ADVERTISEMENT

Televised playoff games

TGT

Sep 18, 2001
NCHSAA had this announcement :
"As a reminder for Third and Fourth Round contests this week, the NFHS Network owns the broadcast rights for every NCHSAA Playoff Game. If a contest is not on the NFHS Network, it may be broadcast by a third party after approval from the NCHSAA and the applicable fees have been paid."

There was no mention of the semifinal and championship games. Anybody have any info on that?

Sinclair has had the rights to the state final the last few years. They own a bunch of over the air channels through the state.

Just noticed on the NFHS website that the semifinal games will be on their website.

My48 in the Triad has the Friday/Saturday games on the schedule.

If you have the NFHS subscription you can select "Watch later" on all the NCHSAA playoff games. The subscription gives each subscriber 15 games to save like this.

I am seeing the Saturday games (2A & 4A) on the schedule, but not the Friday (1A & 3A) games.
I believe they are only doing the two night games Friday.
Edit: Upon further review, not so sure about that now. You are probably right RD28327

Last edited:
The NFHS network is such a ripoff!!!
Yes and no. Sometimes the quality is not very good. However with the new format it does allow us to watch all the semifinals and finals. If you wanted to watch them live it would require a week off from work. The monthly subscription is slightly more than admission for one night.

The problem is consistency. Sometimes they have commentators, most times not. Sometimes an accurate scoreboard, sometimes no score. Almost always no time information. The biggest problem is never knowing what will be in the broadcast.
Never heard an announcer with the 5 or 6 times I've watched it. Scoreboard was an inset of the actual scoreboard at the gym. I'm happy with the product in my month of using it.

Never heard an announcer with the 5 or 6 times I've watched it. Scoreboard was an inset of the actual scoreboard at the gym. I'm happy with the product in my month of using it.
They used to have announcers on it when they did regionals at LR.

Reactions: recycled2
A few snafus. Lost of signal a time or two. A few times the camera operator got a little tight on the play. But overall it was more than satisfactory. Impressive debut for the new format.
Announcers?

Look like my48 in the Triad and myRDC in the Triangle will be airing the 3A championship games on Friday and the 2A and 4A championships on Saturday. Looks like the 1A championship games are being ignored by the Sinclair TV stations. After next year (final year of this current conference alignment), Lord only knows what they may do with 16 championship games (boys and girls) in 2026.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT