ADVERTISEMENT

6’4 195lbs

UNC-Gmail.com

Nov 4, 2022
Mr. Revelle
6’4 195lbs
Scotland
QB

FROM Scotland TO now Eastern Randolph High School.

Home Schooled who played for Scotland 2yrs. I believe it’s Legal

Scotland just went from 8-9 record to (-).500

Last edited:
Mr. Revelle
6’4 195lbs
Scotland
QB

Scotland just went from 8-9 record to (-).500
This has to be the biggest pickup of any team in the offseason….eastern doing big things in transfer portal!!

• Haha
Reactions: Crestuff
No clue about the particular situation. I was just answering if a home school kid could play for public school. I think, not 100% sure,but they usually can sign up for a study hall or something of that sort and be eligible to play sports for a high school in NC.
We know he is from the ER region, but is Scotland experiencing a problem?

Not home schooled at all. Drove 1 + hours to and from school everyday. Said he was tired of driving everyday.

Okay, here’s my understanding. Perhaps it’s wrong.

If a student transfers within a system, say North Davidson to Central Davidson, the LEA determines athletic eligibility. If the student transfers from one school system to another, say Davidson County schools to Stokes County schools, without a change of physical address, the student is ineligible for athletics for 365 days (the state rule).

I realize some proposed legislation could change some of this, but is the above not currently the NCHSAA policy? Maybe I missed something.

Not home schooled at all. Drove 1 + hours to and from school everyday. Said he was tired of driving
Really so I’m assuming he played for eastern Randolph’s middle school team then just left for Scotland…..?? I think we would have heard about him and rumors about his home school being eastern randolph before now…I think basketball is more of the reason he shows up….i heard he plays for ER basketball coach travel organization….I’m not big into basketball but this is what I have heard idk

He did live in Sanford and I think was supposed to go to Southern Lee. Also he played basketball for Scotland and wasn't very good and got very little playing time.

He did live in Sanford and I think was supposed to go to Southern Lee. Also he played basketball for Scotland and wasn't very good and got very little playing time.
yeah I think he will have alot better basketball experience down in 1a lol....lil different down there

• Haha
Reactions: New3ra

If a student transfers within a system, say North Davidson to Central Davidson, the LEA determines athletic eligibility. If the student transfers from one school system to another, say Davidson County schools to Stokes County schools, without a change of physical address, the student is ineligible for athletics for 365 days (the state rule).

I realize some proposed legislation could change some of this, but is the above not currently the NCHSAA policy? Maybe I missed something.
I think you are right about the 365 rule... but, it is my understanding that no school systems are allowing out of system transfers in our area. I know Randolph, WSFC and Davidson do not allow an in district student leave to attend another system without one a pre-determined circumstance (which is usually having a parent who works for the other school system). Even then, a release has to be obtained from the district they are domiciled in prior to the student being allowed to enroll.

Are kids slipping through the cracks? Absolutely. I don't know to what extent.

I know that a while back, when South Davidson went to a "school of choice" in the county, it is fully allowed for a student from the northern part of Davidson county to attend there and be eligible to play sports. At that time, there was some thinking that SD might be able to get a few kids who'd come over from Randolph County since they were closer to SD than SW Randolph. It was made very clear by Randolph County Schools that they would not be releasing any students for reasons other than Parents who are Employees.

I think you are right about the 365 rule... but, it is my understanding that no school systems are allowing out of system transfers in our area. I know Randolph, WSFC and Davidson do not allow an in district student leave to attend another system without one a pre-determined circumstance (which is usually having a parent who works for the other school system). Even then, a release has to be obtained from the district they are domiciled in prior to the student being allowed to enroll.

Are kids slipping through the cracks? Absolutely. I don't know to what extent.

I know that a while back, when South Davidson went to a "school of choice" in the county, it is fully allowed for a student from the northern part of Davidson county to attend there and be eligible to play sports. At that time, there was some thinking that SD might be able to get a few kids who'd come over from Randolph County since they were closer to SD than SW Randolph. It was made very clear by Randolph County Schools that they would not be releasing any students for reasons other than Parents who are Employees.
I keep seeing all kinds of scenarios where school systems have or are allowing players to transfer. If the stories on here are accurate, sounds like there is much more than just slipping through the cracks.

When transferring from one lea to another lea, you are eligible to participate in sports if both schools agree. If 1 school doesn't agree, it is sent to a board that determines if the player can participate in sport without 365.

When transferring from one lea to another lea, you are eligible to participate in sports if both schools agree. If 1 school doesn't agree, it is sent to a board that determines if the player can participate in sport without 365.
Could you provide a link to that rule? Never heard it explained that way before. Who makes up the board?

Could you provide a link to that rule? Never heard it explained that way before. Who makes up the board?
) A student transferring from one member school in one LEA to another member school in a different
LEA must sit out two consecutive semesters, or 365 days, whichever is less, for athletic participation.
NOTE: A student’s participation in cheerleading is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(1) By mutual agreement that the transfer is not for athletic purposes, a student’s first transfer
from LEA to LEA, and absent a bona fide move, is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(i). Absent mutual agreement, and in consideration of the above, exceptions for immedi￾ate athletic eligibility for transfers from one LEA to a different LEA will be heard by a
NCHSAA Transfer Committee.
(ii) The NCHSAA Transfer Committee will be composed of the NCHSAA Executive Com￾mittee and at least one (1) non-district affiliated member school representative

) A student transferring from one member school in one LEA to another member school in a different
LEA must sit out two consecutive semesters, or 365 days, whichever is less, for athletic participation.
NOTE: A student’s participation in cheerleading is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(1) By mutual agreement that the transfer is not for athletic purposes, a student’s first transfer
from LEA to LEA, and absent a bona fide move, is not subject to the NCHSAA Transfer Policy.
(i). Absent mutual agreement, and in consideration of the above, exceptions for immedi￾ate athletic eligibility for transfers from one LEA to a different LEA will be heard by a
NCHSAA Transfer Committee.
(ii) The NCHSAA Transfer Committee will be composed of the NCHSAA Executive Com￾mittee and at least one (1) non-district affiliated member school representative
The key is in (1) By mutual agreement that the transfer is not for athletic purposes.
There would have to be some “wink, wink, nod, nod” between LEA’s to accommodate some of the transfers mentioned in some of these threads. Too much indicating that it is in fact for athletic purposes. Some coaches’ social media is all the evidence needed.

The key is in (1) By mutual agreement that the transfer is not for athletic purposes.
There would have to be some “wink, wink, nod, nod” between LEA’s to accommodate some of the transfers mentioned in some of these threads. Too much indicating that it is in fact for athletic purposes. Some coaches’ social media is all the evidence needed.
Honestly, most administrators don't care nor have the time to protest if they suspect a move is for athletic purposes. If anything, if it was a concern of losing for sports purposes, it would be less 'wink, wink, nod, nod'. I mean, why would one LEA intentionally want to help another LEA get their athletes for sports purposes? I just don't see that happening.

Reactions: Crestuff
Honestly, most administrators don't care nor have the time to protest if they suspect a move is for athletic purposes. If anything, if it was a concern of losing for sports purposes, it would be less 'wink, wink, nod, nod'. I mean, why would one LEA intentionally want to help another LEA get their athletes for sports purposes? I just don't see that happening.
I agree. But there is more anecdotal evidence than ever on these boards. Not all of it is true. Maybe none of it is. But there seems to be a lot of movement across the state. More than I ever remember.
The only reason for LEA’s going along is the hope that it will be reciprocal next time. You’re probably right about not being willing to protest. They usually haven’t even been willing to vote on association issues.

Scotland may better off with McPhatter at QB who knows. Scots have been their best in the past when they could run the ball and played good defense.

Buying bread from a man in Brussels
He was.....six foot four and full of muscles
I say do you speak a my language
He just smiled and gave me a Vegemite......sandwich.
My Australian son-in-law brought me some Vegemite. And he mostly speaks my language, with some exceptions.

Took him to his first American college football game in Boone. He’s from the area of Australia close to the Great Barrier Reef and very much not used to cold weather. I asked him if he had gloves. Gave him some. Asked if he had a toboggan. He looked at me funny. Went to my daughter and said, “I thought you said we were going to a football game, but your dad says we’re going sledding.”

As far as the Vegemite, it’s still in the pantry after two years.

It's happening far too frequently. Has anyone observed what is taking place in New Bern? There were 20 kids who couldn't walk, then 50, and now 100. Families traveled from outside the area to attend this graduation. Anyhow, I have no idea how this Scotland kid transferred in such a way. It may be allowed. Nobody on this forum has affirmed the Scotland situation.

He is from Sanford. My understanding is his mother worked for Scotland County Schools which allowed him to go there, so maybe she got a job at ER now. Plenty of kids who's parents are teachers go to the same school as they teach at.

He is from Sanford. My understanding is his mother worked for Scotland County Schools which allowed him to go there, so maybe she got a job at ER now. Plenty of kids who's parents are teachers go to the same school as they teach at.
Maybe? Makes no sense!

Mr. Revelle
6’4 195lbs
Scotland
QB

Scotland just went from 8-9 record to (-).5
I am a little confused here.
So before I make my comment I have to ask am I reading this right . That this young man was being home schooled?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT