ADVERTISEMENT

Albemarle @ West Stanly

I know when I'm being talked about here! LMAO!

If neither of your teams have won a State Title, then hush that fuss up!

I could care less about how good the "other" teams are... I'm not focused on them, TF...

When Albemarle hit rock bottom all of a sudden it's "Albemarle Sucks", Albemarle ain't got this Albemarle ain't got that, Albemarle Albemarle...Albemarle must taste like sweet nectar in your mouths!

The heck with West Stanly...who hasn't done anything since 1997 when Hamilton ran the ball, and West Montgomery...never accomplished anything on the planet lol.

Screw that! Go Dogs!

Got 5? Heck no!
@sway1532, agree with most except that Quan Sturdivant ruffed us up a few times in the 2000's.

I know when I'm being talked about here! LMAO!

If neither of your teams have won a State Title, then hush that fuss up!

I could care less about how good the "other" teams are... I'm not focused on them, TF...

When Albemarle hit rock bottom all of a sudden it's "Albemarle Sucks", Albemarle ain't got this Albemarle ain't got that, Albemarle Albemarle...Albemarle must taste like sweet nectar in your mouths!

The heck with West Stanly...who hasn't done anything since 1997 when Hamilton ran the ball, and West Montgomery...never accomplished anything on the planet lol.

Screw that! Go Dogs!

Got 5? Heck no!

Spoken like a true "Yesterday" person. Be a "tomorrow" person. A "tomorrow" person cares about the future. A "yesterday" person only relives the past through their rose-tinted glasses. The same person tends to be very thin-skinned when talking about today and tomorrow because those two periods aren't that nice.

A "tomorrow" person doesn't give false praise. He or she doesn't come up with rhetorical crap that no one cares about. A tomorrow person encourages the next generation of people to be the best that they can be. A "yesterday" person reminds people of the "good ole times" while complaining about the world today.

Be a tomorrow person. Encourage your players to practice hard, train hard, lift weights, run, and yes, even encourage them to work hard in the classroom. Sacrifice plus Sweat equals Success.

West Stanly beats Albemarle and beats them down. The Colts are senior heavy and experienced, Albemarle is a dumpster fire. I hate it for the kids, but that is the case. I don't think WS scores 50+, but they should take Albemarle handily.

West Stanly beats Albemarle and beats them down. The Colts are senior heavy and experienced, Albemarle is a dumpster fire. I hate it for the kids, but that is the case. I don't think WS scores 50+, but they should take Albemarle handily.

I agree and we can tell you are right by how the Albemarle faithful has abandoned this young team. Seeing adults make excuses against their own kids disgusts me. Perfect example is this abd the failed tax referendum. Gutleas at its worst.

I agree and we can tell you are right by how the Albemarle faithful has abandoned this young team. Seeing adults make excuses against their own kids disgusts me. Perfect example is this abd the failed tax referendum. Gutleas at its worst.
Close the school. Stanly County people fight change tooth and nail, but maybe that's why their stuck 30 yrs in the past.

Reactions: sway1532
He can implode all he want, but it's because of the stubborness of the people out there that the kids cannot get the top education they deserve. What a joke.

Well, get ready to hear about an irrelevant story about some county in Ohio and how the "study" proves that it's important to segregate children. Yes, it's like going back to Selma Alabama, 1964....

Reactions: atucker2
As a football fan,can someone tell me what has happened to AHS football. Last I heard it was getting tough with the administration but how bout the coaching decisions etc.
Are all coaches volunteers now or teaching vocation coarses . I read that last year I think. Just concerned,I know Baxter Morris pretty well and knew Jack. Fine coaches.
Man,talent used to be there.

Reactions: bulldog nation2014
As a football fan,can someone tell me what has happened to AHS football. Last I heard it was getting tough with the administration but how bout the coaching decisions etc.
Are all coaches volunteers now or teaching vocation coarses . I read that last year I think. Just concerned,I know Baxter Morris pretty well and knew Jack. Fine coaches.

We have had some threat of closure and coaching turnover. The closure is off the table but in the beginning of rebuilding now. Our athletic director is working hard and doing a great job. We are very young across the board. Football wise we still have the kids that can make a huge impact but need to get them involved again.

And no all coaches are not volunteer. They are paid with some volunteering.

We have had some threat of closure and coaching turnover. The closure is off the table but in the beginning of rebuilding now. Our athletic director is working hard and doing a great job. We are very young across the board. Football wise we still have the kids that can make a huge impact but need to get them involved again.
Bulldog, are you sure the threat is totally gone, or just gone temporarily? I know many schools were not willing to schedule the Bulldogs to a home and home out of conference because of the threat of closure.
I don't want to see Albemarle close, lots of history there, but I have heard it may still be on the table. Now I may be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

Bulldog should be pretty informed of what's going on. Let's just go to far off topic...I know it's a hot issue in Stanly County. Good civil discussion!!

Bulldog, are you sure the threat is totally gone, or just gone temporarily? I know many schools were not willing to schedule the Bulldogs to a home and home out of conference because of the threat of closure.
I don't want to see Albemarle close, lots of history there, but I have heard it may still be on the table. Now I may be wrong, but that's what I've heard.

Yes the plans are off the table and we have a new Superintendent now which I think will do a great job and a new BOE coming in November. ;) off the table I am sure there will be changes to improve the county academically as there should be but really looking forward to seeing what they can do.

Athletically you are correct a lot of people talking about things they don't know about and it impacted us greatly in fact scheduling across the board was tough. This year will be rough scheduling wise however next year we will get back to a normal schedule. Thankfully.

Reactions: Dogs9
One thing that happened is that Coach Mason is our fifth head coach in the last five years. Hopefully he will stay and give the kids some stability.

One thing that happened is that Coach Mason is our fifth head coach in the last five years. Hopefully he will stay and give the kids some stability.

That's what Albemarle football needs: stability. If he goes 2-9 or 1-10, there's a strong chance that the bandwagon fans as Buddy Rich so described will call for his head. With the lack of talent, a 1-10 or 2-9 record should be expected.

What Albemarle needs is a realistic AD and principal making the decisions on their schedules from this point. Don't take this the wrong way...I don't know that either of the current men in charge had anything to do with the recent football schedules...they probably didn't, but unless you are an OSTRICH....everyone has known for a few years that AHS was losing students. Enrollment was waaaay down. Why would you think you could compete with the Concords, Lake Norman Charters, etc. with 360 kids in the hallways? Back in time, sure...but unfortunately we live in an Albemarle where the only cotton you'll find is in aspirin bottles. The days of the mills and community identity have slipped into the history books. With that said, I would have re-worked this schedule somehow to play Cape Hatteras if that was what it took to get a win. This YOUNG squad only needs a little confidence and support. Getting banged up in the first two weeks can cause you to lose the first four. One man's opinion....

What Albemarle needs is a realistic AD and principal making the decisions on their schedules from this point. Don't take this the wrong way...I don't know that either of the current men in charge had anything to do with the recent football schedules...they probably didn't, but unless you are an OSTRICH....everyone has known for a few years that AHS was losing students. Enrollment was waaaay down. Why would you think you could compete with the Concords, Lake Norman Charters, etc. with 360 kids in the hallways? Back in time, sure...but unfortunately we live in an Albemarle where the only cotton you'll find is in aspirin bottles. The days of the mills and community identity have slipped into the history books. With that said, I would have re-worked this schedule somehow to play Cape Hatteras if that was what it took to get a win. This YOUNG squad only needs a little confidence and support. Getting banged up in the first two weeks can cause you to lose the first four. One man's opinion....

AD is doing a spectacular job and we have never had 360 kids. We are just north of 500 now. Last year we had 411 after the week long open enrollment.

You should read Deana's post.

Anyways, @bulldog nation2014 do you have a roster? I would love to see what Albemarle has on the field before I go check them out Friday.

I know just know of what little players we have from speaking with one of the coaches, that will be very good by the time they are juniors.

Side note, Good luck to Mason and his staff Friday against county rival West Stanly....prove my 40-12 score wrong lol!

I've heard good things about the current AD as well. I was clear in saying I don't think he or the current principal were part of the current schedules. My point was that a school with an enrollment of 411 (I was told about 360 were there in January last year. Every school loses kids during the year to early graduation, dropouts, transfers, etc.) should NOT be playing a traditional powerhouse with 1100 students. I also don't see scheduling a private school who can pull students from an entire county. I agree that Thomasville is a good rivalry and should stay. I even think the West Stanly game is in play most years and the gate makes sense. Beyond that...I would take a 2-2 record going into the YVC over the current potential 0-4 and give these young players a little confidence...even if we traveled to the coast to find a team to compete with. Just an opinion...not trying to slam ANYONE.

AD is doing a spectacular job and we have never had 360 kids. We are just north of 500 now. Last year we had 411 after the week long open enrollment.
The biggest problem with Albemarle is the town has aged out, the kids that graduate move away to find work because of the lack of quality paying jobs for the most part and when the school lines go so far into to city limits ,and have for many years then AHS is limited to where kids come from. Now that the lines have been redrawn and there was an open enrollment for a certain little click to take their kids and run to another school then this is whats left. Redistricting will not work now because people from out in the county still remember them ass whoopings from years past so they are not receptive to their kids attending AHS just my opinion

The biggest problem with Albemarle is the town has aged out, the kids that graduate move away to find work because of the lack of quality paying jobs for the most part and when the school lines go so far into to city limits ,and have for many years then AHS is limited to where kids come from. Now that the lines have been redrawn and there was an open enrollment for a certain little click to take their kids and run to another school then this is whats left. Redistricting will not work now because people from out in the county still remember them ass whoopings from years past so they are not receptive to their kids attending AHS just my opinion

The kids that have come in per redistricting and are playing fall sports seem to really like it just from what I have heard I have only been able to meet a couple so far and seem to be making friends and getting along really well. Will it work? I think it will but time will only tell. We can speculate this that and the other but ultimately time will have the answer.

I hope it does as the Albemarle schools has such a huge impact on the community. The better AHS is doing the more of a positive impact it has so it's a really good thing for the success of AHS whether you like the school or not.

Instead of Concord...how about trying to schedule some teams up in my area. I think a Starmount-Albemarle series would be pretty good. I know Starmount's schedule is locked up for the next 2 years, but in future it may be available.

Thank you, finally someone with some sense lol. I don't know how many times we have to repeat ourselves here, Albemarle is an aging community. We will never fill the stands like we did the past 20 years. Most of the alumni are the age of @Buddy Rich for gods sake, and the other half that my age have caught the next flight to "Paradise" and only keep up with Albemarle through facebook..

It's hard to keep up 4 high schools when there are more deaths than births... I've said in the past I was for merging the high schools, but there needs to be 2 "Brand New" high schools in order for me to accept that move. If that happens, our kids will be able to compete again.

As far as the arse whoopings go....ol well lol

I've heard good things about the current AD as well. I was clear in saying I don't think he or the current principal were part of the current schedules. My point was that a school with an enrollment of 411 (I was told about 360 were there in January last year. Every school loses kids during the year to early graduation, dropouts, transfers, etc.) should NOT be playing a traditional powerhouse with 1100 students. I also don't see scheduling a private school who can pull students from an entire county. I agree that Thomasville is a good rivalry and should stay. I even think the West Stanly game is in play most years and the gate makes sense. Beyond that...I would take a 2-2 record going into the YVC over the current potential 0-4 and give these young players a little confidence...even if we traveled to the coast to find a team to compete with. Just an opinion...not trying to slam ANYONE.

Scheduling wise we didn't have much of a choice the effort was there. Anyway you slice dice and chop it we are going to be young this year and probably inconsistent as most young teams are. I'm the long term from what I see out of this freshman and sophomore class we have a bright future. Like I have said before the kids are there. You know with coaching changes like we have had you lose kids coach Mason has some work in front of him but he can turn this program around quickly if he can get those kids back involved.

Instead of Concord...how about trying to schedule some teams up in my area. I think a Starmount-Albemarle series would be pretty good. I know Starmount's schedule is locked up for the next 2 years, but in future it may be available.

Starmount don't want any of this! lol. By that time @Deana_King, Albemarle will be handing out the "Expectations!", ya'll might get embarrassed!

Heck we might have to start scheduling Mallard Creek or somebody in the next 2 years or so...mark my words.

Thank you, finally someone with some sense lol. I don't know how many times we have to repeat ourselves here, Albemarle is an aging community. We will never fill the stands like we did the past 20 years. Most of the alumni are the age of @Buddy Rich for gods sake, and the other half that my age have caught the next flight to "Paradise" and only keep up with Albemarle through facebook..

It's hard to keep up 4 high schools when there are more deaths than births... I've said in the past I was for merging the high schools, but there needs to be 2 "Brand New" high schools in order for me to accept that move. If that happens, our kids will be able to compete again.

As far as the arse whoopings go....ol well lol

In regards to two brand new HS which sounds good but anybody have 120 million to do it lol.

If there's a will there's a way. I'm pretty sure with all that education on the BOE and County, someone could think of a plan to get it done.

There is but it would take trust between the the community and central. I honestly think we are on the right path with the new super and new BOE coming in. I think they will do a great job.

What Albemarle needs is leadership. Even Stevie Wonder can see a lack of cohesiveness on the football field. With only 7 juniors and seniors, you won't see much leadership on the field. Most of the good talent left for the schools with the greener grass. As a result these Albemarle kids got pummeled in their first two games. This wasn't a learning experience but more of a public execution. West Stanly will take out a lot of anger and embarrass Albemarle this coming Friday. It's sad to see a school that essentially has a JV squad compete against these more mature, talented teams.

What Albemarle needs is leadership. Even Stevie Wonder can see a lack of cohesiveness on the football field. With only 7 juniors and seniors, you won't see much leadership on the field. Most of the good talent left for the schools with the greener grass. As a result these Albemarle kids got pummeled in their first two games. This wasn't a learning experience but more of a public execution. West Stanly will take out a lot of anger and embarrass Albemarle this coming Friday. It's sad to see a school that essentially has a JV squad compete against these more mature, talented teams.

No kidding... We have a good group of young men and a hard nose coach. The real reason why kids went to greener pastures is because Mason came in with his "Law" and done away with the "Old Law". Order was needed and he brought it. Question, the players that did leave, were they good leaders? Cause from what I've seen, there hasn't been any leadership on that team in 4 years.

To the seniors that did stick around, thank you. Give those young guys some words of wisdom and advice and pass the torch. I wish it could've worked out better in the end. Thank you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT