ADVERTISEMENT

Bunker Hill

Chute Boxe Hero

Aug 11, 2005
So I'm looking on the all-mighty MaxPreps and I see these guys near the top of the 2A pile. As an outsider looking in, I have to ask..........are they a legit contender?

I want to believe. I don't think I've ever seen a thread about Bunker Hill. Actually, in over 15 years of posting on this board, I don't think I've ever seen a Bunker Hill poster (not even a troll masquerading as one). Every time I see Bunker Hill, the first thing that goes through my mind is "It's Chili no Beans!!" I want that to change.

Sleeper team, always had talent, but never any coaching or resources to make enough noise. They have potential to beat the blue bloods

• Love
Reactions: Maiden Creek
I say beating West Lincoln they are good enough to go a few rounds in the playoffs, but it will probably be as the two seed out of the Catawba Valley. Their ceiling might be playing the day after Thanksgiving.

• Love
I can only remember couple years or so Bunker Hill had a really good season. Someone correct me on that if I’m wrong. It seems like back in the 80’s they had a good season or 2. Going back to 2010 they were undefeated like 4-0 and they came to play South Iredell. Both teams undefeated and putting up the points. I figure that would be really a good game. At halftime South was up 42-0. Final score 42-0. South had too much speed on them. That was also 1st year of Scott Miller as head coach for South. I also seen a Bunker Hill game back in 1990 when Cherryville came to play. BH won that one 40-6. I think they had a RB with last name of Mcdaniels I think. He had lot of speed.

So I'm looking on the all-mighty MaxPreps and I see these guys near the top of the 2A pile. As an outsider looking in, I have to ask..........are they a legit contender?

I want to believe. I don't think I've ever seen a thread about Bunker Hill. Actually, in over 15 years of posting on this board, I don't think I've ever seen a Bunker Hill poster (not even a troll masquerading as one). Every time I see Bunker Hill, the first thing that goes through my mind is "It's Chili no Beans!!" I want that to change.
Chili! No beans!….it can’t get no better than that 😜😂

Beating West Lincoln definitely probably their biggest win in at least 5 years… I’m interested to see/hear about their game next week with Maiden.. I think that will really tell how much of a shot they have of winning a game or 2 in the playoffs… If they are the 2 seed out of the conference could possibly even mean a first round game on the road against a very good opponent!!

• Love
Coach Reid is carrying on what the previous coach had done in laying some good groundwork. I don't think they have lost any kids to nearby schools as has happened on occasion over the years as well. Kejaun McDaniel was the explosive running back that Vak-Val 86 spoke of from the past. I look for the Maiden game to be one to remember and one to be very competitive. Coach Reid is an awesome defensive coach.

Coach Reid is carrying on what the previous coach had done in laying some good groundwork. I don't think they have lost any kids to nearby schools as has happened on occasion over the years as well. Kejaun McDaniel was the explosive running back that Vak-Val 86 spoke of from the past. I look for the Maiden game to be one to remember and one to be very competitive. Coach Reid is an awesome defensive coach.
I'm sure the Maiden offense will give him all he can eat

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT