ADVERTISEMENT

#3 SWO vs #8 Goldsboro

SWO-#1

Aug 28, 2002
Both seem to be mainly a running team. Goldsboro with one main back vs. South West Onslow
wtih 3 over 1000 in regular season.

Goldsboro - Xzavior Boden ... 2026 rushing yards with 27 TDs

SWO - Jakoby Johnson ... 1303 rushing yards
Caleb Mahone ... 1051 rushing yards
Josh Soliz ... 1023 rushing yards

Passing game is about the same. Goldsboro has an average of 73 yards per game and Swo throws it for about 43 per game.

Kicking game is in favor of SWO. Goldsboros kicker has only made 50% of his pats. Dont know
how he is with punts and kickoffs. Stallions kicker, Barbee, makes over 90% of his pats.
Punts fairly well and can kick it into the endzone.

Defence is in SWO favor also. they have allowed 30% less points and tackles are spread
across entire Defense. Looks like main main for Goldsboro is Boden at LB. He has the
majority of the tackles.

Pass defence is tilted toward SWO. Ints are way in their favor.

With run mainly teams game should go quickly.

Goldsboro like all other teams can pull the upset, but STALLIONS should handle this one and
move on to the second round.

i think this will be a very tight game. could go either way. SWO might have three backs with over 1000 yds but look who they did it against. not exactly the best defenses.

Goldsboro in a upset not even sure if it will be considered an upset

Both seem to be mainly a running team. Goldsboro with one main back vs. South West Onslow
wtih 3 over 1000 in regular season.

Goldsboro - Xzavior Boden ... 2026 rushing yards with 27 TDs

SWO - Jakoby Johnson ... 1303 rushing yards
Caleb Mahone ... 1051 rushing yards
Josh Soliz ... 1023 rushing yards

Passing game is about the same. Goldsboro has an average of 73 yards per game and Swo throws it for about 43 per game.

Kicking game is in favor of SWO. Goldsboros kicker has only made 50% of his pats. Dont know
how he is with punts and kickoffs. Stallions kicker, Barbee, makes over 90% of his pats.
Punts fairly well and can kick it into the endzone.

Defence is in SWO favor also. they have allowed 30% less points and tackles are spread
across entire Defense. Looks like main main for Goldsboro is Boden at LB. He has the
majority of the tackles.

Pass defence is tilted toward SWO. Ints are way in their favor.

With run mainly teams game should go quickly.

Goldsboro like all other teams can pull the upset, but STALLIONS should handle this one and
move on to the second round.
Yes, lets think about who SWO has played vs who Goldsboro has played. 3 teams come to mind that would throw a monkey wrench in SWs rushing yards not to mention amount of points Sw held their opponents too. Those 3 teams would be State ranked 5 East Duplin State ranked 7 Wallace, and Clinton. I think Goldsboro can play with SW.

Hope SWO overlooks Goldsboro because of seeding. They’ll be lacing up for hardwood season shortly afterwards.

Reactions: Friday Night1
Yes, lets think about who SWO has played vs who Goldsboro has played. 3 teams come to mind that would throw a monkey wrench in SWs rushing yards not to mention amount of points Sw held their opponents too. Those 3 teams would be State ranked 5 East Duplin State ranked 7 Wallace, and Clinton. I think Goldsboro can play with SW.

Well we did play ED and WRH. And yes lost to them both. Other than the mentioned ECC teams Goldsboro didnt exactly have top quality foes. Our three loses were to top rated teams, ED, WRH and Jacksonville. To go to the 2nd and maybe the 3rd round is probably the best they can do this year. As its said, the people you step on in the climb to the top you will meet again on the way down. We were at the top for a long time, and out of the ECC I might add. Yes we have been down for a few years. But it will come back in time.

Good luck to ED and WRH and yes I would like to see one of them go all the way. ED for sure as they have paid their dues.

GOOOOOOOOOOO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS

Well we did play ED and WRH. And yes lost to them both. Other than the mentioned ECC teams Goldsboro didnt exactly have top quality foes. Our three loses were to top rated teams, ED, WRH and Jacksonville. To go to the 2nd and maybe the 3rd round is probably the best they can do this year. As its said, the people you step on in the climb to the top you will meet again on the way down. We were at the top for a long time, and out of the ECC I might add. Yes we have been down for a few years. But it will come back in time.

Good luck to ED and WRH and yes I would like to see one of them go all the way. ED for sure as they have paid their dues.

GOOOOOOOOOOO STALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLIONS
i have respect for the SWO program. you guys held it down for a long time! i am just talking about this year.

I was at all 3 games Sw games lost Jacksonville,WRH and ED. Early in the year they just couldn't get it together on offense. Defense played good in all 3. Even though the final scores didn't reflect the game. #orangecrush

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT