ADVERTISEMENT

2A Rankings Week 7

The only time I’ve seen Hibriten play was in a state championship game against East Duplin. In that game just before the half East Duplin with the lead for some reason at around midfield it’s 4th and 7. ED went for it and didnt come close to converting Hilbriten takes over and completes about 3 passes to score for the lead right as the first half ended. It was a XCORLESS 2nd half. Figure it out for yourself
Figure it out for yourself ? Figure what out ? Strange response to his comment, but you keep doing you

lets clear some things up: *not a scoreless second half*

East Duplin had 1 big play (80yd TD run)
Hibriten had 2 big plays (50yd TD pass, 40yd TD pass) + defense got in on the action with a sack safety

Key difference was Hibriten winning the field position battle. ED started every drive inside their own 20, which makes for a looong night. Leading 16-7 staring the 4Q and knowing it’s 4 down territory for ED the rest of the way, HHS defense executed the game plan to perfection. 2 score game so make ED sustain a long drive yet again and bleed clock. They went 99 yds on 20+ plays to make it 16-14. Only problem was they needed the entire 4th quarter to do it. ball game — see ya — we’re out of here and taking the hardware with us

Football is not a mathematical game; you bring your math down East and you’ll get your butt kicked 4 eastern teams out of 25 is riciculous. No math too it, just ignorance
Here are the Simmons Rankings (as of 4/1)
Simmons 2A

Guess What ... Top 5: Reidsville, Hibriten, Shelby, Northeastern, CLINTON

but wait for it ... that’s right, it’s based on a MATHEMATICAL FORMULA

so tell me, does it even count ?

Striker and SP Raider; look I've followed high school football all over this state.Grew up in the Piedmont around championship football. I know very good high school football, I know great high school football, I know championship football, since you question my knowledge, I'll tell you, I've forgot more than you will ever know. As for challenge of bringing your team down, here, contact our AD and bring'm .Nothing to fear. I'm not familiar with either of you on the boards. Ive been around awhile. I'm pretty certain when you teams exits the playoffs we wont. see you again. In the meantime pardon my ignoring you for while.. Im accustomed to having a dialogue with folks that have a little more respect. Come on down with your arithmetic !

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
Here are the Simmons Rankings (as of 4/1)
Simmons 2A

Guess What ... Top 5: Reidsville, Hibriten, Shelby, Northeastern, CLINTON

but wait for it ... that’s right, it’s based on a MATHEMATICAL FORMULA

so tell me, does it even count ?
its just a opinion, like noses, , everyone's got one!

Can’t help but chuckle....Math.... it’s as big as the universe! A black hole! Don’t let it consume you....like it has me!

Wizard knows! 😂

Boom Devils! Baby!

its just a opinion, like noses, , everyone's got one!
Max Preps and Simmons are NO ONES OPINION. Again, it’s a formula based on data: win/loss record, schedule strength, margin of victory, road/home game, etc.

The NC Preps rankings you see on this site every week, THAT IS OPINION — a person or a panel of people giving you their subjective thoughts

You scream Max Preps is wrong, but provide no reason/logic for why. You don’t agree with their rankings? that’s 100% fine. but it doesn’t make them automatically wrong because you don’t like it.

Additionally, Max Preps/Simmons ranking formula doesn’t know and doesn’t care if a team is east, west, north, or south. it’s an irrelevant data point.

99.9% of people prefer an objective way to rank teams (at high school level) because it removes individual bias from the process.

LOL feel free to hate on the Max Prep rankings until your heart’s content, but your notion that it’s somehow biased against Eastern teams couldn’t be more ridiculous.

Their rankings are based on a mathematic formula. Math isn’t subjective, Math isn’t biased.
I don’t care about East/west bias at all. I have always had a problem with Maxpreps and their rankings as well as using them in playoff formula. While I agree math is not and never will be biased there has to be someone inputting those numbers. Power rrankings are and always will be subjective. Who knows if certain conferences or opponents are any tougher than others? Strength of schedule is the most subjective of all. Maxpreps often still has teams ranked above ones they lose to even if records are the same. Why? Because their SOS is better in someone’s opinion.
Ask the Big Ten how much that factor matters in the end.
Sorry I wanted to play too...😎

Reactions: Maiden Creek
For my third and I guess final attempt, Wiz what two teams ranked in this poll have you never heard of? It’s really not a hard question. If you can’t spell the names of the schools just use initials. I’ll figure it out!

striker, I just have to put you on ethe ignore list; its just not intelligent thinking.
Schedule strength? How's that measured; its lonnacy. Theres no objectivity there. Thats about as objective as the Georgia elections. I can tell you much younger than I am, and WOKE; maybe your team will get a participation trophy this year
Any poll is opinionated sports polls, election polls, you name it; usually meeting the narrative of whoever paid the bill.
If you're impressed with Max Preps so be it, but they aren't what they use to be.I've never been impressed with it football, soccer, football. Use to be a good source of information, scores etc, but there are just better sites out there in this big old black hole.

For my third and I guess final attempt, Wiz what two teams ranked in this poll have you never heard of? It’s really not a hard question. If you can’t spell the names of the schools just use initials. I’ll figure it out!
Figure it out for yourself since you're so smart. I can tell you this, they're very undeserving and there are more than 4 teams in the eastern half of this whole state that are better. End of the conversation. I'm used to posting with more knowledgeable posters.After over 16,000 post since before 2001, I'll stake my reputation on that.

OK Wiz, you told us who you’re not talking about how about you tell us who you are talking about. You may have been following high school football for sixty years but obviously you only follow the schools on your half the state. Other than OG there isn’t a team in the top twenty that you shouldn’t be aware of. Sounds more like sour grapes about the poll than reality.
Im with Wiz, there's no sour grapes and as far as math goes can we really say that its not biased🤔 Some in politics would strongly disagree with you. Just watch some of the major news networks.😂 You guys out west need to get your head out of the sand. None of you!! and this includes Shelby/South Pointe/Reidsville wants any part of Clinton or Northeastern this year. Coach Moore at Northeastern has reached out to play numerous schools in the west only to be turned down over and over.He even offered to travel there without doing a home and home. I can't speak for Clinton but Coach Moore don't give a damn, he's got heart and does his best to schedule the best of the best year in and year out. You guys don't want any of this heat 🔥🔥 from these two eastern powers. It's not going to end well for your stories programs. We are begging for a shot at Reidsville, and God willing we will get it. 💯💯💪

Figure it out for yourself since you're so smart. I can tell you this, they're very undeserving and there are more than 4 teams in the eastern half of this whole state that are better. End of the conversation. I'm used to posting with more knowledgeable posters.After over 16,000 post since before 2001, I'll stake my reputation on that.
Lol...what reputation? Your online high school football forum reputation? Aint worth the time I've spent reading your dribble. They've responded to your quarrels and questions, however you haven't answered theirs, your "reputation " isn't a get-outta-jail-free card you use to not answer a simple question, one that has a lot to do with the topic at hand. Much like your eastern teams, you need to show up or take a hike. Your 20+ years experience means nothing if you dodge simple questions.

Goob all I want to know is what schools in this weeks poll is it that Wiz has never heard of? Heck my boys aren’t even going to be in the playoffs. Your line about some in politics would strongly disagree with me, well dang that might be the nicest thing anybody ever said to me or about me. I’m not quite sure what politics has to do with this thread though.

Reactions: daagoob
Goob all I want to know is what schools in this weeks poll is it that Wiz has never heard of? Heck my boys aren’t even going to be in the playoffs. Your line about some in politics would strongly disagree with me, well dang that might be the nicest thing anybody ever said to me or about me. I’m not quite sure what politics has to do with this thread though.
I have no clue but I do know that @Wizard of the East is a Wolfpack guy like myself and he's a big dude. I met Wiz when we played at Clinton last year, super cool!! Lol the politics☺️. Well that's for those in the know like myself. I just like to mix it up and talk smack and it's even more fun doing it at the games. I can troll with the best of them.

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Lol...what reputation? Your online high school football forum reputation? Aint worth the time I've spent reading your dribble. They've responded to your quarrels and questions, however you haven't answered theirs, your "reputation " isn't a get-outta-jail-free card you use to not answer a simple question, one that has a lot to do with the topic at hand. Much like your eastern teams, you need to show up or take a hike. Your 20+ years experience means nothing if you dodge simple questions.
You know the answer to the question if you're smart enough. I certainly won't read anymore of yiur dribble. IGNORE! Good luck on your WOKE participation trophy

I have no clue but I do know that @Wizard of the East is a Wolfpack guy like myself and he's a big dude. I met Wiz when we played at Clinton last year, super cool!! Lol the politics☺️. Well that's for those in the know like myself. I just like to mix it up and talk smack and it's even more fun doing it at the games. I can troll with the best of them.
you're one of the best daagoob!
I was hoping they move up Fridays game to tomorrow night but apparently not. Weather forecast not to good for Friday nor Saturday.. Maybe I'll see you at the game!

Last edited:
Im with Wiz, there's no sour grapes and as far as math goes can we really say that its not biased🤔 Some in politics would strongly disagree with you. Just watch some of the major news networks.😂 You guys out west need to get your head out of the sand. None of you!! and this includes Shelby/South Pointe/Reidsville wants any part of Clinton or Northeastern this year. Coach Moore at Northeastern has reached out to play numerous schools in the west only to be turned down over and over.He even offered to travel there without doing a home and home. I can't speak for Clinton but Coach Moore don't give a damn, he's got heart and does his best to schedule the best of the best year in and year out. You guys don't want any of this heat 🔥🔥 from these two eastern powers. It's not going to end well for your stories programs. We are begging for a shot at Reidsville, and God willing we will get it. 💯💯💪
I can assure you that if Reidsville is scheduled to play at NE or Clinton the Rams will show up and try to oblige you with your wishes. You can also be assured that Shelby will show up if either NE or Clinton meets up with them in the state championship game.

And South Point has already been eliminated from the playoffs this year so you can't possibly meet up with them.

Hope you realize that this just might be the best team Reidsville has ever fielded.

you're one of the best daagoob!
I was hoping they move up Fridays game to tomorrow night but apparently not. Weather forecast not to good for Friday nor Saturday.. Maybe I'll see you at the game!
Appreciate that Wiz, I won't be driving down because I can't chance not getting in. I'm old school and just want to purchase my ticket at the gate. However you best believe I will be locked in on the NFHS Network and they better have their shit together or I'm going to be pissed.. That buffing better not happen during that game. I'm not even bothering going to NE game against 1a Northampton County.

Reactions: UNC91
I can assure you that if Reidsville is scheduled to play at NE or Clinton the Rams will show up and try to oblige you with your wishes. You can also be assured that Shelby will show up if either NE or Clinton meets up with them in the state championship game.

And South Point has already been eliminated from the playoffs this year so you can't possibly meet up with them.

Hope you realize that this just might be the best team Reidsville has ever fielded.
I completely realize that and Coach Moore wants to return the favor for the loss we took in Raleigh with our best team ever. Shelby would've gotten a beat down of epic proportions by both of our teams in 2019, you guys know that. We're hoping to get matched up with Reidsville early on, hopefully we'll get our wish.

You may want to realize this is one of Clinton’s best as well..DarkHorses owe you one for 1998, that was one of Clinton’s very best as well two time defending champion and ranked <#1 but sometimes those factors don’t always work out

Appreciate that Wiz, I won't be driving down because I can't chance not getting in. I'm old school and just want to purchase my ticket at the gate. However you best believe I will be locked in on the NFHS Network and they better have their shit together or I'm going to be pissed.. That buffing better not happen during that game. I'm not even bothering going to NE game against 1a Northampton County.
In the Clinton East Dunlin (best 2-4 team in this state) game 2 week go ED scored with just a couple of min to go and went for 2 for the win and that network got technical problems, I was frantically trying to get contact and found our radio broadcast which was ahead of the video , I heard the conversion no good and the network recovered as the Horses recovered the onside kick. I’m going. I don’t trust the network at a time like this! I was out of state and had to very very rarely miss the game. Good luck with NFHS. One good thing is you can watch archived teams so I’ve seen games of some of the western teams I track. I haven’t
the two teams I alluded too about Max Prep, didn’t have to; know who the playas are

Ummm idk if i can back the statement that this is one of Clinton's best teams......were good just how good remains to be seen.......but see yall are just throwing haymakers at each other at this point so ill let yall continue lol......but i will say no one is scared to play anyone else including Reidsville its a game anything can happen thats why we play em......i definitely have the highest respect for teams like Reidsville and Shelby but i font expect Coach Johnson & company to back down just because the name on your jersey.......Good luck to everyone the rest of the way

Ummm idk if i can back the statement that this is one of Clinton's best teams......were good just how good remains to be seen.......but see yall are just throwing haymakers at each other at this point so ill let yall continue lol......but i will say no one is scared to play anyone else including Reidsville its a game anything can happen thats why we play em......i definitely have the highest respect for teams like Reidsville and Shelby but i font expect Coach Johnson & company to back down just because the name on your jersey.......Good luck to everyone the rest of the way
Daggum it! 34.... don’t get ‘em started yet! Let me finish my coffee.😂

Daggum it! 34.... don’t get ‘em started yet! Let me finish my coffee.😂
Lol im getting ready for work and just reading this stuff and im like man Wiz easssssssy big guy but i see the jabs being thrown all in good fun i guess. Not my style tho i had to eat one of those crow sandwiches before and it isn't fun. But yall carry on lol

Wiz is a good guy tho passionate just like the rest of us knows the game we talk alot. I played ball with his son Wiz was one of the loudest in the stands "CALL US A GAME REF!!!!!!!" 😂😂😂😂 that was my favorite.......alot up here gets taken out of context but when you meet some of these guys and put faces with names you see were all good guys just passionate about our schools and teams. All in good fun.

Wiz is a good guy tho passionate just like the rest of us knows the game we talk alot. I played ball with his son Wiz was one of the loudest in the stands "CALL US A GAME REF!!!!!!!" 😂😂😂😂 that was my favorite.......alot up here gets taken out of context but when you meet some of these guys and put faces with names you see were all good guys just passionate about our schools and teams. All in good fun.
My stomach is still sore from laughing last night. Now.... I’m laughing again! That’s a classic! Call us a game REF! I love it!
Imma use that tonight at the game.

Christmas music at halftime... I’m definitely using that one too!

Reactions: UNC91 and daagoob
I’ve never seen Maiden play, I’ve heard of them for a longtime. Several years ago there was a DarkHorse fan who was living and working in Maiden posting on this site.. Haven’t heard of him in a while
Does anybody remember who Wizard is referring to? The DarkHorse in Maiden? I think....I vaguely remember that. I would love to know.

We’re still here! Wiz. It has been a long time. 60 years....with a ton of wins...and a couple of State Titles. I can assure you... all of us at Maiden have forgotten what it feels like to win the big one! Once again...we’re hoping to make a run this year....I’m especially wanting that “Spring Ball-Cooper Cup”. It’s probably Purple! 😂

This one is for Goob!.....Over the last 60 years... I’m betting Maiden has more wins than any school, big or little, in the state of NC....except those Golden Lions over in Livermush, NC!
Shelby has over 600 in 60 years... maybe closer to 700. Hard to comprehend that!
I’m guessing...Maiden or Thomasville...2nd and 3rd....then Reidsville and Robbinsville...make the Top 5!

This ain’t math...Y’all! I’m guessing... but I know I’m close!

Does anybody remember who Wizard is referring to? The DarkHorse in Maiden? I think....I vaguely remember that. I would love to know.

We’re still here! Wiz. It has been a long time. 60 years....with a ton of wins...and a couple of State Titles. I can assure you... all of us at Maiden have forgotten what it feels like to win the big one! Once again...we’re hoping to make a run this year....I’m especially wanting that “Spring Ball-Cooper Cup”. It’s probably Purple! 😂

This one is for Goob!.....Over the last 60 years... I’m betting Maiden has more wins than any school, big or little, in the state of NC....except those Golden Lions over in Livermush, NC!
Shelby has over 600 in 60 years... maybe closer to 700. Hard to comprehend that!
I’m guessing...Maiden or Thomasville...2nd and 3rd....then Reidsville and Robbinsville...make the Top 5!

But, as a dead horse beater extraordinaire, what was their strength of schedule...😁

Very good post, I'm following Maiden closely and will be pulling for them.

Lol im getting ready for work and just reading this stuff and im like man Wiz easssssssy big guy but i see the jabs being thrown all in good fun i guess. Not my style tho i had to eat one of those crow sandwiches before and it isn't fun. But yall carry on lol
@Darkhorse#34 I've become immune to eating crow😂. I'm trying my best to get those western teams posters worked up. Northeastern has tried numerous times to lock up an ooc match against some of those western powers only to be turned down repeatedly. I'm critical at times of our coach but one thing no one can deny, he wants to play the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT