ADVERTISEMENT

South Davidson at Albemarle

BlackKnightNut

May 13, 2007
South has had a respectable season. Albemarle started off slow against a relatively strong schedule and then finished strong. The Bulldogs will have an advantage in team speed but does South have the opportunity of making it a game? I suspect the Tville posters will have some pretty good insight.

Reactions: RedBulldogs1988
Depends on which Albemarle team shows up.The one who that make turnovers and silly penalties against South Stanly or the team that played well against Mt Pleasant and North Stanly.I'll take the Dogs in this matchup but not a blowout.

Reactions: BlackKnightNut
Depends on which Albemarle team shows up.The one who that make turnovers and silly penalties against South Stanly or the team that played well against Mt Pleasant and North Stanly.I'll take the Dogs in this matchup but not a blowout.
You can’t really look at that south game they were already without 4 starters and we were up 18-12 then our main receiver and one of the best players got hurt #8. All 4 of those starters go both ways plus the one that got hurt at the end of the 3rd I think it was. Against mount pleasant and north stanly we were healthy and walked out of north stanly healthy

I would agree we need to stay focused and not look past SD. Personally just happy the boys are healthy walking into this moment and hope they can capitalize on it. They are playing good football right now. Go Dogs!!!

Reactions: bigtime_87
SD started strong but has taken some tail beatings when they face good teams. Folks talking are saying the Wildcats are ready for wrestling and basketball season already. Hope the Cats find some of that early season fight and enjoy the playoff experience. Could this be the last game as the Wildcats HC for Honeycutt?

Crazy they almost beat North Rowan. The schedule caught up to them having to play Lexington Tville and Salisbury all in a row. West Davidson is simply awful but two wins in a row over the Dragons is celebratory historically. Even in Wests worst years they could usually pencil in a W over South. Not so anymore...

IF the South Davidson team that played North Rowan shows up, South will take it. This could be a 7-6 or 14-12 game if both "bad" versions show up. . . and it's a tossup as to who will have the high score
Albemarle finished very strong and has SD's cryptonite (speed and athleticism). Hope SD can find a way to win as I would love to see Tville host week 2 (if they can win).

I watched South play earlier this year and thought they had something going and then I watched them against Thomasville and absolutely nobody on the team looked interested. To me it was like a completely different team. I thought they had life in the beginning of the season and no late.

That’s how it plays out. If you seen us early on we made a bunch of mistakes missing our starting qb and not fully healthy and losing all these games close and then watch us the last 3 weeks healthy you can see everything coming together. So could be a multitude of factors health frustration etc. The great thing about the playoffs is everyone is 0-0

That’s how it plays out. If you seen us early on we made a bunch of mistakes missing our starting qb and not fully healthy and losing all these games close and then watch us the last 3 weeks healthy you can see everything coming together. So could be a multitude of factors health frustration etc. The great thing about the playoffs is everyone is 0-0
Glad to see the Blue Dogs coming back to competitive and maybe the old rival can come back with Thomasville. During a part of the early 2000's it was either Albemarle or Thomasville that won the state title. Both had a great run and I hope to see them come back stronger and get more titles down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT