ADVERTISEMENT

#8 Shelby (12-2) at #2 Hibriten (14-0)

Who wins?

• Shelby

Votes: 85 63.4%
  • Hibriten

Votes: 49 36.6%

• Total voters
That's the craziest part of this whole deal!! The city would not change the time of the parade at all, they don't seem to be very supportive toward these kids, and that's not right. I know where ill be and if we are lucky maybe we get a santa visit Friday night? BOOOO CITY OF LENOIR
All joking aside, Lenoir needs to consult city of Morganton on things. Morganton is years ahead of Lenoir on planning, development, upkeep, etc.

I guess all that matters right now is that Morganton folks are driving to Lenoir for a good football game!

I just feel like city should put a little more effort into what these kids are doing.. Its the only high school in Lenoir, not all of these guys are going off to college and live other places. These are home grown kids and they represent the community, win loose or draw. The city did the same thing last year, I think parade was in third round though, maybe west rowan game. This is "big time" for this community secnd regional appearance in two years? AND the dynasty is coming to town not santa this Friday night!!

How will Lenoir PD cover two big events, patrol 321, cover Freedman and
North Lenoir all at the same time?? God bless their hearts

Reactions: beamer24
well....Maybe since Morganton is so advanced, no argument from me,, they could loan us a couple officers to cover 321. The rest of us are old enough to police ourselves, hell I know I don't need a cop to show me how to park.

Reactions: beamer24
That's the craziest part of this whole deal!! The city would not change the time of the parade at all, they don't seem to be very supportive toward these kids, and that's not right. I know where ill be and if we are lucky maybe we get a santa visit Friday night? BOOOO CITY OF LENOIR
Since I have been here the parade has been the first Friday of Dec and the city hadn’t budged for any school activity.... 2 years ago it was West/Hibriten Basketball, last year was 3rd round game against West Rowan.... Santa and the parade will be there next yesr

Football Capital of NC is subjective.
There are many hotbeds of consistently successful programs in the state. Several more so than Reidsville. They are no capital.
They just named themselves that.

Dynasty has an objective definition with clear measurables.
Historic facts and consistent sustained success satisfy that definition. A clear leader emerges.
There is only one True Dynasty that leads all others in NC high school football.

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Football Capital of NC is subjective.
There are many hotbeds of consistently successful programs in the state. Several more so than Reidsville. They are no capital.
They just named themselves that.

Dynasty has an objective definition with clear measurables.
Historic facts and consistent sustained success satisfy that definition. A clear leader emerges.
There is only one True Dynasty that leads all others in NC high school football.
You have got to give credit where credit is due, this is why people have issues with Shelby fans! Reidsville has a much deeper tradition and with almost double the success of Shelby. At last count this is the total of state championships,
Reidsville-19, Shelby -10

By the way , 19 state titles is the most by any high school in NC. That being said, Shelby is a great program but they have a way to go to surpass Reidsville. Although Shelby has a slight edge 7-6 in State titles during the 21st century you can't take the glory away from the old folks, their state titles count too

Last edited:
Have you been under a rock?
Not going over this again.
Bullet points.

Reidsville went 31 consecutive recent years without even a championship game appearance. 1971 to 2000.
Not consistent. Not sustained.
Most titles were won before the modern era and integration.
Reidsville is a excellent program with a great history. We respect that and the leading 19 Titles. They all count.
Shelby has 15 Titles. They all count.
But Shelby has been amazingly consistent and has sustained success. And we lead Reidsville and all programs in all other significant statistical categories.
All data is on the website.
End of discussion. Readers here understand the difference. Not rehashing it with you.

shelbyhighfootball.com

Reactions: blkgolddynasty
Have you been under a rock?
Not going over this again.
Bullet points.

Reidsville went 31 consecutive recent years without even a championship game appearance. 1971 to 2000.
Not consistent. Not sustained.
Most titles were won before the modern era and integration.
Reidsville is a excellent program with a great history. We respect that and the leading 19 Titles. They all count.
Shelby has 15 Titles. They all count.
But Shelby has been amazingly consistent and has sustained success. And we lead Reidsville and all programs in all other significant statistical categories.
All data is on the website.
End of discussion. Readers here understand the difference. Not rehashing it with you.

shelbyhighfootball.com

Reidsville High School......
24 State Championship game appearances

19 state titles (two co-championships)

1930 Reidsville 20, Apex 7

1931 Reidsville 6, Apex 0

1932 Reidsville 32, Elizabeth City 12

1934 Edenton 6, Reidsville 0

1937 Reidsville 19, Hamlett 6

1939 Reidsville 18, Hamlett 0

1940 Reidsville 14, Elizabeth City 12

1943 Reidsville 6, Laurinburg 6

1944 Laurinburg 6 Reidsville 6*

1945 Reidsville 27, Laurinburg 0

1949 Henderson 20, Reidsville 14

1950 Reidsville 26, Henderson 0

1951 Lumberton 18, Reidsville 13

1954 Reidsville 20, Graham 6

1963 Reidsville 0, Brevard 0*

1969 Reidsville 35, Mt. Airy 12

1970 Reidsville 10, Pisgah 7

2002 Reidsville 34, Bandys 14

2003 Reidsville 68, Bandys 12

2005 Shelby 26, Reidsville 18

2007 Reidsville 28, Shelby 20

2008 Reidsville 24, E. Lincoln 7

2009 Reidsville 28, Newton-Conover 6

2016 Reidsville 58, Edenton Holmes 12

All this is really not worth arguing about, this is about a great program and yes Shelby deserves to get respect and a school whose never won one. Kinda like David vs Goliath! It should be kept at that. I apologize because as much as I complain about disrespect I stoop to show disrespect myself

Most of us can talk up our programs without insulting other programs or other posters, here. Can't say that for some folks..... Not a dig at our fellow Tarheel fan, but some fans keep putting people down for liking their home team and making insulting references to any team other than Shelby, it's really sickening.

Reactions: CHEERDUCK
Most of us can talk up our programs without insulting other programs or other posters, here. Can't say that for some folks..... Not a dig at our fellow Tarheel fan, but some fans keep putting people down for liking their home team and making insulting references to any team other than Shelby, it's really sickening.
I did not insult him nor Shelby, I was only defending Reidsville by stating facts and I did apologize for stirring the pot. Shelby is great, no doubt but try working with their fans, wow! You'd think they're nationally ranked but I can respect that, they love their school. You should hear a Crest fan and a Shelby fan go at it, heck my comments are lame in comparison

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT