ADVERTISEMENT

2A Rankings Week 7

My senior year at Reidsville (Fall of 1967) we played Graham (when they were strong), Greensboro Smith (when they were strong) , Mount Tabor and Steadman (no longer exists, community near Fayetteville) and all four played with Single Wing offense......when executed properly with right personnel....it's a tough offense to stop..........

Reactions: Wizard of the East
Good Ole days. It was truly power vs power. No small slick kid juking around...a grown man had to out muscle a grown man! That's why I'm excited about my devils...we don't look like much...but we sure are Stout!
They wrapping up! Ain’t they? Grizz! ....Had too!....Bandys!, West Lincoln!, North Lincoln!, East Lincoln! Shade from Newton ....gonna run right at you!
Lincolnton #11 last night ...had a huge heart...just needed some size....crossbow QB too. What grade are they in? Hoping to see him again!

there are lots of factors, you mention several; politics is one of them; ADE determines school size; number of schools conferences. Popumation. Exceptions playing up or down.As you mentioned vey few 1A schools in the west; its all more than a com pass point. No telling how they'll seed this year.

what the hell are you talking about ? this a) doesn’t remotely answer his question and b) isn’t even a coherent message

@19yardline its pretty simple, my man. mountains, foothills, triad, triangle, beach — it’s all irrelevant. once they determine the 32 team field for each classification, you then simply take the 16 teams who are physically located the farthest west in north carolina and put them in the “west” side of the bracket. the remaining teams go to the “east” side.

^In normal seasons. Only 16 team field this year.

Last edited:
My senior year at Reidsville (Fall of 1967) we played Graham (when they were strong), Greensboro Smith (when they were strong) , Mount Tabor and Steadman (no longer exists, community near Fayetteville) and all four played with Single Wing offense......when executed properly with right personnel....it's a tough offense to stop..........
Steadman still exist its just a new campus and Cape Fear now.

lol.....just proves that Ram and Wiz are getting old.....don't feel that old but sometimes my body says to my brain "What the hell are you thinking"................
I gottcha. I'm using a cane now. Got some nice ones. Not to awl but primarily some balance issues.
Do you have NFHS? If so our game last night is worth watching on replay' I may this afternoon while watch the Masters.

no...i don't...couple of people around do....we were lucky that the school did a lot of live streaming for free....but I went to all the games.......

no...i don't...couple of people around do....we were lucky that the school did a lot of live streaming for free....but I went to all the games.......
I couldn’t get out. For a couple, too dang cold for this aging wizardThe wind and humidity plus in the 39’s was brutal. Our midway game it took me 45 min to recover when I got home. I have the network and you can follow most schools all over the country, multiple sports JV and varsity, not bad for $69 per year and the video is excellent. Nothing like being there though and going will always be my first option

Reactions: dogs79
yeah ...I feel you...Reidsville's first game (March 5th) was at East Surry (Pilot Mtn.) and it was freezing cold with the wind but that was nothing to last weeks game with Cummings (April 1st) in Reidsville with temps in the upper 30's and winds gusting to 30 mph.....worse than a lot of November playoff games....

yeah ...I feel you...Reidsville's first game (March 5th) was at East Surry (Pilot Mtn.) and it was freezing cold with the wind but that was nothing to last weeks game with Cummings (April 1st) in Reidsville with temps in the upper 30's and winds gusting to 30 mph.....worse than a lot of November playoff games....
I can remember following our son in high school baseball games Some of those early games we took a gas heater! It was cold! Very rarely do I get really cold at fall football games. I think the air is dryer and not likely to have those March winds

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT