ADVERTISEMENT

Burns (7-2) at Shelby (8-1) for the Southern Piedmont 1A/2A conference championship.

Go ahead and we going run it down your throat!!!
People think we have no running game, watch and see.
I wouldn't break that running game out against us. You could probably save it until the 3rd round of the playoffs. Don't tip your hand yet. I'm a realist. And I know rivalry games can't be predicted sometimes. But I just don't see how we keep this close throughout the entire game. Like I posted earlier, offensively our biggest weakness is the O-Line. And Shelby can cause havoc by only rushing 4. That doesn't bode well for us offensively. We can't shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties and boneheaded plays. This has to be the best game of the year for us and Shelby needs to have somewhat of an off night. I hope I'm wrong, I'm just calling it like I see it.

I wouldn't break that running game out against us. You could probably save it until the 3rd round of the playoffs. Don't tip your hand yet. I'm a realist. And I know rivalry games can't be predicted sometimes. But I just don't see how we keep this close throughout the entire game. Like I posted earlier, offensively our biggest weakness is the O-Line. And Shelby can cause havoc by only rushing 4. That doesn't bode well for us offensively. We can't shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties and boneheaded plays. This has to be the best game of the year for us and Shelby needs to have somewhat of an off night. I hope I'm wrong, I'm just calling it like I see it.
I get how u feel, we all know county and rivalry games are hard to determine outcome.
I'm realist, and I do feel Shelby going bring major pressure with that D.
If your Qb has time, he eat teams up, but I've seen when pressure is on he shows his youth. Lots of mistakes. Even turnovers.
Guess like someone else wrote, let's line;em up and see...

Reactions: Maiden Creek
Well if you’re going to bring the running game and not the passing game I think we will just put 8 in the box and stop the power run game.
pffft powered like a CMOS battery

:D

Hopefully we can find one by the third rd. I really believe this will be a great game.Conference championship,county rival game,and playing for the higher seed. I do believe the EG games back to back with Burns and then Shelby did not do any favors for the Lions.

Sounds like neither team has a O line. It is true Shelby can't run the ball. Shelby's front 7 is big and fast and will blow you slam up at times but will give up long runs at times too. Believe it will be like always in these games who can protect the QB, keep the turnovers down, and penalties to a minimum will win. Toss up game to me.

Our field drains good, if it quits by 3am like it says everything be good to go by kickoff.
Going be cool though

• Haha
Reactions: UNC91
Right 02?

Typically when it rains like it has today and the temperature is what it is it don’t dry. When it don’t dry and it rains more the day of the game, that usually leads to some moisture in the ground. The ball is of a leather substance which will absorb water. Due to these factors the weight of the ball will increase. Therefore the pigskin will be heavy.

Last edited:
Right 02?

Typically when it rains like it has today and the temperature is what it is it don’t dry. When it don’t dry and it rains more the day of the game, that usually leads to some moisture in the ground. The ball is of a leather substance which will absorb water. Due to these factors the weight of the ball will increase. Therefore the pigskin will be heavy.
Acting like you know about grass, dew, dirt and….. oh yea my bad. 😂

JV Dogs stomp that Azz and get the W in OT....way to go guys.....congrats and let's get more of the same tomorrow evening
Stomp that azz?
Come on man u didn't even attend that game, I was there in pouring rain, here as great game, Shelby just blew it in end.
Had chances to win it in reg. And In OT
But that's how it goes congrats on win but I'm afraid tonight be different story.

Ps I don't think our boys liked playing in rain, kinda looked like it..😁

Good win for the JV Dawgs. Nice to be conference champions regardless of the level of play. Hope that equates to more winning years on the varsity team. Shelbyfan1, what do you think about our JV QB. Honestly, he could give our varsity QB a run for his money next year. The kid can fly.

Warlick kid is very fast, and throws it well.
Pretty smart decision maker too.. buts on alittle size he be dangerous

Good win for the JV Dawgs. Nice to be conference champions regardless of the level of play. Hope that equates to more winning years on the varsity team. Shelbyfan1, what do you think about our JV QB. Honestly, he could give our varsity QB a run for his money next year. The kid can fly.
Tickled to death for Graham and all those JV Burns kids... I had a bunch of them at UC from the time they were in 1st grade.... Heres a good story on Graham

He showed up his first grade year, skinny kid, glasses, had a runny nose scared to death... So shy.... It was during conditioning week I noticed he could absolutely fly... After practice one day I called him over and asked if he wanted to try to run the ball , he looked up and me and said "I guess" ha ha ha...

First play he ever ran the ball in a live game he went for 50 and a td.... His second grade year he scored 42 TD's in 12 games.... Even at a very young age he was just always the fastest kid on the field..The first time he started in middle school first play about 70 yards and a td... From the time they were Mighty Mites to when they left for middle school I stayed with that group, moving up when they did to different levels... As he grew his arm strength did and we began to throw the ball around more... When Devine took over he reached out to us about playing all our games there and all the coaches coming in etc.. We began to run a scaled down version of the High School offense, so Graham and the rest began running some read option type plays, we pulled guards and tackles, just like (The big kids) as they always said.... I could not be prouder of Graham *Sunshine*, Johnny * Rocket*, Joel*Superman*, and numerous others we coached growing up doing so well.... Makes this old man smile....

Tickled to death for Graham and all those JV Burns kids... I had a bunch of them at UC from the time they were in 1st grade.... Heres a good story on Graham

He showed up his first grade year, skinny kid, glasses, had a runny nose scared to death... So shy.... It was during conditioning week I noticed he could absolutely fly... After practice one day I called him over and asked if he wanted to try to run the ball , he looked up and me and said "I guess" ha ha ha...

First play he ever ran the ball in a live game he went for 50 and a td.... His second grade year he scored 42 TD's in 12 games.... Even at a very young age he was just always the fastest kid on the field..The first time he started in middle school first play about 70 yards and a td... From the time they were Mighty Mites to when they left for middle school I stayed with that group, moving up when they did to different levels... As he grew his arm strength did and we began to throw the ball around more... When Devine took over he reached out to us about playing all our games there and all the coaches coming in etc.. We began to run a scaled down version of the High School offense, so Graham and the rest began running some read option type plays, we pulled guards and tackles, just like (The big kids) as they always said.... I could not be prouder of Graham *Sunshine*, Johnny * Rocket*, Joel*Superman*, and numerous others we coached growing up doing so well.... Makes this old man smile....
Great stuff!

Stomp that azz?
Come on man u didn't even attend that game, I was there in pouring rain, here as great game, Shelby just blew it in end.
Had chances to win it in reg. And In OT
But that's how it goes congrats on win but I'm afraid tonight be different story.

Ps I don't think our boys liked playing in rain, kinda looked like it..😁
You know I'm just picking good buddy.....sounds like a heck of a game.....I think tonight wil be a good one as well. Going into the playoffs this will be a good test for both.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT