ADVERTISEMENT

#8 Shelby (12-2) at #2 Hibriten (14-0)

Who wins?

• Shelby

Votes: 85 63.4%
  • Hibriten

Votes: 49 36.6%

• Total voters
That cannon delay might have more to do with what the guy is doing in between the scoring....his hand gets less steady as the night goes on! :D

From watching him this year he has grown a lot throughout the year. He is only in the ninth grade so he will get bigger and stronger as he gets older. I may be wrong but I think he is around 6'2" 210 lbs.
On the feild he looks bigger than Dax
I like when Shelby goes to the Hollifeild package:) those 2 men blocking for the back is NICE!!!

On the feild he looks bigger than Dax
I like when Shelby goes to the Hollifeild package:) those 2 men blocking for the back is NICE!!!
He is bigger. Dax obviously had more of an impact as a freshman, but his little brother may actually have more upside, because he will be bigger, have even more size than Dax the Axe.

Reactions: Mopar forever
Truth is this is statement game. If Hibriten ever wants to get respect and get to that last level then these are the games you prove you're worthy. It's do it or go home. I still think all the pressure is on Shelby however.

HIBRITEN - 14
SHELBY - 10

Hibriten already has respect, they're always making big splashes in the playoffs

He is bigger. Dax obviously had more of an impact as a freshman, but his little brother may actually have more upside, because he will be bigger, have even more size than Dax the Axe.
LA from a loyal lion fan who graduated in 1974 I want to say your son has had a great career and I don't think it will end tonight. This Shelby team has been to this game for the last 4 years and has won it each time. I don't know if this means anything but experience is big in big games.

Long time lurker here. Finally created an account just to say Go Panthers!

But really...good luck to both teams tonight. Of course I want HHS to bring it home, but I mostly hope we all get treated to a great game and that the winner takes care of business next Saturday.

Just a little side note..... pay attention to the light - Hibriten is undefeated at home when the light on top of Hibriten mtn is shining! can't miss it if lit.
It will either be a cross or star this time of year.

I'll be the weird one here and admit I'm not hoping for a great game. I've had enough great games this year. I want a blowout. I want to be celebrating by halftime.

I don't expect that to happen, but a man can dream. :)

Reactions: Lion Attack
Who will win between North Davidson and Shelby? Should be a good one. The streak could be broken next week.

Just a little side note..... pay attention to the light - Hibriten is undefeated at home when the light on top of Hibriten mtn is shining! can't miss it if lit.
It will either be a cross or star this time of year.
How freaking big is that star ? It's been a star the 3 times I have came to watch Hibriten. Btw that super cool also

well 16 pages of talk has been great. Lots of good points and I have not made a prediction because this is a tuff game to call really. I have watched a lot of Shelby games and I have only seen Hibriten a total of 4 times. 3rd and 4th round last year and 1scrimmage at RS this year and last Friday against Frankiln. Hibriten has the potential to beat Shelby but can they ? The only way to say is play the game and it's just about time !!!! If Hibriten can make a couple passes and get Shelby out of the box it's a good possibility. And if Hibriten put pressure on Malik and make him have to run for his life like they did last week it's gonna be a great game but is not it's gonna be a long night. I'm gonna pick Shelby in a close game (even tho I bet my son 10 buck on Hibriten to win ) Hope for a safe game for all involved I'm super excited for the game. Soooo glad I don't have a dog in the fight ( not really tho ;) ) leaving out and headed that way and pumped for a great game !!!!!

I don't have a clue who will win this game but both have outstanding teams. Either will make an awesome representative for the West.
Raider fans like myself had aspirations of hosting a game tonight but we didn't meet our expectations. So what do we do??? I will tell you how I will spend this Friday night. Pulling for both teams while I drive to Hilton Head to play 6 round of golf at the Heritage Club over the next 8 days. That ain't a bad consolation prize.
Good luck to both, I know this is going to be an outstanding game.

Last time I saw hibriten play they struggled against Newton. I hope they play better than that tonight. Time before that was last year when they got whipped pretty bad by Southpoint. Don't think I'll go. It's a long way up that hill to sit on the home side and be quiet out of respect for the good folks up there

Hibriten already has respect, they're always making big splashes in the playoffs
Sorry but they've yet to get to that level of the Shelby's, South Points whom has that state title resume. You hear everyday to win the state that the state championship runs through Shelby, etc.......
They are 0-4 in these games and to get that same respect that bestows a Shelby, South Point etc., they must win a game like this. I am not a Shelby fan but Cleveland County football is on a different level all by itself. Hibriten has a good program, Shelby has a Great program. The difference is this stage and Hibriten has the opportunity once again to prove they belong. They are close but I'd say a 4 star program. Beat the 5 Stars in a championship game like tonight and you'll have that 5 star level of achievement. Tonight Hibriten, can you run with the big dawg ? I hope so! Good Luck Panthers

Hilarious, Hibriten comes on field, cannon goes off and knocks scoreboard off. With about 2 minutes to go in first half, Hibriten kicks FG, cannon goes off, scoreboard comes back on! LMAO

HALFTIME
Hibriten 10
Shelby. 7

This is a great game! I’m glad I drove 2.5 hours to watch. Hibriten d is very tough
Except for that first play of the game they have shut down Shelby. After opening the game with a 70 yd td pass I was a little worried. Great game so far, Witherspoon nearly 90 yds in first half. I think he needs more touches

Reactions: TC Red Devil 89
Following this game on radio. Hibriten defense is the real deal. What a great regional final.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT