ADVERTISEMENT

A biggie next week... Burns @ Shelby

What actually happened to Starnes? Anyone know... I know it didn't look like he was moving for a bit... Just wonder if he was out or what... Either way it was a really scary scene...

We don’t fumble early in the game when it looked like we were gonna tie the game and botch the snap on the punt and it’s a completely different ballgame. Penalties also took us out of our game, and our passing game was nonexistent. Also we could not stop the run in the third quarter, Shelby milked the clock with Phillips. We were lucky to keep it close honestly in the first half. Shelby made some big plays. Congratulations Lions.

Starnes is going to be OK. Thank goodness. He just posted on his Snapchat he is on his way home from the hospital. Shelby Rescue, don’t EVEN get me started, they made an absolute fool of themselves.

On to East Gaston. Not too happy with how the schedule worked out with this 3-game conference road trip. But we are the new guys.
Awesome news.Don't know if you could hear it on the Burns side but when the Shelby rescue ambulance come by on the track the Shelby crowd booed them.Horrible response by rescue personal to a kid down.

Nothing for Burns to hang our heads about on this one. Shelby is just loaded with talent period. I think we all knew that. If they had not goofed a couple of times in the red zone the game could have been more of a blowout. But, we have a great team at Burns this year as well. Man, look at how much better we are over the last two years. This year we get a win over both Crest and South Point. The goal now should be to win out and win at least one playoff game. We do that and we get a ten win season. Considering where we have been, I'll gladly take that. Add in how well the JV Dogs are doing and the future is now looking much brighter for the Dogs. On to next week. Go Dawgs!!

Congrats to the Lions on the W. It was well earned and the Dogs played hard but it was just not our night.....still a great season and alot of football left.

This has to be said! BULLDOGS our offensive play calling looked exactly like what got us beat all of last year! We tried to beat Shelby with 1 player which was an absolute horrible coaching strategy! We looked like the team from last year when we resorted back to the same old stuff! If we continue running Pryor to death he will not make it! We can’t win the championship or even big games with 36 yards passing! JMO

Reactions: Bulldog_012
Ill say this... Pryor strategy has worked up until last night... But I do wonder why CJ Hopper didnt get into the game until what the fourth quarter and carried it maybe twice?

Both defenses actually played pretty good overall i thought.... It was a good game...

Ill say this... Pryor strategy has worked up until last night... But I do wonder why CJ Hopper didnt get into the game until what the fourth quarter and carried it maybe twice?

Both defenses actually played pretty good overall i thought.... It was a good game...
Not really! He has just been dynamic but our offense has been pretty even! Look at the QB numbers from past 3 weeks! Our defense stood up I was real proud of them but all Shelby had to do was focus on Pryor cause we gave them no reason to come out the box!

Not really! He has just been dynamic but our offense has been pretty even! Look at the QB numbers from past 3 weeks! Our defense stood up I was real proud of them but all Shelby had to do was focus on Pryor cause we gave them no reason to come out the box!
You don’t think Shelby’s D is a different animal than your previous three opponents, South Point, Chase, and East Rutherford?

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
SL I too have wondered about CJ. He a ton of touches his 10th grade year and has not really been heard from since. I know he has battled injuries so that could be the issue.

I think I’ll have to disagree with this. I think the the OC may not fully trust Seeezy with the throw. I’m really not sure why, but that game was the most imbalance I have seen all year from play call. Kujuan hasn’t carried anywhere near as much as last year. CJ should definitely carry more to give Bo a break every now and then no doubt. As several of Burns starters were hobbled during the game.

Shelby defense is a whole different animal than anyone we have played all year. With that being said though I do think the read option is pointless if they aren’t going to read it. 75% of the time the DE’s we’re so tunnel vision on Bo that Sweezy could have pulled and got nice yards and kept them honest. 24 is a stud and if he can put some weight on he is going to be a couple handfuls for the next couple years.

I do think that if both teams play the way they can there will be a big rematch come playoffs.

I was just glad to see us establish a run game.
I also like the mix up on play calling by coaching staff..least more then normal..
Bess using head fake and faking hand off helped freeze the D long enough to make play.
Also we dont want to run Bess much....but glad he made playes when needed
Now lets build on this and go handle them Red taters in Belmont

You don’t think Shelby’s D is a different animal than your previous three opponents, South Point, Chase, and East Rutherford?
I’ll admit Shelby defense has the most talent we’ve seen but our play calling didn’t help matters at all! That “Pryor ball” got us killed all last year. This year Cam already has 1000 yards passing already. That’s more than all of last year! Can’t go back to that. Pryor such a dynamic player he is gonna get his! You don’t have to force feed him! If he touches the ball the excitement about to began!

Last edited:
Reactions: Lion Attack
I’ll admit Shelby defense has the most talent we’ve seen but our play calling didn’t help matters at all! That “Pryor ball” got us killed all last year. This year Cam already has 1000 yards passing already. That’s more than all of last year! Can’t go back to that. Pryor such a dynamic player he is gonna get his! You don’t have to force feed him! If he touches the ball the excitement about to began!
We were 4-11 for 36 yards. 7 incomplete passes and one that I know the QB wants back. Had Leslie wide open down the sideline and threw it to the middle. Do you think the lack of success is what forces the run game more? Not knocking your opinion just wanting to hear your thoughts. I know we were off at times and I also expected Hopper as back and Pryor in slot like others did in second half.

About the game: It came down to Shelby taking advantage of our mistakes and we did not take advantage of Shelby mistakes. Coming in I knew we had to force mistakes and use them to our success. We don’t have a bad snap on punt and Shelby doesn’t have a short field. We don’t fumble on the 2 we have 7 more and possible 1 point lead going into halftime. 2 drives inside the 10 and came away with 7. Eliminate those and force the mistakes Shelby made and we have a close game down to the wire. I know Shelby had chances to increase the score but made mistakes. My point is that is how we win that game. Force them and not make them.

Reactions: Bulldog_012
We were 4-11 for 36 yards. 7 incomplete passes and one that I know the QB wants back. Had Leslie wide open down the sideline and threw it to the middle. Do you think the lack of success is what forces the run game more? Not knocking your opinion just wanting to hear your thoughts. I know we were off at times and I also expected Hopper as back and Pryor in slot like others did in second half.

About the game: It came down to Shelby taking advantage of our mistakes and we did not take advantage of Shelby mistakes. Coming in I knew we had to force mistakes and use them to our success. We don’t have a bad snap on punt and Shelby doesn’t have a short field. We don’t fumble on the 2 we have 7 more and possible 1 point lead going into halftime. 2 drives inside the 10 and came away with 7. Eliminate those and force the mistakes Shelby made and we have a close game down to the wire. I know Shelby had chances to increase the score but made mistakes. My point is that is how we win that game. Force them and not make them.
I def think the coaching staff doesn’t trust Cam! He has happy feet sometimes but that calm comes with repetition and time. A lot of the passing routes led receivers into bad parts of the field plus allowed some double coverage. If we use Bo like we should in my opinion, they wouldn’t be able to prepare for him cause nobody would know where he’s lining up! Kinda like Ruff for Crest! Pryor is such a special talent! But he can’t be your 35 carries a game guy when we got a bruiser waiting to play in Hopper. Bo should touch the ball at least every 3 plays from different positions on the field!!!! Your right about the mistakes

Imo..Pyor scared us more beingu cant see him and he easily avoids tackles.
Hopper to me wouldnt be a threat to our D.
I. Belive they would have tackled him better.
As for DD play calling. I too knew he wanted to keep us off balance, but in the pass what u dont understand we have very solid Dbs and safteys.
We were play our best players in those positions.
As said above when u go 4-11 and not moving ball u cant keep forcing the ball..
Why would u quit when your getting 8-10 yrds a carry running ball.
I do belive Shelby made major adjustments after half to stop Pyor.
So in other words i agree should have mixed the run and then tryed throwing over top cause u know we kept pulling D up if qu would have went with 2 backs.
We can guess all we want on both side but they are the coaches..
It was a hard. Fought game....goid luck to Burns here on out...

Reactions: Lawn12Dog
[SHELBY DEFENSE HAS THE MOST TALENT WE'VE SEEN,] better go back and check the tapes of the KM GAMES AGAINST BURNS AND SHELBY.

I thought the BURNS and SHELBY game was suppose TO BE A TOSS UP.[WHAT HAPPEN?]
We lost by 2 scores ....No excuses .....it was a toss up in my opinion. A break here and there and we could have gotten the W but we didnt thats the way it goes . I will say the same now for km vs Crest ...:)

Not to change the subject, but saw something interesting on gobiggreen.net. I know the guys that run it are ACR fans, and they only poll the western side of NC but they've decided that all 4 cleveland county schools are the 4 best in WNC not counting Charlotte schools obviously. They only poll like mountain and a few foothills schools, I felt I needed to clarify that. lol just a cool thing to see...you guys carry on.

Last edited:
Not to change the subject, but saw something interesting on gobiggreen.net. I know the guys that run it are ACR fans, and they only poll the western side of NC but they've decided that all 4 cleveland county schools are the 4 best in WNC lol just a cool thing to see...you guys carry on.
Wow .....that is freaking awesome .

Reactions: crest91
Idc where yall go, but I think it's impossible for yall to go small. But even in big 2aa there will be 1 tough playoff game on the west side. Win that and it's over. 2aa east is awful. 2a east is better than 2aa east.

Just now getting some time to read and post. Congrats Shelby on the win. Shelby established a ground game that was hard to stop in the 2nd half. My biggest gripe was the damn officials.. they were HORRIBLE. Now i know people get on here and complain about refs anytime their team loses, this isn't the case, the refs inserted themselves in this game and ruined a potential barn burner! Sooooooooo many flags on both teams. Shelby was able to overcome their flags with some big plays, Burns wasnt.
I was so aggravated these zebras wanted to be apart of the action, let the kids sort the thing out and go home. I understand when there is an obvious flag that created a big hole etc, other than that, keep your fn flag in your pocket and let the coaches and kids figure out whose best. It looked liked the flags took Burns outa the game and they didnt know how to play without a flag, maybe made them less aggressive etc. If Shelby got a flag, they were able to get big chunks of yards to make up for it and that was the biggest difference IMO.
Both teams will be tough outs in the playoffs and a potential rematch could be a good one as well barring some drunk ass zebras wanting people to see them involved

was at the KM/Shelby middle school game last week as well just to see a good game, same thing happened...so many flags ruined a good game! consistency was not there by the refs, holding one play wasnt holding on another, I truly believe it is getting out of control with the lack of a quality official around here. Too many wanna show their striped authority. maybe its just me, but anybody else getting tired of all these flags?

Reactions: theTRUEdynasty
Burns is not good. That's what. Just hyped up to make shelby look better with harder schedule.
See, now it is mumbo jumbo like that, and skinny little lizards like you thinkin' they the last dragon that gives kung-fu a bad name. Get up, 28-20, I got somethin' real fo' yo' ass in these hands.

See, now it is mumbo jumbo like that, and skinny little lizards like you thinkin' they the last dragon that gives kung-fu a bad name. Get up, 28-20, I got somethin' real fo' yo' ass in these hands.

When I say "Who's the master" you say "SHOOOOOOO NUFF"

Shonuff-2.jpg

"Kiss my Converse"

Last edited:
was at the KM/Shelby middle school game last week as well just to see a good game, same thing happened...so many flags ruined a good game! consistency was not there by the refs, holding one play wasnt holding on another, I truly believe it is getting out of control with the lack of a quality official around here. Too many wanna show their striped authority. maybe its just me, but anybody else getting tired of all these flags?
Rev I completely agree there was almost a penalty on just about every play it seemed like. Sometimes on Burns and sometimes on Shelby. I think both teams over 120 yds each in penalties.

Reactions: The_Rev921
Burns is not good. That's what. Just hyped up to make shelby look better with harder schedule.
Quit saying Burns is not good. They are a good team. km is at a step or 2 level higher but they are not perfect, as Huss revealed. Crest is good, as they showed Huss. Shelby is good- but not unbeatable- as KM bluntly showed them. All 4 county teams are good teams- they can win or lose on any given night though. These teams are made up of kids growing up and learning. They have talent and in Cleveland county we make each other better by competing every year with one another. What’s sad is some grown adults sling crude remarks toward kids. It is true some years, some teams are not that good but This year, Burns is not one of those teams.

yeah I'd like to see the annoying small school in Clev. Cty go small 2A.

It would give a better chance at another 704 sweep for the 2A-4AA rings(South Point messed it up with their loss a few years ago).

My wish is for Vance and Shelby to both go small in their classes then it significantly increases chances for the sweep in every class above 1A.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT