ADVERTISEMENT

Brayden Monday 6’5 245 Tuscola

WaynesVegas

Jan 22, 2018
Looking for this kid to make some waves this year. UNCC has offered him and I have heard NC State, Wake Forrest, and ECU are interested in him either as a DE or TE. And I’ve watched this kid and the kid at Pisgah.. i know im a biased Mountaineer fan and nothing against the Pisgah kid but.. as far as willing to mix it up inside goes.. Monday takes the cake.

Reactions: daagoob
Why would you post this on a 2-A board? Y’all are 3-A aren’t you? As far as talent I’ve seen both play. 3 times Tuscola kid 2 times Pisgah kid. I’d take the Pisgah kid in a skinny minute. They use him very well to show off his skill set.

Looking for this kid to make some waves this year. UNCC has offered him and I have heard NC State, Wake Forrest, and ECU are interested in him either as a DE or TE. And I’ve watched this kid and the kid at Pisgah.. i know im a biased Mountaineer fan and nothing against the Pisgah kid but.. as far as willing to mix it up inside goes.. Monday takes the cake.

They were both playing last year in the Rivalry game.How did that work out about the same as it will this year?

Reactions: PBBear51
Why would you post this on a 2-A board? Y’all are 3-A aren’t you? As far as talent I’ve seen both play. 3 times Tuscola kid 2 times Pisgah kid. I’d take the Pisgah kid in a skinny minute. They use him very well to show off his skill set.
You know what you’re exactly right, my bad..nxt time I’ll head over to the 3A board. with all 900 students. And i probably shouldn’t compare the two kids.. apples and oranges really when you think about it.. one likes to be physical in the middle.. the other one catches fades

You know what you’re exactly right, my bad..nxt time I’ll head over to the 3A board. with all 900 students. And i probably shouldn’t compare the two kids.. apples and oranges really when you think about it.. one likes to be physical in the middle.. the other one catches fades

And yet you are a 3A school. You can whine all you want, but that's reality.

Mr. Monday was in the middle in the rivalry game, and was routinely pushed around last year. You will see Walker used very differently this year, on both offense and defense.

Both players have an opportunity to play at the next level, and I wish the best for both of them.

And yet you are a 3A school. You can whine all you want, but that's reality.

Mr. Monday was in the middle in the rivalry game, and was routinely pushed around last year. You will see Walker used very differently this year, on both offense and defense.

Both players have an opportunity to play at the next level, and I wish the best for both of them.
The reality is that Pisgah has more students than Tuscola. But hey we don’t mind playing the bigger schools.. we just wish yal had the same schedule. I too wish both kids the best of luck cause i hear both are good boys

I know which board to post on,you don't.
Hahah oh so you’re petty too?..and still clueless with your original statement just cause yal won. For example.. with your sports logic I should now believe Draymond Green is better than Lebron James at basketball just cause Daymond’s team beat Lebron’s in the championship. I shouldn’t waste my breath though. August just needs to hurry up so we can all grab some popcorn and watch a good hard nosed ball game

The reality is that Pisgah has more students than Tuscola. But hey we don’t mind playing the bigger schools.. we just wish yal had the same schedule. I too wish both kids the best of luck cause i hear both are good boys

Not per the NCHSAA, and the 4 yr average enrollment numbers. I actually wish Tuscola had stayed in 2a. A 7 team conference is much better than a 6 team conference for scheduling purposes, especially for all of the non football sports.

Tuscola’s ADM as of April was 940. And Pisgah’s is more than that. That’s all i know.. idk about the 4 yr thing though. I know when they put us in a different class than you guys we did have about 30 more kids.. that is true.. but still not enough to not be in the same league. I agree I dont know why they have one conference with 9 and one with 6 when it makes way more sense to have one with 8 and the other 7. Oh well maybe next time we’ll be in the same league like it should be

The reality is that Pisgah has more students than Tuscola. But hey we don’t mind playing the bigger schools.. we just wish yal had the same schedule.

I didn't hear any Tuscola folks complaining in the 80's and 90's when they had hundreds more enrolled than Pisgah so suck it up buttercup. 30 more kids is nothing compared to the numbers we were up against back then. I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the rivalry as much with an even playing field! ;)

Reactions: Pisgah Bears
I didn't hear any Tuscola folks complaining in the 80's and 90's when they had hundreds more enrolled than Pisgah so suck it up buttercup. 30 more kids is nothing compared to the numbers we were up against back then. I'm sorry you aren't enjoying the rivalry as much with an even playing field! ;)
And yet Tuscola was 4a back then haha still having to play up a classification. Something you guys have NEVER had to do. If there was a WNC trophy for the most watered down schedule in the last 20 years.. Pisgah would have one hell of a shrine. Especially those years where yal had real tough games like Avery.. Madison.. Mitchell.. and Mountain Heritage back before coach Robinson got there to show them how to tie their own cleats. Oh and don’t act all high and mighty cause yal have had to stop 3 plays over the past few years.. and two of those times yal had to get to overtime to even do that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 91ths
We played Madison,Avery,and Mitchell because they were in our conference.We played Mountain Heritage four times won all four.Two of those years we also beat Tuscola.Almost forgot we played Polk County and beat them something Kiffer never did.
Who did you guys play the last four years before moving up this time.Patton,Cherokee,Owen and Swain.A really tough schedule. Face it Einstein Brett has you guys number .You never beat him at East or Pisgah and you want beat him this year either.

We played Madison,Avery,and Mitchell because they were in our conference.We played Mountain Heritage four times won all four.Two of those years we also beat Tuscola.Almost forgot we played Polk County and beat them something Kiffer never did.
Who did you guys play the last four years before moving up this time.Patton,Cherokee,Owen and Swain.A really tough schedule. Face it Einstein Brett has you guys number .You never beat him at East or Pisgah and you want beat him this year either.
Yes i know they were in your conference.. thanks for solidifying my point “Einstein”. Tuscola did beat Brett while he was at east by the way. Oh and I think you’re mistaking who has actually had our number lately.. that’s why we might have to pay more attention to Sylva this year haha

You caught me off guard there, I’ve been reading these post for a while now and for some reason I thought you recently became a SMHS fan. Will you be wearing yellow or blue this year?

And yet Tuscola was 4a back then haha still having to play up a classification. Something you guys have NEVER had to do. If there was a WNC trophy for the most watered down schedule in the last 20 years.. Pisgah would have one hell of a shrine. Especially those years where yal had real tough games like Avery.. Madison.. Mitchell.. and Mountain Heritage back before coach Robinson got there to show them how to tie their own cleats. Oh and don’t act all high and mighty cause yal have had to stop 3 plays over the past few years.. and two of those times yal had to get to overtime to even do that.

NERD ALERT.....

Let me get this strait, Walker had 7 offers before accepting offer from NC State, and has played 3 years at the high school level as a receiver and tight end, and Monday (who is a great kid) hasn’t played one down as a tight end (thanks to tubesock tommy putting a 6’4” kid at fullback), but some WaynesVegas goober knows more then college scouts? Apparently you’re either a Madden 18 arm chair football expert or a J Creek trailer park methhead. Either way, get your cranium out of the middle of your butt crack. What I hear, you all are still a one dimensional ground team, so good luck at getting passing stats this year.

In closing, I can give you a link to 3A forums if you need it.

Let me get this strait, Walker had 7 offers before accepting offer from NC State, and has played 3 years at the high school level as a receiver and tight end, and Monday (who is a great kid) hasn’t played one down as a tight end (thanks to tubesock tommy putting a 6’4” kid at fullback), but some WaynesVegas goober knows more then college scouts? Apparently you’re either a Madden 18 arm chair football expert or a J Creek trailer park methhead. Either way, get your cranium out of the middle of your butt crack. What I hear, you all are still a one dimensional ground team, so good luck at getting passing stats this year.

Man you’re really breaking my heart with all the meth jokes haha the point I’m trying to make is that here Pisgah has had a kid 6’5 240-50 pounds or so and puts him at wide receiver most of the time. There is no chance that’s where colleges are going to play him. They are either going to play him at TE if he’s LUCKY, but chances are the scouts are selling him this pipe dream of tons of catches each year.. when in actuality they know if they can just get him on campus they are going to be like “after talking your situation over with the other coaches.. we believe your best shot to get on the field is going to be at Tackle, so get an extra plate at dinner from now on” you can sit there and laugh and giggle all you want but I know how the recruitment process works. His recruiter from NC state is their line coach so we’ll see what happens. So if we’re discussing in the Box football.. which is what I was saying at the beginning of this convo.. Monday is better. IMO

Last edited:
With all that being said i honestly hope the kid is successful in college. I hope he gets to to Raleigh and does a great job.. which i believe he will do. So don’t take my biased Tuscola blood further than that.

Man you’re really breaking my heart with all the meth jokes haha the point I’m trying to make is that here Pisgah has had a kid 6’5 240-50 pounds or so and puts him at wide receiver most of the time. There is no chance that’s where colleges are going to play him. They are either going to play him at TE if he’s LUCKY, but chances are the scouts are selling him this pipe dream of tons of catches each year.. when in actuality they know if they can just get him on campus they are going to be like “after talking your situation over with the other coaches.. we believe your best shot to get on the field is going to be at Tackle, so get an extra plate at dinner from now on” you can sit there and laugh and giggle all you want but I know how the recruitment process works. His recruiter from NC state is their line coach so we’ll see what happens. So if we’re discussing in the Box football.. which is what I was saying at the beginning of this convo.. Monday is better. IMO
You really, really have no idea of what you are talking about. And as I said before, Kam will be utilized very differently this year on both offense AND defense.

You really, really have no idea of what you are talking about. And as I said before, Kam will be utilized very differently this year on both offense AND defense.
He SHOULD be playing defense. But as far as his college experience goes i hope the kid is fulfilled with what he wants to do.. but don’t be shocked and bothered if he ends up being a tackle like i said..Cause a ton of tackles in D1 football played TE in high school at one point or another. They make good tackles because their feet are so good to be so big. But keep telling yourself that i have no idea what I’m talking about haha whatever makes ya feel good.

The line coach recruiter is the recruiter for WNC. He’s a McDowell graduate. I spoke to him at a basketball game he attended. Wouldn’t matter if you were being recruited as a tightend, linebacker, or defensive back, he would be the recruiter. You really need to quit calling kids out on here by there name.

The line coach recruiter is the recruiter for WNC. He’s a McDowell graduate. I spoke to him at a basketball game he attended. Wouldn’t matter if you were being recruited as a tightend, linebacker, or defensive back, he would be the recruiter. You really need to quit calling kids out on here by there name.
Yes the recruiter has certain regions they are assigned, and we’re in his zone. Like i said though don’t be shocked. Oh and btw don’t try and act all PC and high and mighty by saying I’m out of line when you’re the one on here insulting and insinuating people being meth addicts haha

Yes the recruiter has certain regions they are assigned, and we’re in his zone. Like i said though don’t be shocked. Oh and btw don’t try and act all PC and high and mighty by saying I’m out of line when you’re the one on here insulting and insinuating people being meth addicts haha

Talking about kids and you’re addiction are two completely different things.

You act as if I said anything hateful about either kid haha if anything I complimented both of them and wished them both the best. Get off your high horse. Oh and way to not call out yourself and your Pisgah friends for saying their name.

This is my first post, and I apologize ahead of time if I’m long winded. I’m a Tuscola graduate and a former 3 sport athlete who was blessed to play at the college level. I’m not sure what 91ths and waynesvegas are trying to accomplish here. These athletes you are talking about are teenagers, and neither one of you apparently have had to deal with being recruited. It’s both exciting and frightening at the same time. The letters, the visits, the workouts, and conversations with coaches and scouts are all taking place while you still try to keep up with your classes, practices, and personal life. You’re pulled 100 different directions and it’s extremely overwhelming for a teenager. With that said, college athletics is not daddy ball. You now have coaches who have million dollar contracts on the line, and they are going to offer to the kid that has the best chance of giving them an opportunity to be successful. The coaches have to deal with alumni and boosters that bring millions upon millions to the table. In conclusion, GET OVER YOURSELF. Coach Doeren is a great coach and recruiter, and knows what he is doing. Don’t try to take away from what these kids have accomplished! Good luck to both young men and God Bless!

Last edited:
This is my first post, and I apologize ahead of time if I’m long winded. I’m a Tuscola graduate and a former 3 sport athlete who was blessed to play at the college level. I’m not sure what 91ths and waynesvegas are trying to accomplish here. These athletes you are talking about are teenagers, and neither one of you apparently have had to deal with being recruited. It’s both exciting and frightening at the same time. The letters, the visits, the workouts, and conversations with coaches and scouts are all taking place while you still try to keep up with your classes, practices, and personal life. You’re pulled 100 different directions and it’s extremely overwhelming for a teenager. With that said, college athletics is not daddy ball. You now have coaches who have million dollar contracts on the line, and they are going to offer to the kid that has the best chance of giving them an opportunity to be successful. The coaches have to deal with alumni and boosters that bring millions upon millions to the table. In conclusion, GET OVER YOURSELF. Coach Doeren is a great coach and recruiter, and knows what he is doing. Don’t try to take away from what these kids have accomplished! Good luck to both young men and God Bless!
Don’t assume too much Slider. As if you’re the only one on here who played 3 sports and played at the next level.. so jump on in the boat and we’ll all get over ourselves together. And i think It’s the 3rd time I’ve said this.. best of luck to both the boys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT