ADVERTISEMENT

Burns (7-2) at Shelby (8-1) for the Southern Piedmont 1A/2A conference championship.

Shelby won't even make the west finals. Shelby average at best this year lol QB looks lost and deer in head lights. Stop the hype train...

Everybody gets mad at the pass interference call when they see that the ball couldn't have been caught. The problem with the anger is that the rules in high school are different than college and pro on many pass play penalties.
There is no such thing as Uncatchable Ball in the high school rulebook. If there is contact on a receiver and the ball is thrown in that direction, it is pass interference.
Also, there is no rule allowing the QB to throw the ball out of bounds beyond the LOS to avoid a sack. If there is no receiver in the area, it is Intentional Grounding.
These rule probably need to change, but they have not yet changed.
There were plenty of bad call by officials last night benefitting both sides, but the PI called on Burns and the one called on Shelby were not missed calls. They are just old fashioned rules. There were a number of times that intentional grounding could have been called, but weren't.

They said whistle was blew to quick,thinking runner was going out of bounce, but didn't.
In that case we lose out from it being a td

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Where was he bouncing to sf1? Lol only place I seen him bounce was on down the sidelines for a touchdown. But didn’t think he was going out of bounds. Refs were just too whistle happy on everything other than those holds.

Agreed! The PI call on Burns late in the 3rd quarter was horrible. Not even the jolly green giant could have caught that ball, totally uncatchable. But, I also saw a PI that benefitted Burns, too, on their opening drive.
Uncatchable ball rule does not apply in high school. If the ball is in the air and contact occurs PI can be called.

Uncatchable ball rule does not apply in high school. If the ball is in the air and contact occurs PI can be called.
Honestly, it's probably best it stays that way too. That takes the opinion out of the equation. High school refs already struggle and get bashed a lot. Imagine throwing catchable or uncatchable into it.

Reactions: notanyonesfan
It’s playoff time so this is my last opinion. I know Shelby is better than they played. I gave them credit all week and knew they are a damn good team. Shelby’s QB had no ints going in and that alone is impressive for any kid, especially a junior! A lot of Shelby fans said they would blow our ass off the field and it didn’t happen. We were better than those people thought. We forced some mistakes and Shelby made some
mistakes which we knew they had to do. We ran the ball better than most thought we would. First drive was more than anyone thought we could do already. Second half we didn’t try the run as much so who knows. Maybe the Shelby D shuts it down or maybe it goes in our favor. Shelby’s D played great 2nd half. Burns had multiple chances to get ahead and didn’t do it. You have to turn turnovers into points. We had our chances, it didn’t happen. Learn from it and use it for playoffs. End of story.

Yes it's time for playoffs, we both played hard, we both made mistakes. Was great game to watch, not blow out, maybe we meet again, but now focus one game at a time

Reactions: notanyonesfan
Where was he bouncing to sf1? Lol only place I seen him bounce was on down the sidelines for a touchdown. But didn’t think he was going out of bounds. Refs were just too whistle happy on everything other than those holds.
I totally agree, Refs in general this year have tried way to hard to interject themselves into games and it really takes away from the game. It's like they sometimes just blow their whistle or throw a flag just because I'm a Ref and I can.

Yeah Beavers best option is to step down. Lots of avid burns supporters have been silent about this for a couple years but something has to be done. We cannot continue to have him on the sideline taking away opportunities from these kids. At the end of the day what matters most to be as a supporter is that the kids get the best opportunity to succeed. This IS NOT the case right now. Moral victories don’t do a bit of good. Probably the best back in the county and he might have got 5 touches in the second half..pathetic. Shelby D had no answer for Mookie. But they done enough. Burns beat Shelby in all three phases of the game. Offense, defense and special teams. But you know what- we lost and that’s all that matters. We have to make some changes and Devine is going to have to step to the plate as the respected leader of the program and make a decision. I personally don’t care about conference championships...we want rings.
Y’all got 2 players from Crest that felt they needed a bigger role so they transferred to Burns.. it happens it’s Cleveland County it happens!!!

• Haha
I normally don’t do this I just read all the different post and laugh, but since you all mentioned me and my sons name I felt compelled to reply.. First off if you don’t know me or my family personally don’t mention our name on any website talking about why we did something, if you didn’t hear it from the bulldogs mouth don’t comment. If you want to know something apparently you know me so therefore you know how to find me and I will answer any questions you might have but I promise, you won’t like the answer

I normally don’t do this I just read all the different post and laugh, but since you all mentioned me and my sons name I felt compelled to reply.. First off if you don’t know me or my family personally don’t mention our name on any website talking about why we did something, if you didn’t hear it from the bulldogs mouth don’t comment. If you want to know something apparently you know me so therefore you know how to find me and I will answer any questions you might have but I promise, you won’t like the answer

Shots fired. Been warning these clowns watch their mouth, but no one listens lol

Cleveland county insiders strike again, this time the gossip has triggered some blow back...

My apologies….you do know me personally, it’s Nelson, but I shouldn’t have mentioned his name and should’ve stayed out of it.

• Haha
I’m tired of all the talk on this thread. The game is over. In the end, I love my high school, I love my community. I wouldn’t be anything other than a Bulldog. I’m proud of or program. I’m proud of our tradition and like I was taught in 9th grade at Burns- the cheerleaders taught us the school song and a cheer which ended with… I’ll be a Bulldog til the day I die. My love for Burns is not based on winning percentages. Programs who have the luxury of lavishing in never ending success do not understand. I can try to explain to you but I can’t understand it for you. We will beat Shelby again. It ain’t the end of the world. In fact, when we have beaten Shelby several years in a row before I’ve thought- what if beating Shelby loses it importance? Things simply would not be the same if we didn’t have the yearly expectation of beating Shelby. We will beat them again. We have beat a good Crust team 2 out of the last 3 years. That is a great feat in and of itself. No other county in NC has such HS football completion.

I’m tired of all the talk on this thread. The game is over. In the end, I love my high school, I love my community. I wouldn’t be anything other than a Bulldog. I’m proud of or program. I’m proud of our tradition and like I was taught in 9th grade at Burns- the cheerleaders taught us the school song and a cheer which ended with… I’ll be a Bulldog til the day I die. My love for Burns is not based on winning percentages. Programs who have the luxury of lavishing in never ending success do not understand. I can try to explain to you but I can’t understand it for you. We will beat Shelby again. It ain’t the end of the world. In fact, when we have beaten Shelby several years in a row before I’ve thought- what if beating Shelby loses it importance? Things simply would not be the same if we didn’t have the yearly expectation of beating Shelby. We will beat them again. We have beat a good Crust team 2 out of the last 3 years. That is a great feat in and of itself. No other county in NC has such HS football completion.

now take a breath.... or 2

• Haha
Hell I agreed he should’ve been moved up I could never understand why he wasn’t.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT