no sense.....

Missed page 6 this morning

NICE....... We fans are a fickle whiny bunch...... We got to see (Well listen too) a good hard fought ball game from two good defensive teams, one of which had to win and one had to lose..... The coulda, shoulda, woulda crap doesnt matter... Its over, lets get ready for the monsters looming in the next couple rounds that honestly, I dont think either of us are prepared for.... Yeah I said it.... lol

But here we have our old Pal Chopper, in the mix, with "ALMOST" really? You wake up, roll over to the cafeteria,drink your mornin' vitamins, eat your cheese sandwich, make it over to the common area, nestle between Gertrude and Bessie, log in and type "ALMOST"

C'mon Chopper..... You can do better

Bessie and Gertrude are my morning warm up... better hide your grandma

Shelby lion...while I see what you’re saying...this is from an accumulation of years of this terrible play calling. He and Devine at each other’s neck on the sideline and even so much to walk over to the edge of the track abs point at a fan and tell him to zip his lips because he was being vocal about the issues. This is not good for a program of any stature. Even if you don’t win one game and have 0 expectations you cannot have coaches at each other during every game and after the games and expect the kids to respect him or what he is “trying” to do. If you can’t take the heat stay out of the kitchen, and dang sure stay off the sideline when you can’t separate yourself from the stands and the game. I’m not saying that the OC lost us that game, he didn’t, but he sure as heck makes some dumb decisions in every game. But oh yea, we play in a conference where we hang 50 weekly so he looks like a million bucks until it matters.

Like I say...take play call out of the situation...it’s not a good look when you’re going at it with the head coach on the sideline constantly. When people see it from the stands and players know it’s happening nothing good comes from it. More or less Devine isn’t confident in what he is doing (my opinion) and that’s what is causing him to question beaver and then he fires back at devine.

No, you shouldn’t have beaten Shelby, no way, no how. You were
Crest should have beaten Burns, Burns should have beat Shelby, EG should have beat Burns .....Thats just the way the ball bounces sometimes and thats why we all love this game so much.
No, Burns should have beaten Shelby, either. No way, no how! You weren’t even at the damn game. Anyway, it’s funny none of you have mentioned one of the most horrendous calls you will ever see. Bridges’ touchdown, off of that screen pass that was ruled in the grasp or whatever the heck that bogus call was.

Allen, the Burns defender, never fully had him in his grasp. He was wrestling with Bridges, and Bridges being the athlete that he is, broke free, put a couple of good moves on some defenders, and turned on the jets. You let an athlete make that play.

I’m sick of some of y’all talking as if Burns dominated. You didn’t do shit. You looked as bad as Shelby did, which typically happens when two fierce rivals meet.

That very LOUD NOISE coming from SHELBY is that beaten of the CHEST.
Sick of all the excuses from y’all, after those Ls you all took from the Lions. To KM’s credit, there wasn’t much from that crowed. They knew they had gotten their assess kicked by a better team.

Crest posters said Shelby wasn’t really any good after their L. Yet, they haven’t t lost, since losing to Shelby. Neither did KM, until last night.

Burns came so close, some of them have fully convinced themselves that they dominated, and had no business losing, when in actuality, you had no business being that close. Shelby had critical turnovers galore. You guys with these comments. Now, you know how East Gaston, and their fans felt last week.

Quite honestly those officials last night weren't good. For either side. There were quite a few really bad calls I thought. So I have no doubt they blew that one too.
Agreed! The PI call on Burns late in the 3rd quarter was horrible. Not even the jolly green giant could have caught that ball, totally uncatchable. But, I also saw a PI that benefitted Burns, too, on their opening drive.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT