ADVERTISEMENT

AC Reynolds might be the "hottest team" in 3AA

CPC4LIFE

Jul 31, 2010
After starting 0-2 against 2 Great teams(Undefeated Shelby and 9-1 West Forsyth) Nobody may be playing better football than AC Reynolds. This team is hot, they are very tough at home; hidden in those mountains on that turf field gives them more of an advantage. The weather will be cold; they will be hosting, plus the season has been moved back a week(Hurricane) in late Nov. early Dec.... I'm telling you, THEY are use to it... ask a great talented RJ Reynolds November 21st 2008... RJR averaged 50pts a game but the players just wilted and lost a close one in zero degree weather with a -15 wind chill up that mountain. 16-9

Last edited:
Weddington has owned not only us but our conference in general. They definitely are our hurdle. However Erwin/Sun Valley in round two would not be a gimme.

Reactions: AhsCougar1
After starting 0-2 against 2 Great teams(Undefeated Shelby and 9-1 West Forsyth) Nobody may be playing better football than AC Reynolds. This team is hot, they are very tough at home; hidden in those mountains on that turf field gives them more of an advantage. The weather will be cold; they will be hosting, plus the season has been moved back a week(Hurricane) in late Nov. early Dec.... I'm telling you, THEY are use to it... ask a great talented North Forsyth team a 8/9 years ago...who just wilted and lost a close one in zero degree weather with a -15 wind chill up that mountain.
Don't remember North Forsyth playing ACR 8 or 9 years ago.

with all due respect to Weddington...still feeling pretty heavy handed up here in Rocket Country

Weddington is playing some great ball right now maybe the best in 3A. KM is going to be a problem for someone. Don't sleep on them in the west.

AC is rich in tradition with 3 state titles but calling them the hottest team in 3AA is a bit much. They had to win last second against a good Watauga squad and were down big late to a mediocre Erwin squad and had to come from behind and win in overtime. The MAC doesn't have the competition that the Charlotte teams face week in and week out. Weddington is the hottest team in 3AA. There on a roll after a rough start

Keep in mind no ACR fan has started this thread, I even agree that Weddington is on a role and a mountain killer!

AC is rich in tradition with 3 state titles but calling them the hottest team in 3AA is a bit much. They had to win last second against a good Watauga squad and were down big late to a mediocre Erwin squad and had to come from behind and win in overtime. The MAC doesn't have the competition that the Charlotte teams face week in and week out. Weddington is the hottest team in 3AA. There on a roll after a rough start
I guarantee that nobody wants to face the so called mediocre team of Erwin in the playoffs. We have played way better competition then we will face in the first round no matter who we draw. If our quarterback is healthy then we will be a force to reckon with and not anyway shape or form a pushover. You can ask Davidson Day, ACR, Franklin and the TN teams we played this year. Our defense is suspect but our offense can put up points on anyone if we are healthy.

Last edited:
I said "might be" the hottest team

I do stand corrected; it was RJ Reynolds not North Forsyth on November 21 2008 in a 16-9 game. A brutally cold game and RJR players said they haven't played in that before. It was a big cold front with a ton of wind that moved in.

After starting 0-2 against 2 Great teams(Undefeated Shelby and 9-1 West Forsyth) Nobody may be playing better football than AC Reynolds. This team is hot, they are very tough at home; hidden in those mountains on that turf field gives them more of an advantage. The weather will be cold; they will be hosting, plus the season has been moved back a week(Hurricane) in late Nov. early Dec.... I'm telling you, THEY are use to it... ask a great talented RJ Reynolds November 21st 2008... RJR averaged 50pts a game but the players just wilted and lost a close one in zero degree weather with a -15 wind chill up that mountain. 16-9
Wasn't that a week before South Meck beat ACR on the same field?

one thing about it. all the chest pumping in the world wont carry a team now. its time to put up or shut up. being a rocket fan i think we have as good a shot as anyone out there.bring on the central cabarras team and lets get it started. good luck to all the mountain teams .

Reactions: ai1015
Weddington will play for a state championship . they do not have tons of talent but their kids are disciplined and work hard.

One thing about it, Central Cabarrus will have the best coach on the field Friday night. Reynolds is peaking at the right time though.

Donnie Kiefer coaches Central Cabarrus now. If there is a way for Reynolds to be beaten he will find it. Not sure he has the horses this year to make it happen.

Again I ask, what qualifies him as the best coach on the field? I'm not saying he isn't good, I'm asking what makes him better then Coach Laws, give me stats, something other then "he's the best".

I like Shane Laws he has done a good job with GREAT talent, but if I have to sit here and defend Donnie Kiefer's abilites to you then this is a total waste of time. That is like me having a Nick Saban versus Larry Fedora argument. For the record, I would like to see Reynolds make a run of it this year. They are the best team in the mountains.

I wasn't trying to argue, I simply wondered what made him a better coach, I like to know your opinion on why. Just saying he's the best is not a reason, I want your thoughts on what it is. For the record in 2009, we didn't have the best talent in 4A, but Coach Laws coached them to a state title.

Is that the same Coach Laws that brought the #3 Ranked 4A team in the State to play an unranked Tuscola team in Waynesville in 2008 and let a junior named Tyler Brosius throw all of them without making one single adjustment in the whole game? He threw 10 yard outs and curls the whole game and you kept your 12 yard cushion for 4 quarters. Yeah, you were better at every position other than Tuscola's QB and Kiefer used you guys like a rented mule. If this is a different Coach Laws, let me know. And yes, I do like Coach Laws and think he does a great job so I am not slamming him.

You guys too. Hope you bring a title back to Fairview. 3A is tough this year, not sure we have the horses for that division.

Is that the same Coach Laws that brought the #3 Ranked 4A team in the State to play an unranked Tuscola team in Waynesville in 2008 and let a junior named Tyler Brosius throw all of them without making one single adjustment in the whole game? He threw 10 yard outs and curls the whole game and you kept your 12 yard cushion for 4 quarters. Yeah, you were better at every position other than Tuscola's QB and Kiefer used you guys like a rented mule. If this is a different Coach Laws, let me know. And yes, I do like Coach Laws and think he does a great job so I am not slamming him.

To be fair that was Coach Laws second season as a head coach. He has really improved on a lot of his decision making since then. I will say that Keiffer is a great coach too. Should be an interesting game.

I guess Chapell is better than Pursley then.

I would take Pursley, but I get your point. There was more discipline on the Mean Machine from The Longest Yard than Chappell implements with his teams. But I am a guy who thinks Bobby Knight was soft.

Reactions: AHSDYNASY
i was at that tuscola reynolds game and if my memory is correct reynolds had 3 long touchdown runs nullified by holding calls. i think brosius threw the ball 30 or 35 times that night and i dont recall a holding penalty . i dont think either coach outcoached the other that night. but till you win the big prize in high school football your still a notch under the coaches that have won it. just my opinion

There is no doubt that both coaches are exceptional. But the truth is that neither coach will play a single play tonight. It will come down to the players on the field. No disrespect to Central Cabarrus but when you look at Max Preps highlights for both teams it is obvious that the talent and size factor goes to Reynolds.

If Reynolds loses in the playoffs, it'll be because they beat themselves. I've never seen more stubborn playcalling than when they continued to run into a stacked box or when they killed not one but two TD passes because of all that pointless motion they do in the backfield. You'd think they'd just cut all that stuff out the first time because it doesn't fool anyone. They get away with it because they outclass most of their opponents but when they meet their match, I can't help but feel like their playcaller won't be able to adjust. I hope I'm wrong but every time I watch them, I come away feeling like they should have looked alot sharper given the talent they have. I barely survived the first match up with Erwin, the second one might be just as epic.

I've never understood Bamatide's obsession with Kieffer. He is a solid coach no doubt, but Laws is a great coach and there is no way you can say that Kieffer is clearly the better coach. Talk to any head coach around here who has gone head-to-head with Kieffer and they would tell you he is a sleaze ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT