ADVERTISEMENT

A biggie next week... Burns @ Shelby

Quit saying Burns is not good. They are a good team. km is at a step or 2 level higher but they are not perfect, as Huss revealed. Crest is good, as they showed Huss. Shelby is good- but not unbeatable- as KM bluntly showed them. All 4 county teams are good teams- they can win or lose on any given night though. These teams are made up of kids growing up and learning. They have talent and in Cleveland county we make each other better by competing every year with one another. What’s sad is some grown adults sling crude remarks toward kids. It is true some years, some teams are not that good but This year, Burns is not one of those teams.
Trust me, man, it could have been any team vs Shelby , and he would have called them weak. He’s been butthurt ever since 1A East Surry humbled them, and soiled that cloak of invincibility, he and other Ram posters thought they had. I saw a Ram poster post a day before that game that Reidsville is the best team in all of 2A and would go 16-0. Then next thing you know, they were being ranked no. 3 among 1A teams by 1A posters in the 1A forum behind Tarboro and East Surry.

Last edited:
Trust me, man, it could have been any team vs Shelby , and he would have called them weak. He’s been butthurt ever since 1A East Surry humbled them, and soiled that cloak of invisibility he and other Ram posters thought they had. I literally saw a Ram poster post a day before that game that the Rams is the best team in all of 2A and would go 16-0. Then next thing you know, they were being ranked no. 3 among 1A teams by 1A posters in the 1A forum behind Tarboro and East Surry.

you probably meant to say 'coat/cloak of invincibility'

I dont think they want to be invisible, but I understand what you meant.

The modern version looks like this:

https://allcitycycles.com/blog/introducing_the_cloak_of_invincibility

18353085095_0bda1948d0_b.jpg

Quit saying Burns is not good. They are a good team. km is at a step or 2 level higher but they are not perfect, as Huss revealed. Crest is good, as they showed Huss. Shelby is good- but not unbeatable- as KM bluntly showed them. All 4 county teams are good teams- they can win or lose on any given night though. These teams are made up of kids growing up and learning. They have talent and in Cleveland county we make each other better by competing every year with one another. What’s sad is some grown adults sling crude remarks toward kids. It is true some years, some teams are not that good but This year, Burns is not one of those teams.

Very true. In my opinion Crest can beat KM, and if that happens that would show how even all the county teams are.

KM is a step or two better than the rest of the county (when they play well), Shelby is behind them, Crest and Burns are right behind Shelby. Great coaching, and a certain game plan for the night, ANY of these teams can be beaten by the other school.

I wish Shelby played KM again, that would prove my point. When Crest plays them close, that will help though.

As far as the other team mentioned above, they can't beat ANY of the Cleveland County teams, and better hope they stay small 2a. Shelby will beat them by 3 touchdowns period!

Reactions: Lion Attack
Very true. In my opinion Crest can beat KM, and if that happens that would show how even all the county teams are.

KM is a step or two better than the rest of the county (when they play well), Shelby is behind them, Crest and Burns are right behind Shelby. Great coaching, and a certain game plan for the night, ANY of these teams can be beaten by the other school.

I wish Shelby played KM again, that would prove my point. When Crest plays them close, that will help though.

As far as the other team mentioned above, they can't beat ANY of the Cleveland County teams, and better hope they stay small 2a. Shelby will beat them by 3 touchdowns period!

I don't think it will be a blowout. I def give Shelby the edge. Out of the 4 games Reidsville and Shelby played only one of them was a blowout.

I agree, I think Crest can beat KM, too, and most definitely wouldn’t be surprised by a so called upset.

Reactions: golden28
Help me remember weren't those games prior to Shelby's change in offensive scheme?

2 of them were 2005 in states and 2007 in states. 2013 was a ugly blowout in Shelby favor. 2014 was a close game 17-7 shelby reidsville defense did enough to win offense did much of nothing.

Stop saying we better hope we go small 2a. We have no choice to go small with basically 1a numbers. Us losing to a 1aa school is same as if shelby lost to a 2a school. 1 classification difference. Shelby will be 3a soon as rams will be 1a soon. But rams will win State. And shelby should as well in the weak 2aa this year. It's a cake walk. Burns being the biggest competition. 2a east is better than 2aa east as well

I only get butt hurt if we lose in playoffs or states. Not a regular season game. Regular season means absolutely nothing. I've seen 4-7 teams make to states

Stop saying we better hope we go small 2a. We have no choice to go small with basically 1a numbers. Us losing to a 1aa school is same as if shelby lost to a 2a school. 1 classification difference. Shelby will be 3a soon as rams will be 1a soon. But rams will win State. And shelby should as well in the weak 2aa this year. It's a cake walk. Burns being the biggest competition. 2a east is better than 2aa east as well

I don’t think reidsville will be 1a. And Shelby could go small 2a

Reactions: 72special
He must be talking about davie county at 5-6 that went to the state championship?

Clinton was 6-5 and made it to states in 2006. Those are the ones that come to my mind

Cummings may have been 4-7 and went to states, but they had to forfeit all of those games.

He graduated in 08, @tarheel fan1. You really think he was mindful of Davie County or what Clinton was doing in 06? Kudos for backing your fellow Ram, but nah, he will say anything at times to support his posts.

Last edited:
Who won middle school game yesterday, no mention in star, but that’s normal, at least I could not find it.

Who won middle school game yesterday, no mention in star, but that’s normal, at least I could not find it.
Burns won 16-6. KTC Broadcasting actually streamed the game live. You can see it on YouTube, if you’re interested.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT